last reply
145 replies
13.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kiera

Yeah, but you don't like Star Wars or anything even half decent so I am not surprised that you did like this travesty of a film

I'm not sure I have very much in common with anyone who can tolerate that pile of shit, let alone like it....from what I can gather (I've yet to watch one of them from beginning to end...), it's a bloody love film between a brother and a sister. Is that about right?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by TheAngryishLover

I'm not a fan of Sci Fi, but I liked that one. Lot's of satire in it, which made it a bit more brainy than just the Independence day style 'aliens bad, shoot aliens, humans win' type movies

actually, i have to agree - District 9 was brilliant, not only as scifi movie, but as a mirror held up to humanity and how we treat anyone who's 'not one of us'. sorry, Kiera, but your wrong, for once smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Hmmm. THREE???
I. just. can't.

Inception
Interstellar
Star Wars, but Abrams' VII is my favourite.
Abrams' Star Trek
Ex Machina
Ender's Game

And two that perhaps arguably not best categorised as scifi, but fit nonetheless:
V for Vendetta
CHAPPiE

I came late to the SciFi game.
Don't hate me, but when I finally relented and watched The Fifth Element, I thought it was remarkably painful rubbish
0 likes
Quote by lynnwitt
Yes, there are a number of good SF movies.. but also some real stinkers. Not always SF, but look to MST3K smile BTW... MST3K IS RETURNING WITH NEW SHOWS!

S-F writer Theodore Sturgeon, commenting on how S-F always seemed to be derided by the mainstream literary types as being full of trash and crap, sagely noted that "Using the same standards that categorize 90% of science fiction as trash, crud, or crap, it can be argued that 90% of film, literature, consumer goods, etc. is crap. In other words, the claim (or fact) that 90% of science fiction is crap is ultimately uninformative, because science fiction conforms to the same trends of quality as all other artforms.[2]" which is generally shortened to "90% of everything is crap".
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by TheAngryishLover

I'm not sure I have very much in common with anyone who can tolerate that pile of shit, let alone like it....from what I can gather (I've yet to watch one of them from beginning to end...), it's a bloody love film between a brother and a sister. Is that about right?

No it is not a love story between a brother and sister at all.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by sprite

actually, i have to agree - District 9 was brilliant, not only as scifi movie, but as a mirror held up to humanity and how we treat anyone who's 'not one of us'. sorry, Kiera, but your wrong, for once smile

That part is true, I agree, but not about the film being any good, I can't believe it didn't make my eyes bleed it was utter pants imho...That said google disagrees with me too, I googled top SciFi films and District 9 came up as one of the top ones but I personally thought it was terrible.

Scifi wise, one I watched that I thought was superb was Battle: Los Angeles, I really enjoyed that.

Others are

The Matrix
Star Wars
Aliens

Loads more, I really enjoy a good Scifi....unlike Angry, he hasn't even watched Avatar yet
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
Ummmm
Ummm
Hmmm
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by LaylaJune
Ummmm
Ummm
Hmmm

It appears we have a movie marathon in our future.

My three:
Blade Runner
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn
Serenity

What I propose we watch together (three more sci-fi movies I really like):
Moon
Primer
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
1. Dunes. I really love them all.
2. Blade Runner
3. Ex Machina - For something more recent. Fantastic film.
“If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. ... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

What I propose we watch together (three more sci-fi movies I really like):
Moon
Primer

LJ, don't do it! Primer was literally the worst film I have ever seen, and I love sci-fi as a genre. That's three hours of my life I can't get back. Made me want to scratch my eyes out, lol.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Jen

LJ, don't do it! Primer was literally the worst film I have ever seen, and I love sci-fi as a genre. That's three hours of my life I can't get back. Made me want to scratch my eyes out, lol.

Really? Worse than Twilight? Worse than any given Adam Sandler movie? Worse than Mamma frikkin Mia!?

Of course, I liked Waterworld too. Saw it twice.

Ignore her, LJ. She clearly does not know genius when she sees it.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

one of my all time favs. in fact, pretty much everything by Michael Gondry. i still need to see the the new one, Microbes and Gasoline. you should check out The science of Sleep and Mood Indigo, if you haven't. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Blade Runner , Tank Girl , A Boy and His Dog. Are always good to watch.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

Really? Worse than Twilight? Worse than any given Adam Sandler movie? Worse than Mamma frikkin Mia!?

Of course, I liked Waterworld too. Saw it twice.

Ignore her, LJ. She clearly does not know genius when she sees it.

Yup. Literally the worst. Give me glittery vegan vamps over that tosh any day. I was pretty much comatose by the end.

And obviously I know genius when I see it, cos The Goonies is my favourite film

Umm, Waterworld?

Lurker
0 likes
Lucy
Three Colours:Red
The Matrix
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Silent Running

Lost in Space

The Fifth Element
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Haven't actually picked any yet, lol.

Umm, terminator 2, serenity and super 8. And guardians of the galaxy smile
Una chica rubia caliente
0 likes
Quote by Shannon3K
Blade Runner
Alien
John Carpenter's The Thing

and....

oh yeah....another great one:
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kiera

That part is true, I agree, but not about the film being any good, I can't believe it didn't make my eyes bleed it was utter pants imho...That said google disagrees with me too, I googled top SciFi films and District 9 came up as one of the top ones but I personally thought it was terrible.

Scifi wise, one I watched that I thought was superb was Battle: Los Angeles, I really enjoyed that.

Others are

The Matrix
Star Wars
Aliens

Loads more, I really enjoy a good Scifi....unlike Angry, he hasn't even watched Avatar yet

Battle: Los Angeles is perhaps one of the most boring films I've ever watched.....and no, I haven't watched Avatar yet. From what I can tell, it's a film about giant alien smurfs? Thanks, but no thanks...

Mind you, the first Matrix film was brilliant. It was scifi and special effects COUPLED with an actual and interesting story line. Now that is a pretty unique combination in the Hollywood world. It is however difficult now to watch the original, whilst knowing what shit we were going to be subjected to afterwards.

Inception a few have mentioned, and I also liked that one. So The Matrix and Inception would be two sci fi films that I would/could recommend. I'm struggling with a third though....of the other lists I've seen here I either haven't watched them, or have and wouldn't want to watch them again.

I've also not seen Lord of the Rings either. Well that's not true, I watched the first 20 minutes of the first one. I realised after 20 minutes that I didn't need to watch the rest of it/them!

It takes a lot to please me when it comes to films. I'm just not much of a film goer (I'll go to the cinema, on average, maybe once every two years? If that...)
Clumeleon
0 likes
Mars Attacks!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fahrenheit 451
2001, A space odyssey
Close encounters of the third kind
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Lurker
0 likes
The most recent Star Trek films

Most recent Star Wars.

But my all time favorite - The Fifth Element
Dreamer
0 likes
The most recent Star Trek films
All Star Wars films
Dune.

My bookshelf includes 227 stories, which include 76 collaborations;

One Editor's Pick, Three Series Awards, Fifty-three Recommended Reads, and Eight Famous Stories are included. Go to https://www.lushstories.com/profiles/view/ChrisM/stories

Enjoy

Lurker
0 likes
Serenity (2005 Film)
The Matrix (1999
Close Encounters of the Third Kind