Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What if sex wasn't intimate?

last reply
13 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Strange question right? As humans, we naturally get attached to whomever we mate with. I'd be willing to bet there is no such thing as a truly "no strings attached" sexual relationship, but I can't help but ponder from time to time. What if sex was just something you did amongst friends and a common everyday activity? What if it wasn't an uncommon occurrence for you to engage with sex with a stranger simply out of sexual attraction and nothing more and there be no consequences?

In this strange hypothetical world, public nudity is widely accepted and you engage in sex out of instinct with whomever you're attracted to (consensual for all parties involved of course), to fulfill a primal urge in the same way you would grab a bite to eat when you're hungry. If you're on a bus and you see someone hot and bothered or masturbating, it's a polite gesture to lend a hand

This could be heterosexual or homosexual, sexual acts of course ;).

What are your thoughts on this type of world?
Sounds like the beginning of a new story for the fantasy category. To be honest, I think sex would become boring in such a world. Growing deeper in one's connection to another person(s), is part of what livens up sex and makes it interesting. There's only so many purely physical orgasms you can have before you need other stimulation. That's why I don't write many "stroke stories". That's not what interests me about sex and sexual relationships.
Quote by seeker4
Sounds like the beginning of a new story for the fantasy category. To be honest, I think sex would become boring in such a world. Growing deeper in one's connection to another person(s), is part of what livens up sex and makes it interesting. There's only so many purely physical orgasms you can have before you need other stimulation. That's why I don't write many "stroke stories". That's not what interests me about sex and sexual relationships.

Yeah, I kind of see where you’re coming from. Failed relationships just have me burned out I guess. It would just be nice to scratch an it h every once in a while with no consequences ya know?
there would be fewer divorces
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
Herbert Spencer
Quote by calx86

It would just be nice to scratch an it h every once in a while with no consequences ya know?

Once in a while, sure. I can't see it becoming the norm, though.

Quote by sdsioux
there would be fewer divorces

Though in a society of total free love, would marriage even be relevant anymore? And if marriage is no longer relevant, divorce becomes pointless.
Nothing to do with the topic, but your new avi is
Who says sex can't be 'intimate' just because it's casual/sport sex with someone other than your mate? Some friends-with-benefits relationships go on for years, and the intimacy can be quite profound. Sometimes it is even with new casual partners too. Just because there isn't a lifetime commitment involved, doesn't mean sex can't be emotionally satisfying as much as physically.
Quote by Beffer
Who says sex can't be 'intimate' just because it's casual/sport sex with someone other than your mate? Some friends-with-benefits relationships go on for years, and the intimacy can be quite profound. Sometimes it is even with new casual partners too. Just because there isn't a lifetime commitment involved, doesn't mean sex can't be emotionally satisfying as much as physically.

I guess you’re right. I could have worded the question better. I guess I meant like truly without consequences no strings attached. Like if you wanted to be naked on the bus or at work, and on break decided you wanted public sex and no one batted an eye. It was just common place.
Quote by calx86

I guess you’re right. I could have worded the question better. I guess I meant like truly without consequences no strings attached. Like if you wanted to be naked on the bus or at work, and on break decided you wanted public sex and no one batted an eye. It was just common place.

Everyone has their own opinion of course. But in my mind, if sex is done well, people would definitely be batting an eye...and it would never seem common place.

Dirty Talk Competition story: His Voice

New Mac & Grace story: Boardrooms & Boudoirs - Part Three -Chapters 9-12

The Last Dance - Part 4 & Part 5

The Last Dance is a love story, but not your ordinary love story. I’d love for people to check it out. Thanks! 🥰

New short story: Under The Doctor's Desk

New micro: Another Man’s Wife

Quote by techgoddess
Sex is always intimate...just in varying degrees...in my opinion

Well said techgoddess. True intimacy is only on your part. You can observe how your partner reacts and your partner can observe how you react, but neither you or them can truly feel what each other feels. You can tell them, but that is not the same as they actually feeling what you feel or you actually feeling what they feel. In that regard, intimacy is only on your part..
Meagan
Seems to be that it is impossible not to be intimate during a sexual event. That applies even in the most casual sex possible, for that period of time it is very intimate.

Even, for the person you just met and there was that magic. Certainly, you both know this will never happen again, it is still very intimate for that period of time.

If you think a relationship must be long-term to be intimate. Please rethink the subject.

Would going around nude all the time, public as well as private, add to the intimacy, probably not. Half the fun of Christmas presents is unwrapping your gift.

Public Sex, my I am getting a warm feeling!
it would be boring without the intimacy. I'd rather just masturbate.