0 likes
Site administrator
0 likes
Hello Sandie .. and yes as always.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I'd say what I thought about it all, but I doubt this thread is the right place to do it.

What I will say is, I'm glad other people are pleased about and interested in it.

The event I'll be watching is the "How To Avoid At All Costs" one.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
What I will say is, I'm glad other people are pleased about and interested in it.

I'm glad to hear that people do.
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
I will probably watch most things, but as I always wanted to be a gymnastic when I was little, I will definately be watching that.
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
I'd say what I thought about it all, but I doubt this thread is the right place to do it.

The event I'll be watching is the "How To Avoid At All Costs" one.

I am surprised at how a few of you are so negative about the games.

My city of Vancouver hosted the last winter Olympics, and there were a lot of negative comments about the cost(s) and the "inconvenience(s)" for the city - BUT - it was a fabulous experience! The party started and it was a great time. The hospitality industry had a HUGE boost. Everyone was friendly and helpful to the huge amount of tourists who were in our country/city.

I know for a fact, that the winter Olympics helped Canadians unite and be proud of our country and citizens. We are not known as a bragging country .... but we showed our Colours proudly and in going to these Summer Olympics, again, we are seeing lots of our top athletes stoked to share and participate and hopefully take a medal in London.

So sad that people cannot appreciate all of the effort and determination and personal costs that these athletes have chosen for their sports ..... and to participate in the most elite event ever, is such an honour. I wholeheartedly support all of the athletes, from every country .... uniting under the umbrella of the London 2012 Olympic Games. It will surely be one of the finest games ever!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PersonalAssistant

My city of Vancouver hosted the last winter Olympics, and there were a lot of negative comments about the cost(s) and the "inconvenience(s)" for the city - BUT - it was a fabulous experience! The party started and it was a great time. The hospitality industry had a HUGE boost. Everyone was friendly and helpful to the huge amount of tourists who were in our country/city.

I know for a fact, that the winter Olympics helped Canadians unite and be proud of our country and citizens. We are not known as a bragging country .... but we showed our Colours proudly and in going to these Summer Olympics, again, we are seeing lots of our top athletes stoked to share and participate and hopefully take a medal in London.

So sad that people cannot appreciate all of the effort and determination and personal costs that these athletes have chosen for their sports ..... and to participate in the most elite event ever, is such an honour. I wholeheartedly support all of the athletes, from every country .... uniting under the umbrella of the London 2012 Olympic Games. It will surely be one of the finest games ever!

I dislike the olympics because it's much fuss over something small. And I only like watching some sporting events, such as badminton horse trials and red bull plane racing. Others I'm meh about, olympics I dislike so much because at this time of the year I'd rather have more choice of things other than olympics olympics olympics........
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
0 likes
Quote by MoonlightSerenity

I dislike the olympics because it's much fuss over something small. And I only like watching some sporting events, such as badminton horse trials and red bull plane racing. Others I'm meh about, olympics I dislike so much because at this time of the year I'd rather have more choice of things other than olympics olympics olympics........

Hunnie .... it's ONLY once ever FOUR years ..... relax and enjoy the badminton!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think the Olympics are great in that they bring countries together to root for their athletes. I love seeing the USA do well. But I like the Winter Olympics much more. I am more into watching winter sports, the locations are usually much more attractive and I generally have more time to sit by the TV in February than I will in July.

As for the London Olympics, Im sure they will put on a great show. I will most probably watch the opening and closing ceremonies and maybe some martial arts and gymnastics, maybe equestrian events too assuming they are televised. Not really into many of the other events, but I will be paying attention to see how everyone is doing.

I love to run, but watching someone run is boring, LOL!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Artistic Tart
0 likes
I started out thinking I'd just watch the sprinters (because they're hot, athletic abilities aside), since that's about what I did last time. But now that I'm home and tv-available for basically all day, I can tell that I'll be curious about a lot of the events.

Supposedly the great Usain Bolt may now be an underdog even among his own Jamaican squad, much less the world. Plus, I'll probably catch some of the soccer, gymnastics (the real shit, not the ribbon-swingers that dance around mostly), and the swimming. I'm sure the boxing will be on some as well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh, you cynic, Mazz... love it!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

Lurker
0 likes
I'll be watching CNN to see if anyone gets hurt. Seems London can't come up with the security that it needs or that was promised. It's a perfect opportunity for some shitass to do something hurtful and mean.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

Who said I couldn't appreciate the effort and determination and discipline of the athletes? I said I was glad OTHER people are pleased and interested in it. I was going to avoid posting negativity, but since you have decided to mention it, I will say I feel negatively about it because of the three community projects I was working with (that were helping to keep disaffected youths off the street) being shut down due to the funds being, and I quote from two of the funding group managements, "redirected to the Olympics". So basically, all the money for the projects that were working and keeping little gits off the streets and not causing bother were shut down. Guess where vandalism and anti-social behaviour began to soar again?

