last reply
39 replies
4.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just a little comnent about the talent.
Oprah, whoopi and Danny Glover put on an acting clinic in the Color Purple. If any of you have ever tried your hand at acting, to bring forth that amount of emotion in a character that moves so many people "is" an enormous talent.

I still don't understand how Keenu Reeves, Jean Claude Vandam and Dolph Lundren haven't won Oscars.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sit and Interview and make easy money. That's what certain media people call "Hard Work"
Lurker
0 likes
There's a good side to everyone.

However she tends to hark on things.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ScottFord
Poor little old Oprah Winfrey.

3. Or the truth is she lied and used this to push her movie. She is buying the Academy Award and is using race to cover for her poor work. She is greedy, selfish and has little if any real talent. So she has to push her movie and with the help of the excuse we have for a media, they give her all she wants without looking to find out the truth.

Now I am sure there are some people who see nothing wrong with anything she does and will defend her and since I could use a good laugh I would love to hear how you do it.

This is what I wrote in my first post and I stick with the fact she made this all up to get notice of her movie. Did any one say she couldn't buy anything because of her race? No, that was her comment that got her in the media and made people "feel sorry" for her and helped get her movie more in the press. The salesperson was being helpful and that is what a person expects when shopping. And it isn't the first time someone has tried to push their movie to get an award. That's the way it is done. And she has the money and the power for it. Those who say "Oh, she didn't want a $38,000 purse." then why was she shopping is such a high price joint? But the purse really isn't the deal here, although I think it is really a stupid ego trip on her part. Some people seem to be upset more over the fact that I "rant" about Queen Oprah when as any loyal serf I should be kissing her behind rather than the fact that what I said was wrong, because I wasn't. Sorry, I want to back side and say "rant" instead of "said".

And those who worship Miss Winfrey and provided me a good laugh, I thank you. Also, I still want to thank those who put up real life stories of night mare salespeople and how some people were able to get pay back. Justice is sweet. The salesperson who had the bad luck to wait on Miss Winfrey was a good person and even offered to quit her job over this, but she has a good boss who refused her. The other thing that bugs me about Oprah is that she was willing to cause bad publicy for a business and get someone fired to push her movie. That is not very lady like. but that's just my rant.
Lurker
0 likes
You so conveniently left out the first portion of your rant...and it was a rant. Loyal serf? Queen Oprah? Don't be silly. Re-read your own bitter words in the beginning of your post and the meanness and sarcasm you spewed. That is what the reaction was directed towards. Also the interchange between "Queen Oprah" and the clerk. Doesn't matter if it was Oprah or anyone else. You stroked it with your own fingers and you own it now.

Gotta work on that backstroke a little harder than that, Scott. You're sounding like a politician now.

The other thing that bugs me about Oprah is that she was willing to cause bad publicy for a business and get someone fired to push her movie. That is not very lady like. but that's just my rant.

Not very ladylike? Really? Not a very gentlemanly rant.
Lurker
0 likes
Sweet Kristind, I understand you are a loyal follower of "Queen" Oprah and she can do no wrong. And yes my thread was sarcasm towards her for using this as a way to promote her movie. You are not going to get me to trash the salesperson for being polite and doing her job. Neither she nor the store used racist remarks, those came from Oprah and got her name and her movie the spotlight which is what she desired. And she ain't no lady, but my being a gentleman keeps me from saying what she really is. But if you can explain why she was willing to make remarks that could do harm to a business (where they sell over price items I might add) and try and get a person fired (the salesperson was so upset that she offered to quit, but she had a good boss who turned her offer down) makes her a good person and a lady I would enjoy hearing it.

Look Oprah buys her audience by giving way gifts to them. The show I enjoyed most (and it was the one time I watched her show all the way thru as I was a guess in the house where the women were watching, she made a statement that there was NO gift (I think she was joking about a car), but the greedy dumb people in her audience went wild and jumped up and down and shouted because in their minds they were getting a free car. She tried to tell them the truth and even looked quite embarrassed, but the fools just kept jumping up and down. I got a good laugh as well as the other guys watching. It showed that mind frame that her viewers are in and that they really don't listen to her. Just as in this case where people didn't listen to the full story and see what she was doing plugging her film at the cost to others. She is Queen Oprah and they are her serfs. They only hear what they want to hear.

