Sound off Australia ! FIRE !

last reply
16 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Melbourne hit the highest temperature it has ever had on record yesterday. 45 I think it was. They had huge 100mph gusty winds too, v scary stuff.

Luckily we rarely get troubled by bushfires in Sydney, although the outskirts sure do.
Lurker
0 likes
It got to just under 48 degrees celsius yesterday where I am. A friend of mine went off to fight the fires (volunteer firefighter). A couple of the blazes that had been brought under control were just re-lit by arsonists.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by sweet_escape
A couple of the blazes that had been brought under control were just re-lit by arsonists.

That really makes me angry

Glad you're ok sweet_escape.
Lurker
0 likes
Hope everyone there stays safe.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hope the ones responsible are caught and punished. All who live there stay safe.
Carpe Diem

Red out
Lurker
0 likes
Why do they re-light the bush fires? That's awful. I'd shoot 'em on sight, I think.

bushfires in Sydney

Just have him shave, Nic-O-Time.
Lurker
0 likes
Stupid assholes that's why. I hope you are all ok down there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MerryAnita
Hope everyone there stays safe.

hope there would be safe now andthe situtaitonwould be immediatly controlled by the goverment。。
Lurker
0 likes
I want you Aussies to keep posting, ok? I want to make sure you're safe.
Lurker
0 likes
It's unbelievable how fierce the fires are. Entire towns have been wiped out and turned into crime scenes. So sad.

I could see the smoke in the distance on the weekend, but it's moved far enough away now that I can't any longer. People have lost so much. The ones who've lost friends and family members just break my heart.
Lush Legend
0 likes
My prayers are with those people....that is so horrible.......
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
Let's just hope they catch the S.O.Bs that started it Stay safe
Lurker
0 likes
we never forget do we? and this is good.. as it should be..
we remember our fires... and their human cost...

they had an earthquake in New Zealand.. Christchurch..
i am sad to say all my Kiwi friends talk about how much it is costing to rebuild..
i have never heard remarks on the monetary cost of fires in Aussie... only the human cost.