Your past self

last reply
55 replies
6.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Let's just say I am lucky to be alive. I don't mind going back to jail(as I am cleaning my gun).
Lurker
0 likes
Above all else, I'd speak to those who are no longer on this earth and tell them all that I should have, but did not.
Lurker
0 likes
Quite honestly, not a lot. There are mistakes I have made and things I chose poorly, but it makes me who I am today and I like that person. I like this journey called life and I can't wait to see how it all pans out based on the lessons I have learned.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would go back to my early 20s and tell myself not to get involved with her because it will only end with her cheating and carrying my child long enough to intentionally miscarry our child.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd pay a visit to myself when I was 14.

Those were dark days of adjusting, and some shaky academic decisions.

Basically I'd self-comfort and reassure myself that things DO get better and that problems will work
themselves out, but I'd advise being more proactive in solving/shaping my issues rather than turning
away from them and risking the fact that they may or may solve themselves.

That way, the confidence in myself would come sooner than it did.
Are you truly awake?
Lurker
0 likes
I wouldn't change a thing. I earned every bump, lump and bruise and it made me who I am today.
Lurker
0 likes
There is not much I would change, everything that has happened to me has shaped me into the person I am today, lessons learnt and tears shed, I have become the woman and mother that I am. Obviously, there are little things that I sometimes wish had been different, like losing my virginity to a complete moron, but at least that taught me what not to do.. and maybe the choices I made that resulted in getting expelled from school aged 13 were not the wisest but it changed the course of my life and led me along a different path. I often wish I had known the signs of a stroke, things may be so different had I understood better at the time, and I should have spent more time listening to my grandparents and great grandparents stories, of the trials and tribulations of forging out new lives in colonial Africa and the sacrifices they made that enabled me to enjoy the carefree upbringing that I had. I believe everything happens for a reason, it just may take a while for the reason to become understood.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
I could go back to so many points in my life and change things by giving my then self advice, but usually the experience, even if it seemed bad at the time, led to greater and good things.
I think I would tell myself to trust my intuition more and also that everything happens for a reason and it's important to learn from the bad just as much as the good.
(Seriously, there's got to be a point to the crap, hasn't there?)

Couldn't agree with this more!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would go back and tell myself not to put stress into worrying what people thought of me and trying to make everyone happy. what is the point in pleasing everyone else when you are unhappy.
Lurker
0 likes
I'd say ' It gets better... I swear'
and ' Stop , being so hard on yourself- you're human, you mistakes and you're real friends and love ones(the ones who matter) will love you no matter what, so stop punishing yourself.
and ' you're fabulous, stop acting out- it's not your fault(it never was)
but I doubt I'd have listened I was stubborn(still am)..it was all a journey to this point. The struggle made me who I was...who I am and who I will be...it has layered me in character
0 likes
Quote by elitfromnorth
If you could go back in time and meet the younger version of yourself, when would you go back to and what would you tell yourself?

Me, I'd go back to when I was around 12, pat myself on the back and say that the bullying would stop and that the bullies would end up with rather shitty lives.

Rather the same, though I'm also tempted to go back to age 17 (or was it 18) and push myself to actually make a move on the girl I was friends with for my last couple years of high school. I missed a couple really good opportunities there and there did seem to be some interest on her side (though she was pretty flirty with guys in general so who knows?).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I won't change a damn thing. It didn't kill me, only made me stronger.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

The Resident Princess
0 likes
I would be 18 and remind my self to be the princess that I pretend to be and can live with out a man. Live a little before you get married.
Clumeleon
0 likes
I suppose I would go back to about a year ago and tell myself not to fuck up the relationship I just started because getting over it is going to be fucking difficult. Also, to start saving money like crazy because I'm going to be poor by the end of the year. And to be the best friend I can be.
Lurker
0 likes
Never cut your hair and stick to ten push ups and sit ups every morning.
0 likes
I wouldn't go back to my younger self because it made who i am today
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just tell myself to only worry about myself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd say " don't rush it girl "
Though she be but little, she is fierce.
Lurker
0 likes
tell myself that you get through it all. that the jerk will break your heart but makes your stronger
Lurker
0 likes
Phillip Larkin was partially right. Buck the trend and be a good parent!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i'd tell myself to put down the second hot dog, the bag of potato chips, mix in some greens and invest in a penis pump
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would have studied music from an early age and then have gone to music college instead of joining the stupid RAF and teaching myself to play the guitar.
Evolving Writer
0 likes
Quote by oflilliesandremains
Quite honestly, not a lot. There are mistakes I have made and things I chose poorly, but it makes me who I am today and I like that person. I like this journey called life and I can't wait to see how it all pans out based on the lessons I have learned.

I agree. Our lives are the sum of our choices and mine is pretty good now.
Lurker
0 likes
I would go back and tell my younger self. When you marry (Angie), divorce her after the 4 year mark. Your life will be better for it. After that she gets bat shit crazy