And please sweet lovely Kristind, in all fairness, you may call me anything you want, including calling me to dinner, but please don't call me a politican. That is very unlady like.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
so, to sum it up...

Oprah's bad for having too much money. Oprah's bad for giving people extravagant gifts. Oprah's bad cause she doesn't earn her money. Oprah's bad cause she wants people to see her movie. Oprah's bad for expecting customer service. Oprah's bad for wanting to see a purse she liked. Oprah's bad cause someone didn't want to show her the purse. Oprah's bad cause she's on tv. Oprah's bad cause at one time she didn't have any money. Oprah's bad cause fill in the blank. ok, we get it. Oprah's bad because she gives an average of 40 million dollars to charitable orginizations a year (look it up - it may even be more). Oprah's bad cause ______.

there we go. nice and tidy.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by sprite
so, to sum it up...

Oprah's bad for having too much money. Oprah's bad for giving people extravagant gifts. Oprah's bad cause she doesn't earn her money. Oprah's bad cause she wants people to see her movie. Oprah's bad for expecting customer service. Oprah's bad for wanting to see a purse she liked. Oprah's bad cause someone didn't want to show her the purse. Oprah's bad cause she's on tv. Oprah's bad cause at one time she didn't have any money. Oprah's bad cause fill in the blank. ok, we get it. Oprah's bad because she gives an average of 40 million dollars to charitable orginizations a year (look it up - it may even be more). Oprah's bad cause ______.

I'm glad you're finally up to speed.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
so, to sum it up...

Couldn't have said it better myself, Sprite. A nice tidy bow you've put on the discussion.

And Scott, I really have to say how funny it is to watch you label people 'serfs' and bowing to the 'Queen' and such comical shit. God, strike me dead cuz I appreciate Oprah, okay. She's an entertainer for cryin' out loud. One of the more successful entertainers I'd say. So all your 'superior' and 'better than thou' (at least better than Oprah) rants are really great comedy, Scott.

Dinner with a side-stepping, politician-sounding backstroker? I think not.

Unladylike to call a spade a spade? I think not. Ungentlemanly to trash someone and then cry foul....er, maybe I am mistaken. That's not ungentlemanly...that's cowardly.
Lurker
0 likes
Laides I understand you like Oprah and there is nothing wrong with that. She is a very lucky woman, being in the right place at the right time. As a talk show hostess she is pretty good. But, ladies you are missing the point. The bottom line is that she used a false charge against a woman whose only crime was helping her at a store, and yes a very overprice store for people who like to throw their money away, but that is their right. She wanted to push her film so she made racist charges that were complete false. She was willing to hurt another human and a business to make money for herself. You ladies see nothting wrong with that, unless it happens to you, but as long as it happens to someone else who cares, right? I see nothing wrong with someone making an honest living and if they are lucky or if they are hard workers and have funds to spend to buy nice things for themselves and if they find it in themselves to help others, without strings, then I have lots of respect for them.

I like to tease girls, but sometimes you pretty darlings take things so serious and add drama. I guess that is why women have BBF one minute and then want to tear their hair out the next over some foolish act.

And I still feel that I was right in what I said about the talk show hostess. It was not ladylike what she did. But she did get her movie on the news more than others, had people talking about the movie and her and it has worked. Sometimes it really pays to stab people in the back to get ahead. (Now I'm going to hear about that).

And when I was making fun of her giving gifts, it was not HER that I was joking about, but the people who came to her show and were so greedy, for that seemed to be the main reason they go, that even when the talk show hostess tried to explain to them there was no gift, they would not listen. It seems to be a thing about the people who worship the Queen not listening. And by the way I am not the one who first called her Queen of Television. Complain to the people on TV and the mags.

And guys, a word of warning. Never talk bad about some entertainer or politician that women adore no matter what that person may do. It is better to live in a world of "reality show type fantasy" then try to point out facts. You will never make points with the ladies.