What was your first vehicle you owned?

last reply
337 replies
35.9k views
1 watcher
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

1974 Dodge Challenger. Fast car. Goes through gas even faster.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

My first car was a 1964 Plymouth Valiant with a 3-speed Hurst floor shifter. A friend of my dad swapped the slant-6 for a 273 'Cuda V-8 (235 HP). The car was light and that engine could make it fly.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

I had a Morris 1100 in Green which I got in about 1971. My aunt christened it PIGGY due to its registration number and so PIGGY it was known as. A year or so after I got it I misjudged a space with a London Bus and managed to get a red strip along the side!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Citroen light fifteen seen in most of the war films had an odd gear stick which came out from the dash body. I owned two. Wish I HAD ONE NOW would be worth a small fortune lol.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

1967 Mercedes Benz 250SL. No name but a sweet car I kept for 40 years

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

What year/model/make was your first vehicle?

1980 Chev Monza

Did you have a name for it?

Banana Bitch. Banana because it was washed out yellow banana peel in colour. Bitch because second gear synchro was shot from when I took ownership and couldn't down shift into 2.

Got a photo of what it looked like?

Somewhere yes. Will take some digging

How long did you have it?

About 5 years. Blew the motor at 3 years ownership (too many runs through the gears at redline I suspect didn't help), put in a replacement used motor that died ~2 years after that.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

1983 Mercedes 300 TD. Given to me when I was years from driving age by my great uncle who wanted to piss my mother and sister off. It was properly garage stored till I was in my twenties and learned to drive. We tootle about every day now, Constance and I.