Scoring a 1?

last reply
3 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just wondering. Why do some people score a 1 on a story/poem that's gotten you mostly positive feedback but when you message them to understand why they did it, they delete their account and cease to exist? Yes, I am slightly butthurt, insulted and exasperatedly amused. xD
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
There was a rash a while back, if I recall correctly, of people signing up and giving random stories low scores. When that is discovered, they are kicked off the site. The main thing is there are some jerky people out there that think it is funny to give low scores. I tend to not pay attention to the low scores when I have gotten good feedback before and after them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
all right, I'm not paying attention anymore too. hahaha
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
all right, I'm not paying attention anymore too. hahaha
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have a different take on scoring. When I first came on Lush, some years ago, I developed a large following, some from the site members, and many who came here just to read the stories without joining. My stories consistently scored very high. I was near the top, and my views count, before I left, was over 2 million (maybe 3 million). And then...guests weren't allowed to score stories, just members, and my scores began to drop. I would see the same members reading my stories, commenting, complimenting me...while all the while, my scores were dropping.