last reply
11 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
VERY interesting ......

Jimmy McMillan, also known as Papa Smurf, is the founder of the Rent Is Too Damn High Party, a New York-based political party. McMillan is the party's current nominee in the New York gubernatorial election, 2010.

The rent is indeed to high in many places in the world ... NYC, Toronto, LA, London.

In one of his debates he stated his views on gay marriage, by saying "The Rent Is Too Damn High Party believes that if you want to marry a shoe, I'll marry you." (hey, I am a Shoe!!)

I thought this was worthwhile listen.

Van
Lurker
0 likes
$8000.00 a month for 2 BR? Seriously? Wow! And I thought it was high here.
He's a colorful character. I'd like to see him give them a scare by showing up on the ballot and getting votes.
Lurker
0 likes
Did anyone hear how many if any votes this guy got?
Lurker
0 likes
That sounds like a wonderful idea for someone sick of the big cities but, I'd bet they would have a bit of a culture shock in moving there.
Matriarch
0 likes
I wouldn't move there even at $1 / week!
Lurker
0 likes
I don't know anything about it. Maybe that's why it sounds nice.KfZe6MhJBVdPe16T
Matriarch
0 likes
I am sure the town has its charm, but I find it difficult enough living an hour out of Sydney. Beggars can't be choosers!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I am sure the town has its charm, but I find it difficult enough living an hour out of Sydney. Beggars can't be choosers!
Nicola I have idea, some people come into a chatroom and never say a darn word maybe you should charge them rent lol
Lurker
0 likes
I believe it was reported that this character doesn't even pay rent....he lives for nada with friends or some such....

Am sure he hauled in all sorts of votes (wasted)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I need to start a my-mortgage-is-too-damn-high party.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Tomorrow I'm starting my taxes are too dam high party , anyone wanna join?