Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Whispering in chat rooms. Permission or not?

last reply
118 replies
8.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Above the message box you have a number of 'tools'. One of these is a drop down list of actions... privately whisper is in that list. You have to select the member you wish to privately whisper to first otherwise you get a 'You cant whisper to the whole room' message.

Thanks again!
Kinky Quill
0 likes
Quote by Thehoncath
If you really don't like it, you can turn whispers off. One of my best encounters here came via a misdirected whisper, so I'm not complaining. But I always apologise if I whisper by mistake - it usually means I was checking their profile and forgot to switch to non-whisper mode
I am glad that a flutter can mean so much, and be oh so powerful! Whilst I bring my own kind of chaos to those I choose to know everywhere, I do believe in Chaos theory, and I am glad that it is suggested that the fluttering wings of a butterfly can be felt the other side of the globe, it gives me hope that I can caress your soul.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Yeah I saw here in a room! She came in about the same time as another female who rarely ventures into the rooms but I cant recall who that was; I bet she didnt pull however.

that was Trinket - we're having a secret affair. you should hear the things SHE whispers to me.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
It depends on who. Friends and those I've talked to before don't mind whispering. New acquaintances prefer no whispering. I'm not afraid to say things in public. It's fun to talk in public.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lush is a erotica oriented adult social network site. Here the provision of chat is one of the value addition feature... So you're in a chat room on an adult site and I think if there is no whispering, then there is no chat...
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...
0 likes
I enjoy someone wanting to speak to me.......
Lurker
0 likes
Depends on the situation
Lurker
0 likes
I think you just have to remember that a whisper is only words on a screen. It's not like they're spraying spittle in your ear or anything. Why does it annoy people so much?

If I don't want to talk to the person, I just block them. I mean, actually them, not their whispers
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like to have the option and at times it's fitting to whisper
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I've just seen another profile with "do NOT whisper to me in chat rooms without asking me first".

Seriously? You're in a chat room on an adult site and you don't want people whispering? Gonna get all indignant because someone dared to? You want someone to openly say "can I whisper dirty nothing's in your ear?"

Does anyone else think this is being a bit precious?

If people want to privately talk to me then they should just PM me or blackbox me . . . I go to a CHAT room to CHAT with people openly, not to get distracted by "whispering" conversations that only tax my activity and attention. Read each heading to know what's whispered and what's not... switch the tag... switch the tag... and eventually I'm going to screw up and put something to the room instead of to the whisper. I mean - it's just a senseless mess.

And 9 times out of 10, when people want to whisper to me it's over nothing of consequence that can't be said out loud.

The site has numerous features and some people just find using those features to be annoying. Not a big deal, really.

If whispering thrills you then do it . . . but everyone who visits the site isn't obligated to like the things you like. The attitudes against those of us who aren't thrilled by the feature is sort of silly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
depends on the room most of the time its shut off lol
Lurker
0 likes
I don't mind being whispered, and sometimes I might whisper myself. Much more important is the content of the whisper or message itself. On the other hand, strangers who all of a sudden request a private chat (the one with the separate pop-up window) I will usually ignore.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I am quite often whispered to when in a chat room. It can be a male or female. Often expressing that they like what I'm posting but, for whatever reason, they don't want the room to know their likes. I seldom have a problem with it. I've not yet had to turn off whispers. But I will say I only initiate a whisper to a friend who I know has no problem with it.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by Metilda

If people want to privately talk to me then they should just PM me or blackbox me . . . I go to a CHAT room to CHAT with people openly, not to get distracted by "whispering" conversations that only tax my activity and attention. Read each heading to know what's whispered and what's not... switch the tag... switch the tag... and eventually I'm going to screw up and put something to the room instead of to the whisper. I mean - it's just a senseless mess.

And 9 times out of 10, when people want to whisper to me it's over nothing of consequence that can't be said out loud.

The site has numerous features and some people just find using those features to be annoying. Not a big deal, really.

If whispering thrills you then do it . . . but everyone who visits the site isn't obligated to like the things you like. The attitudes against those of us who aren't thrilled by the feature is sort of silly.

The thread is redundant now. The feature to turn whispers off wasn’t available when I posted this. I would think anyone who doesn’t want whispers would now use the feature.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I never whisper first
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I believe asking is more proper. But it depends on how the initial whisper is worded. If it starts off vulgar I would let them know that is not approperate. If it is polite I would probably respond in a like manner. This applies to someone new. Those that know me will know how to approach me.

Brandie
0 likes
Whispering, to me, is someone who have low self esteem and is afraid of others taking over their conversation with that individual. Other times I think they have something to hide and do not want others to know...And the third, but not the least impression I get is that chatter is not the person their profile says.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by trinket

"

Yes it bugs me when people have a list of dos and donts too much of that in the outside world.
Lurker
0 likes
I'd get it if a whisper opened a new window or something, but it doesn't seem to. Am I missing something?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm going to turn this around a little. I can't tell you how many times I have gone into a chat room, said hello and nobody responds. One day last week I went into every room available and received the same reply, crickets. I realize I'm new here and maybe that has something to do with it or people are busy but not a single hello? My two cents.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, why not. You have the choice to ignore
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I've just seen another profile with "do NOT whisper to me in chat rooms without asking me first".

Seriously? You're in a chat room on an adult site and you don't want people whispering? Gonna get all indignant because someone dared to? You want someone to openly say "can I whisper dirty nothing's in your ear?"

After reading through the comments, and since the site has changed that you can turn off whispers I guess some still want to be asked before they are "whispered"?

I personally don't mind. It's words on the chat room screen. No boxes open, you're not kicked from the chat so I don't see the harm in it.
I've seen a couple women get angry and go off on people that were trying to whisper them.
If they are getting upset and angry then why not just turn the feature off so they can't be whispered.

Educate me if I'm missing something...
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I see why some sights no longer have or have never had chat rooms. It's such a shame really because how else are you going to communicate with others you have never communicated with before? Oh well, I have let my views be known.
Lurker
0 likes
I am ok with Whispering
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Whispering is best as its discreet
Butterfly
0 likes
I don't mind that smile