It's nice people want to be fit and get paid money for it and impress other people by doing sporty stuff, but with the money being redirected down to London at the expense of people who do not live in London, nor will see their local economies boosted by it, then sorry, but I actually don't feel like getting out my pompoms and cheering them on. Besides the fact I'm not interested in sport, I think the organisation in for the Games in our country has been farcical and short-sighted.

I also hope that my worries about terrorist attacks and trouble like we had last year with the rioting are all unfounded. Maybe if less troops had been made redundant they wouldn't have needed to go private for security and make us a laughing stock, nor would the heroes returning from overseas have to suspend spending time with their families on leave for this. I just hope they have a good time on duty.

Over and out.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm probably going to watch swimming and gymnastics, since those are the only two sports of the summer games I care about. When it's time for teh Winter Olympics, I only watch the ice skaters and some skiing.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Weaver of Words
0 likes
I will watch several events, but I think swimming is my fave, followed by gymnastics
0 likes
Quote by kaikai012
Shout out to All The Florida Gators Olympians!!!!

LOVE this!! woooohoooo!!!

It's so exciting to watch people that you know or know of .... from your neck of the woods!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Who said I couldn't appreciate the effort and determination and discipline of the athletes? I said I was glad OTHER people are pleased and interested in it. I was going to avoid posting negativity, but since you have decided to mention it, I will say I feel negatively about it because of the three community projects I was working with (that were helping to keep disaffected youths off the street) being shut down due to the funds being, and I quote from two of the funding group managements, "redirected to the Olympics". So basically, all the money for the projects that were working and keeping little gits off the streets and not causing bother were shut down. Guess where vandalism and anti-social behaviour began to soar again?

It's nice people want to be fit and get paid money for it and impress other people by doing sporty stuff, but with the money being redirected down to London at the expense of people who do not live in London, nor will see their local economies boosted by it, then sorry, but I actually don't feel like getting out my pompoms and cheering them on. Besides the fact I'm not interested in sport, I think the organisation in for the Games in our country has been farcical and short-sighted.

I also hope that my worries about terrorist attacks and trouble like we had last year with the rioting are all unfounded. Maybe if less troops had been made redundant they wouldn't have needed to go private for security and make us a laughing stock, nor would the heroes returning from overseas have to suspend spending time with their families on leave for this. I just hope they have a good time on duty.

Over and out.

It was the same with the royal wedding as well. To be honest I think that this years olympics are cursed..... The flame went out for the first time ever and the clock counting down to it broke on the first day..... I'm not too keen on them anyway. Waste of money....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Equestrian - I love horses smile

Oh and avoiding going to London at all costs. In fact trying not to travel at all due the events being all over the place!!
0 likes
just heard about the Spanish uniforms ..... apparently the athletes are somewhat speechless, though one athlete said the uniform "makes me wanna ask, fries with that burger" .....

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
just heard about the Spanish uniforms ..... apparently the athletes are somewhat speechless, though one athlete said the uniform "makes me wanna ask, fries with that burger" .....

OMG can I have a McChicken Sandwich. Actually strike that I hope sales of MacDonalds do really badly at the Olympics seeing as how they have banned all other food outlets from selling chips (fries) during the games at all the venues unless they are being sold as fish and chips!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BigShyPussyKins

OMG can I have a McChicken Sandwich. Actually strike that I hope sales of MacDonalds do really badly at the Olympics seeing as how they have banned all other food outlets from selling chips (fries) during the games at all the venues unless they are being sold as fish and chips!!

Now that's just horrible for everyone who makes decent chips.
Lurker
0 likes
The shirt looks like a granny's couch/sofa. Or something weird like that. Poor people. And what's up with the collar with the stripes?
Artistic Tart
0 likes
LOL look at his facial expression! So beaten. At least they're spared the dumbass beret/flight attendant blazer combo that the Americans will have to wear for opening ceremony. That foot-tall Ralph Lauren logo won't be crass or commercial at all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
LOL look at his facial expression! So beaten. At least they're spared the dumbass beret/flight attendant blazer combo that the Americans will have to wear for opening ceremony. That foot-tall Ralph Lauren logo won't be crass or commercial at all.

Yeah... It's suposed to be getting changed now thanks to this - http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/49996/u-s-olympic-uniforms-burned-in-dc/
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I saw that. How stupid. It's a dorky beret and a funked-up dinner jacket. Who cares where it's made? I mean, they'll probably be made better over there anyway. I thought we were supposed to be "one world" and shit, Olympic spirit and all.

The fashion decision might actually be worth rioting over, though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That is so very true. Do you think that the design will actually change?