Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

last reply
16 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
October is Breast cancer awareness Month. Is there anything that you do in your community to help find a cure for Breast cancer? Do you do a walk? Or do you donate a buck here and there. Do you spread the word about breast cancer?

What do you do for Breast cancer awareness?

Every year, since I turned 9, I would always do the walk with my mom, who was at the time, a survivor of breast cancer. We would hand and hand and do the walk. This year, if I chose to do it, I will walk it alone, without my mom.

I also donate as much money as I can for breast cancer awareness , in hopes that one day, there will be a cure for breast cancer.

So what do you do for breast cancer awareness month?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have always donated money towards Breast Cancer, but this October means so much more to me than usual. My Mother was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer on Monday, told me on Tuesday, then had a Mastectomy and her Lymph glands removed on Wednesday.

So this October, whether I like it or not, and it's not, I am very aware of Breast Cancer and will do what ever I can do and more.
Miss Sassy Pants
0 likes
I do the walk locally and donate money in my grandmas memory.

Lurker
0 likes
We organize run to support and raise a fund to donate to those who need money for operation. We also sell Baller bands "icancervive" that come's with different colors(each color represent a cancer disease)

This month as much as possible we not only focus on supporting and helping people with breast cancer but also all cancer patients.
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
I normally walk for hospice but this year it looks like I won't be able to...
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
I have a few friends that have gone through cancer o f different forms. I am planning to do a bike ride for it maybe not this year but definitely going to be next year
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by bikebum1975
I have a few friends that have gone through cancer o f different forms. I am planning to do a bike ride for it maybe not this year but definitely going to be next year

Next year, you will bike it, I will run it baby. Think you can manage to keep up?

I truly want to do the relay for life...I just am unsure if I will, not physically, just in the emotional sense. My work, actively participates in this charity, so I am sure I will be asked to promote all of our gifts for the month.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
My wife and I will be attending a fund raising Ball next week. In fact we just got back from a 6 hour trip to the shops trying to find her a new dress. No luck with the dress, but I have new shoes, phone and a pink tie so bright that I will be the only one in the room safe from being blinded by it!
If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TearsOfAnAngel
Quote by bikebum1975

Next year, you will bike it, I will run it baby. Think you can manage to keep up?

I truly want to do the relay for life...I just am unsure if I will, not physically, just in the emotional sense. My work, actively participates in this charity, so I am sure I will be asked to promote all of our gifts for the month.

Trust me baby we will train together you will be ready for it love.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Our local newspaper sponsors a program which raises money for free mammograms in November. It starts Oct 13 With Real Men Wear Pink day, and on the fifteenth the entire paper will be published in pink to raise awareness of breast cancer. There are several events to raise money, and in November there will be a free mammogram day at both local hospitals and the diagnostics center. The local University volleyball team will be raising money all month, and will honor breast cancer survivors in it's final home match. The bear is wearing pink and having a pink stripe in his fur, and dancing of course. Not running this year, but sponsoring, the bear is too tired to run.

"Happiness is doing it rotten your own way."Isaac Asimov (1994)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by standingbear
Our local newspaper sponsors a program which raises money for free mammograms in November. It starts Oct 13 With Real Men Wear Pink day, and on the fifteenth the entire paper will be published in pink to raise awareness of breast cancer. There are several events to raise money, and in November there will be a free mammogram day at both local hospitals and the diagnostics center. The local University volleyball team will be raising money all month, and will honor breast cancer survivors in it's final home match. The bear is wearing pink and having a pink stripe in his fur, and dancing of course. Not running this year, but sponsoring, the bear is too tired to run.

Sponsoring is more than enough. Giving the slightest bit of help to finding a cure can help save someone's life, and save a family from years of heart-ache. People think, that because they can't donate hundrads of dollars to find a cure that they are not helping, but the smallest donation, helps. Even if you can't donate money, you can help, by Spreading the word. It helps a Lot.

Great Job bear.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There working on cures for cancer every day. We just have to be patient for a little longer, but lots of research is happening as I write this.

Do the walks, anything to get money for research, directly to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. Their doing wonderful things there. Do whatever it takes.
I usually donate money to Breast Cancer Awarness, but always check with the state to see how much they actually get. Lots of charties get so much overhead, that the charty only gets cents on the dollar. Which I think is a crime.

By the way, I got an email from my cousin, her mother my Aunt was diagnosed on Thursday, and they are going to take her breast off Monday. Hopefull and with prayer they will get it all.
Well that's just my opinion, sorry if you don't like.

BigDaddyRich
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BigDaddyRich
There working on cures for cancer every day. We just have to be patient for a little longer, but lots of research is happening as I write this.

Do the walks, anything to get money for research, directly to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. Their doing wonderful things there. Do whatever it takes.
I usually donate money to Breast Cancer Awarness, but always check with the state to see how much they actually get. Lots of charties get so much overhead, that the charty only gets cents on the dollar. Which I think is a crime.

By the way, I got an email from my cousin, her mother my Aunt was diagnosed on Thursday, and they are going to take her breast off Monday. Hopefull and with prayer they will get it all.

I'll be thinking of you and your family during this time. Last year my mom had to go through the same process. Its a scary one, but it kept my mom going for a bit longer than the doctors thought it would.

I will be doing the walk this year, my friend's from work are going to do it with me. I wear the Angel pink pendent at work, one of those braclets to support breast cancer, and I have some clothes to support the cause.
Lurker
0 likes
My mum had a double mastectomy when she was in her fifties, I lost my dad to Cancer when he was 56 and my mum just a few years back due to cancer returning.

I wish I knew of more in my area that I could do for breast cancer awareness. I was the first man in the area that I know of to buy and wear a pink ribbon with pride so that I could spread the word and spread awareness my self.

She was very brave and took the whole process very well with as much support as I could give her. I know that it happens to women who are much more deeply affected emotionally and I think it is one of the best causes ever.

Lend your support pleas everyone and my sincere heartfelt love goes out to not only those directly, but also indirectly affected by this.

If everybody did something then maybe we could find a way of preventing such a heart wrenching condition.

To everybody who already is involved in any way then you are truly wonderful people. Much like most of the people on her in total.

I am sending as much love as possible to one member and her mum on here in particular. You know who you are beautiful x
Lurker
0 likes
It's also domestic violence awareness month. I'm sure there's been a lot of people affected from that as well.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
It's also domestic violence awareness month. I'm sure there's been a lot of people affected from that as well.

I agree Chef....There is a Lot of awarenesses this Month.
Lurker
0 likes
Something we all agree on....