Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Transsexual Miss Canada contestant banned from competition.

last reply
15 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Miss Universe Canada officials have banned 23-year-old transsexual Jenna Talackova from participating in the pageant finals to be held in Toronto in May, 2012. The Vancouver contestant was one of sixty-five women chosen to compete in the national contest (which is owned by Donald Trump). The Daily Mail Reports that Denis Davila, national director of Miss Universe Canada, asserts that every contestant must be a "naturally born female." Critics of the decision claim that the rules do not specifically address sex change or plastic surgery.

The statuesque blonde Talackova is calling it a human rights issue. She says that she knew she was a girl by age four, started hormone therapy at fourteen, and had sex reassignment surgery at nineteen. She's previously competed in both transsexual and women's beauty pageants. "All I can say is that they disqualified me because I'm not 'natural born,' she told the National Post. "[That] doesn't make sense because since I was conscious, I always felt this way."

After being kicked out of the pageant, Talackova, whose twitter account has since been locked, tweeted, "I'm disqualified, however I'm not giving up. I'm not going to just let them disqualify me over discrimination." Online support for the beauty queen is growing. So far, over twenty-one thousand people have signed a petition demanding she be allowed to compete. It reads, "She is a woman and deserves to be treated as any other woman would be."

Talackova, who says she is not doing interviews until she consults a lawyer, describes herself as, "a woman with a past."

================================

Well, what about it Lushies?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
If she's had gender reassignment surgery she is a woman in every way. I'm sure her drivers license says female as well. Wonder what her birth certificate says btw?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
If she's had gender reassignment surgery she is a woman in every way. I'm sure her drivers license says female as well. Wonder what her birth certificate says btw?

I agree. If her drivers license says woman, and medically she is now considered a woman, she should be allowed to be in the contest. I know the rules state she had to be a natural born female but times change and the rules should change with the times. It would be like saying if you had any cosmetic surgery, you will be diqualified. That would eliminate the majority of pagent entries.

I would think her birth certificate says male since she was born male. I wonder what she is considered in the latest census, assuming one was done since her surgery?

Must admit, she looks pretty hot but her voice gives it away!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm sorry, but if you're born a male, I don't care what kind of surgury you get. To me, and many others, you're still a male. I read online someone said you can paint an apple orange, and call it an orange, but it's still an apple.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Can you imagine how deflated your ego would be to lose a beauty pageant to a transsexual?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with Nikki703, SHE should be allowed to compete!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MissyLuvsYa
Can you imagine how deflated your ego would be to lose a beauty pageant to a transsexual?

I think I would die!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I heard they were re-thinking that decision. Maybe it was just a blip to get you to watch the news segment.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01
I heard they were re-thinking that decision. Maybe it was just a blip to get you to watch the news segment.

I heard they are letting her in!! Oh Canada!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks to Donald Trump?! How big of him.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Really, if they have rules that say you have to be born with a vagina, well then those are the rules.
It's not like they're saying you're not female, just that their rules are this way.

People feel offended way too easily, if she had read the rules from the beginning she wouldn't' have been so buthurt.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with the competition for enforcing their rules, genitalakova

Also she got complained off a hotel roof for doing a bikini photo shoot by quests right after she got there
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Catnip
Really, if they have rules that say you have to be born with a vagina, well then those are the rules.
It's not like they're saying you're not female, just that their rules are this way.

People feel offended way too easily, if she had read the rules from the beginning she wouldn't' have been so buthurt.

I agree, but times change and rules need to change with the times!! It wasnt until the 1970's that a black woman was allowed enter the Miss America Pageant. Would it be OK if that rule never changed?

For the record, these pageants are stupid, JMO!
Lurker
0 likes
Sadly; the "rule-book" calls the shots. And I'm sure "she" would have known this prior to entering.
It is an unfortunate issue, but not all of us were born to be what we wanted to be.
For example; Some of us were born so ugly that only our mothers loved us, whilst others were more fortunate in the "looks" department.
You are what you are and although a difficult pill to swallow on occasions, that's the hand we were dealt and that's the hand you play with.
Lurker
0 likes
Not sure what the fuss is. She's not a woman. Seems to me that someone has gender reassignment surgery and they want to be able to pick and choose what they are able to do. There was one that wanted to be a prom queen and wanted her TS boyfriend to be the prom king. Can't have it both ways.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just for the record, I agree with Nikki703 that these pageants are stupid.
I hope this doesn't deviate too far from the original thread here, but what about the Olympics? Could she say particiate in a woman's sport? I don't know, just asking, but I bet it will come up sooner or later.
If you ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it.................Frank Lloyd Wright

I always practice obedience, when it's in my best interest.