Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

The one that got away

last reply
41 replies
4.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
I've mastered the art of letting great people get away from me. From a wife of almost 17 yrs, to a sure-thing girlfriend of 2 yrs, to a couple of amazing people I met on line - I've found a way to alienate and turn off these gals with my many weaknesses and flaws. I hope my Catch-and-Release habits are behind me.
In both cases I was the one who got away. Luckily. I never saw their flaws until I started dating them.
I don't talk to either of them anymore. Although one does still constantly tell me he wants me back.....
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
The one who got away is now available...but I am not....DAMN IT!
There were two one I think preferred women and the other lived far away and I think the distance diminished us.I still wonder about them though
There were two one I think preferred women.the other lived a considerable distance away and I don't think that that helped us any.Still wonder about them though
Not sure there has been one that has gotten away. Wish I'd never met and married the ex, wish some things about the relationship with the significant other had been different, but it wasn't and I was happy with things as they were. And now he is gone, but don't think that qualifies as the one who got away. Perhaps someone I have met here on Lush is the one who got away. There have been a few I could see having had more with, but not sure all those stories have been fully written yet.
Too proud to say "I'm the one that got away" 5 years!! ..Thank God, It's over
Too many miles between us with outside interference from her mother
There were two that got away. I grew up with them both..We all went our different ways. One of them found me in facebook.
Never had "the one that got away"

But if it didn't work out its for a reason.
The jury's still out on that one smile

No, really. I've had some people that I wondered what happened between us or long stretches where I thought that I really wanted person X back in my life in that way.

As I get older and the more I realize about myself, I see that they weren't really for me or I wasn't in the place where they wanted me to be. I learned from those experiences, grew, and changed.

So did they really get away?

Maybe we were more like ships passing in the night. Because if we were meant to travel that river together, we would have been going the same way.
Me. I got out alive!
she was great,but back then the Marine corps frowned upon infidelity, but there was a reason.it started out just to help her her get help.She was being abused by her then husband .I was A higher rank .I guess we broke a few ,rules.well one thing led to another,and we fell for each other ,one night her husband came by our office and in a sense caught us he didn't see anything ,but the asshole called the mp's and she was allowed to leave .I got stuck explainging things which was fine .I told the mp,s if she ever should up with another visible brusie in her I would have her husbands ass. well 3 day later I got ordersto another post she was ordered not to have any contact with me .so that is how she got away.
Stabbed me, took my car and left me bleeding in the parking lot. Looking back, I'm fine that she got away, but it took about two years before I really accepted that it was for the best. She was definitely "the one that got away" for that period of time.
She got away because I was way too malleable and deep for her which it was in contrast with me trying the best way to be likable.

I tug of war of being myself and not. It stemmed from really liking her so much, so I was trying my "best" not to lose her. I realized it wasn't my best but my worst.

On the other hand as her best gf had told her... she had never understood and never gave me and herself a good chance.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Lol, the ginger kid I sat next to in Maths in year 9... we ate ice cream together and didn't get past first base. Wish we had though because he went to Cambridge! And he used to play rugby! Damn it! Oh man, he was actually lovely... cry
My first crush. I was too shy back then to do anything. Totally regret it now because we ended up living 5 minuets from each other and she was beautiful.