Who wants a ride in my time machine?

last reply
38 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Mary Poppins
0 likes
Great news everyone, I’ve just invented a time machine. I’m going back to 1978; can I drop anyone off on the way? I loved the late 70’s, happy carefree times. Great music, great buzz going round. The summers were at least six months longer than they are now. What’s not to like, oh my.
Be nice to each other

0 likes
Quote by verity100
Great news everyone, I’ve just invented a time machine. I’m going back to 1978; can I drop anyone off on the way? I loved the late 70’s, happy carefree times. Great music, great buzz going round. The summers were at least six months longer than they are now. What’s not to like, oh my.

Okay, Verity, I'd like to take you up on your kind offer. But I'm going a bit further back than you. Do you trust me at the controls after you have jumped ship? I promise to get it back to you before tea time. In fact, as it is a time machine, I'll have it back to you before we leave.

Anyhow, I'd like to go back to this day in London. I was only thirteen in 1967, never got to visit swinging London, Carnaby Street at its zenith.

The film is superb, could be discarded incidental footage from Austin Powers Usually archive footage is faded and dated but this day is as close as you can get to being on present when the film was made. It looks like it was done only yesterday. And because of this, the people are made real, had lives, dreams and hopes, not just NPCs in some costume RP game.

Few people think to record their day to day environment, create a time capsule for their future selves. Yeah, sure, we shoot family and friends, but never the day to day, the mundane, the trite. This an example of why we should.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Can I go back to 1995-2004? My teenage and young adult years were the best, before real life set in

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Mary Poppins
0 likes
Quote by LucaByDesign

Okay, Verity, I'd like to take you up on your kind offer. But I'm going a bit further back than you. Do you trust me at the controls after you have jumped ship? I promise to get it back to you before tea time. In fact, as it is a time machine, I'll have it back to you before we leave.

Anyhow, I'd like to go back to this day in London. I was only thirteen in 1967, never got to visit swinging London, Carnaby Street at its zenith.

The film is superb, could be discarded incidental footage from Austin Powers Usually archive footage is faded and dated but this day is as close as you can get to being on present when the film was made. It looks like it was done only yesterday. And because of this, the people are made real, had lives, dreams and hopes, not just NPCs in some costume RP game.

Few people think to record their day to day environment, create a time capsule for their future selves. Yeah, sure, we shoot family and friends, but never the day to day, the mundane, the trite. This an example of why we should.

The last thing we need is to cause a rift in the quantum event horizon by creating a feedback loop paradox. We don’t want a fluxed-up capacitor now, do we. You bringing it back before you left could create such an outcome. Perhaps it would be better if I went with you first to 1967, good job it wasn’t 69, oh my.
When’s the best time to pick you up, last Wednesday or Thursday?
Be nice to each other

Mary Poppins
0 likes
Quote by LadySharon
Can I go back to 1995-2004? My teenage and young adult years were the best, before real life set in

No problem. I'll pick you up on the way.
Be nice to each other

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by verity100

No problem. I'll pick you up on the way.

I would also like to hitch a ride to this time please.
Mary Poppins
0 likes
Quote by DeanRodman

I would also like to hitch a ride to this time please.

Jump on board, plenty of room
Be nice to each other

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Save me a place. Drop me off in the early 90s when I was in the best shape of my life.
Easily amused
0 likes
The idea of reliving the past 43 years exhausts me.

How about taking me back a week, to before my back went out, telling me to chill instead of getting the ladder out?

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Easily amused
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26
First 1997 then 2003-2006

What happened in 1997, if I may be so bold as to ask?

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

living dead girl
0 likes
Quote by DavidFosterWallace

What happened in 1997, if I may be so bold as to ask?

Titanic came out JK

Actually I'm going to go back and talk to a little kid me and tell her to be strong
then I'm going to give my fourth grade teacher a punch in the face for telling me to stop writing and ripping up my stories.
( among other things )
Then I'm going to a backstreet boys concert and chilling with my first best friend and I'm chugging epic amounts of surge and eating dunkaroos until I puke.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would like to go back to about 6 p.m. on 3/2/59 to a place called Oskaloosa in the U.S.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
My mom swears I belong in the 70's when girls went braless.
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
My mom swears I belong in the 70's when girls went braless.

How about the 60s and 80s? My wife didn't wear a bra during those three decades at all unless she had to. Now she laughs and says maybe if she had she'd still be a 34C instead of a 34 Long.
Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes
I'm afraid nothing in my past bears re-inspection, but if you are taking Luca back to London in 1967, could you swing me by LA? I'd really like to see my dad drinking beer with Mick Jagger at the Ash Grove, listening to Howlin' Wolf.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
60s or 70s would be good
Dutchess Of Dancing
0 likes
Verity I've never seen the 70's ,but would like to.I'll help with the gas.

A secret isn't a secret if 2 know it🤐

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You better promise me we'll be back in time
I am a Mandalorian, guns are my religion.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Castlesback
You better promise me we'll be back in time

don't need no credit card to ride this train.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Drop me off at 1991, so that I'd prevent an important event occurring in my life.
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
I'd go back to Winter of 1998, I'd done my first ever tri-way for Cyberpunk. That's three tables of 6 players and 3 GMs, using paper notes to record what impact each table had on the game map. In a world without tablets to sync them up, it was damn hard. I did it, and won my Queen of Cyberpunk title from the convention Committee. I also ended up celebrating in Eimear's arms, I can still remember the smell of her perfume. The feel of her arms around me, holding me close. My blood sang, the planets danced, and I melted into her love.
One of the most amazing moments of my life, and if I could only relive one day of my life again, it would be that or my first Yule with Eimear.
The first time anyone ever took a strappie to me, and played my body like a living harp. It changed my life, and nothing after would ever be the same.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
I'm in for going back to 1978. I met my husband that year and we were pretty much destined to be together forever from the start. 1978 was a very good year!

Dirty Talk Competition story: His Voice

New Mac & Grace story: Boardrooms & Boudoirs - Part Three -Chapters 9-12

The Last Dance - Part 4 & Part 5

The Last Dance is a love story, but not your ordinary love story. I’d love for people to check it out. Thanks! 🥰

New short story: Under The Doctor's Desk

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1978 I was too young. 1986 would be better. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN'T LET ANYONE COME IN BETWEEN YOU AND THE THINGS YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN THIS LIFE, OR IT AIN'T WORTH LIVING.

Indefinable !
0 likes
Quote by verity100

What a brilliant idea Verity !

Don't need to go far - just back to May 15th 2021 - I need to correct a mistake .
There are no strangers here - just lots of sexy friendly folk to chat with ?
Mary Poppins
0 likes
Quote by yurigagarin

What a brilliant idea Verity !

Don't need to go far - just back to May 15th 2021 - I need to correct a mistake .

Was it buying the wrong mop? You would not believe the amount of times I did that.
Be nice to each other