last reply
13 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Only one that springs to mind is P&O.

Seriously, what's with the banal questions and no explanation behind them? At least when I ask banal questions, I try to rationalise them and make myself understood.
Lurker
0 likes
The one that doesnt sink or breakdown.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not sure but right now Id avoid Carnival. HAHA
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was on a Carnival cruise aboard the Carnaval Paradise about a week before their problem with the fire onboard one of their ships. It was my first cruise and I would like to do another one someday. The food as good, not great, and the crew was friendly and helpful. As a kid I used to get car-sick easily, so I was concerned about getting sea-sick. I wore one of those patches that my Dr. prescribed. After 3 days of not feeling ill at all I didn't put the next one on and I was fine. I didn't realize that most of the motion you feel is the side to side motion, not the front to back motion. One of the other passengers told me he just thought of it as the ship rocking him to sleep at night. I started to think of it that way when I went to bed and I rather enjoyed the sensation.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think they're basically the same. It all depends on what you want to do. After all, each line's going to have their own amenities, and basically the same food, lodging, and entertainment.

As far as Carnival goes: that kind of thing's going to happen to whoever it happens to. Carnival just happened to get the short straw lately. But next time it could be Norwegian Cruise Lines. Or P&O. Or [Insert cruise line].

I think the better question is, "What do you want to do on your cruise?" Then just find the line that best supports that, and book.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Carnival has had a lot of mishappes lately. They might be cheap, but it is not worth the risk.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Obviously not Carnival.
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Royal Bangladesh Cruises. We sail the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, bringing you, the traveller into exotic ports and selling you into the slave trade. Choose your stateroom from our five star accommodations, dine in our luxurious single setting dining room, and take any of our exciting on shore excursions where you will be shown a life you never imagined possible.

[url]http://[/url]
Chat Moderator
0 likes
I have cruised with Carnival and Royal Caribbean... I was somewhat disappointed with Carnival... Seemed there was always overflowing trash cans, empty beer bottles and glasses in the bathrooms and just not that clean looking...The food left something to be desired as well...

With Royal Caribbean, I was very happy... the food was very tasty and always something to eat no matter the hour of day... It was also elegant yet bright and vibrant... Cleanliness seemed the order of the day and any issues were quickly resolved with a smile... I would definitely chose them again...
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Lurker
0 likes
The old cruise line where I come from rolled on Friday nights...went through town and by the High School. Take a left turn at Lancaster, go two blocks and then left again for about...huh? Cruise...yay...OHHHH! Gotcha! That kind...I won't go on a cruise ship. I figure if I want to get sick my patients have plenty they can pass on to me. Why pay an outrageous fee for a rare strain of bird flu.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I can recommend one to stay away from: Royal Caribbean Cruises. It was like spending seven days on the set of a TV shopping channel where everybody's pitching something.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Mind if I suck that for you? Really though Viking river cruise