last reply
24 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Soulmates, Do they exist?
I know i have a soulmate, but he is untouchable. He is my partners best friend.
Do you have a soulmate, are you with them? and if not why?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's possible soulmates exist. I don't know who mine is yet, though. I just know that me and my guy are on the same wavelength.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
They do exist. I've been with mine a long time. He's not perfect and neither am I, but we make it work.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Soul mates are those who know how you feel without even being with them, the person who would know your thoughts without them being said, the person who would give everything to make you happy

Yes I have a soulmate and no we are not together, sometimes people are not meant to be together

but i believe it is also possible to have more than one soulmate and I will let you know how that one goes one day
Lurker
0 likes
I kind of believe in them, but for other people. My belief in my soulmate existing is gradually dying out
Lurker
0 likes
I am neutral when it comes to believing in soulmates. May be i ll believe it when i meet mine? I did once date a girl who at that time seemed like was my soulmate but i am not so sure about it now.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some interesting views, Thank you and keep then coming please. xx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I seem to have lots of soulmate's when I am drunk or high.

But I like to think we all have a few people who we feel a deep and natural affinity, limerence or attachment to, and where it is also reciprocated.
Lurker
0 likes
There's a book called Gooberz that deals in depth with the topic of soulmates... "Twin Selves", actually, is the term the author uses. If you like prose poetry and stories with emotional depth, I recommend it.
Lurker
0 likes
i have several and a whole energy theory attached to it.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by stormblue
There's a book called Gooberz that deals in depth with the topic of soulmates... "Twin Selves", actually, is the term the author uses. If you like prose poetry and stories with emotional depth, I recommend it.

How interesting...I think I'll download it and read it through. When I was going through trying to find myself in my teenage years I read a lot of Linda Goodman Astrology books. Well a lot of books on different religions really
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I believe in Soulmates, but I also believe that who they are changes as you grow as a person.

The first guy I thought was my soulmate- we moved beyond the ability to have a relationship with each other. I love him, and I refer to him as "The Love of my Life" still. I now know that an intimate relationship with him would end in tears, and most likely bloodshed.

I married the second man I thought was my soulmate. We're still married, and he knows me better then anyone else, and he loves me for all the eccentric, neurotic and impulsive person that I can be. But there is a gap in my life, and growing wider and changing as I change as a person.

I met a man not to long ago, and he can finish a sentence before I even start it, look into my eyes and know what I'm thinking, and holds my hand when I need it held most. This man could very well be the latest incarnation of my soulmate, but I think the term 'Twin Self" is more appropriate, and describes the connection between us. But physical distance, as well as my current status, makes that impossible.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by andyhants
Soul mates are those who know how you feel without even being with them, the person who would know your thoughts without them being said, the person who would give everything to make you happy

Yes I have a soulmate and no we are not together, sometimes people are not meant to be together

but i believe it is also possible to have more than one soulmate and I will let you know how that one goes one day

Very well said. A lot of these responses are well put, showing a deep understanding to what it means for them to have one.
I don't believe in a "soul" but I believe that there can be someone that understands your wants and needs and cares enough to help you achieve them. There may even be more than one for some people as Gem said.
Lurker
0 likes
I always used the term mind meld for soulmates. I knew someone once with whom I had the craziest connection too.There were instances where it seemed like we shared a single soul sometimes. The romantic in me loves the idea of it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always think of the bond or the connection I can have with someone. I don't believe in God or in Fate, so, the idea of the soul is somewhat unnecessary. But as far as minds are concerned, they can be compatible to such an extent that they seem a continuation of one another. You get to the point where you're not afraid to be totally yourself, because you trust the other will just get you, understand you and accept you for who you are. So, soulmate: no. A totally unbreakable bond of trust that allows you to love and be who you love: yes.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I've enjoyed/endured a helluva lot more sole mates than soulmates, and find them to be more likely and realistic.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I believe smile
Lurker
0 likes
I totally believe that every person as a "soulmate" out there =)
Will they ever meet them? Will they ever get to be together if they do meet? I have no idea

But I think everybody has that someone who loves them on a whole different level, who brings out the every best in them and drives them to be better- someone who was simply made for them =)
Lurker
0 likes
yeah I believe.. They are out there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by shadowcat
Soulmates, Do they exist?
I know i have a soulmate, but he is untouchable. He is my partners best friend.
Do you have a soulmate, are you with them? and if not why?

Yes, they do. I like the term "twin selves" though.
I was with someone I truly believed was my soulmate, but life got in the way.
No, I'm not with her because she's gone but I would be if I could, in a second. I would give up everything to be with her.
Well I hope I never figure out
Who broke your heart ~ Baby if I do
Well I'd spend all night losing sleep
I'd spend the night and I'd lose my mind
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes i do believe in soul mate when two heart from apart become one that is the best
Lurker
0 likes
I also positively believe in soulmates and yes as said before I believe there could be more then one in ones life... I lost lost mine when I was 23, had met him 5 yrs prior, unfortunately he lived on the other side of the world, but that didn't affect our connection at all. Though our back grounds and cultures were very different, we understood each other perfectly and as also mentioned before, half a word was needed... In fact the connection reached far beyond spoken words... English was for both of us our 2nd language but never was a barrier or a, as often is the case a source for mis-communication. Though he passed away, hardly a day goes by that he pops up in my mind and I still treasure our bond to this day... After some personal experiences though short, I am convinced there could be more then one soulmate... Paulo Coelho's Brida is beautiful on the subject as well...Though it isn't like placing an ad... You never know when you'll find them unless you do...
Lurker
0 likes
I also believe in the soulmate thing - and yes i think that we have more than one... They come into our lives at various points, I think...

I'm not with mine, but I know him and he is currently destroying himself... It's a hellish thing to watch, unable to help or intervene, but hey, I guess we all have our own journeys...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I believe in soul mates, and I believe we each have more than one. How sucky would it be if there were only one soulmate for us in 6 billion peoples? Needle in a hay stack.

I think my best friend is one of my soul mates. We just get each other, and always have.

I met someone else who I think may be a romantic soulmate, online. I'm curious as to whether that will translate into the real world when we meet.

I remain hopeful...
Follow my blog! Latest post: Shake Your Bootie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a sexual soul mate but his life took a major turn and poof gone.......
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Clumeleon
0 likes
I don't think soul-mates exist in the sense that people are 'made for each other'. But I do think that certain people can be more suited for each other and share a special connection.