No sex after 40.. Really Miley?

last reply
48 replies
4.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't delve into the younger mind set as this changes constantly thank god. Its a phase the kid is going through perhaps she'll pay to get some decent advice on life in general instead of focusing on one part of it, that is as important in your youth as it is as you age.
Don't get me wrong the aged or mature are in need to reassess their own sexual needs as well, some are just way more comfortable with it than others and succeed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No sex after 40, Miley??? Well shows what you know! ROTFLMAO!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do love her voice but her words prove how much young people do not understand or know. No offense to those who are young, I can remember back and fully realize how far I have come...

Master Johnathan I love your comment
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I read the title I thought it meant a number not an age and thought "go girl". It reminded me of the Mae West quote "I feel like a million but I'll take them one at a time".
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
1. It's Miley Cyrus.

2. She doesn't speak for the younger generation.

3. It's Miley Cyrus.

4. She doesn't believe in half the shit she says. If you compare past interviews with recent ones, they're quite contradictory. She says things that suit her image at the time. When she's done exploiting/making a mockery of urban culture, she'll be singing a different tune.

5. Seriously...it's Miley Cyrus.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I don't think she was being all that serious with the comment based on what I saw of the interview.

I think the gist of what she was getting at is that she's going to be provocative and push her sexuality in a public way while she's in her prime. A twenty year old doing what she does looks far different than a forty year old putting herself out there in the same way. That's not to say that you *literally* stop having sex or being kinky past a certain age, but I think you tend to tone yourself down more as far as your public face goes. It's similar to that whole phraseology of "isn't she a little too old to be doing that or wearing that?" based on what we perceive age-appropriate priorities to be. I think Miley is just capitalizing on the raunch because she's the right age to be doing it and getting away with it before that whole shift to a 'mature artist' that will probably occur down the line. I think that was what she meant in the interview when he's asking her about why the sex-thing is such a big part of her persona or the way she's expressing herself... and she was just being cheeky about it or looking to push buttons.

I'm glad someone started a thread about her though. I'm constantly amazed at how much backlash this girl gets over her performances or her music videos. I can only assume it's because of her Hannah Montana origins that she's being crucified for everything she does when there have been endless provocative and sexually over-the-top performers before her in decades past. From what I've seen, she's quite deliberate with everything she does and comes off as quite intelligent and in control of the direction of her career.
Lurker
0 likes
The entertainment industry is a very hard and harsh world. This girl was a billion dollar industry and just think about how many people actually probably cared about her well being? She was a product. No childhood. No slumber parties with friends. Give her a break. She says silly things to get attention because as a child star she was the center of attention. Now? Not so much. So she says outlandish things to get some, because without the attention...who is she?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think that was to be taken literally. She means she probably wont be doing what she is doing now when she is 40. Meaning she will tone down her lifestyle. I doubt she has really considered what she will be doing after 40.

While I am getting a little tired of Miley, I also think she is a breath of fresh air too. I think she started to use her sexuality to escape the Hannah Montana little good girl image. Then she realized how big that could make her. She doesn't conform to the norm. I know that is easy to do when you are worth more than $150 Million, she can afford to take risks.

But I laugh when I read that Miley is heading for a meltdown like Britney Spears or Amanda Bynes. That is so ridiculous. Everything she does is well thought out to take advantage of the situation. She is a very intelligent business savoy young lady and I am sure she has advisors helping her along the way. She is the Madonna of her generation, she uses what she has to succeed!
0 likes
I had to laugh at that because when I'm 40 while be having tons of sex
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
well not sure if she meant it or not. i do think she is much smarter then she shows just for business regards. i donot think she will go down the road of other child stars from the disney place. but im under 40 and do not plan to stop having sex then or anytime after 40,50 hell even 60 hahaha. hope hubby can keep up smile
my newest :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The second you hit 40 it stops. People are all just like "Well that's enough of that, going to do something else for the rest of my life now, maybe collect stamps..."biggrin
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
she's 20 - when i was 20, i probably did and said a lot of the same stuff (just had less money and fame to do it with). smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I don't think she was being all that serious with the comment based on what I saw of the interview.

I think the gist of what she was getting at is that she's going to be provocative and push her sexuality in a public way while she's in her prime. A twenty year old doing what she does looks far different than a forty year old putting herself out there in the same way. That's not to say that you *literally* stop having sex or being kinky past a certain age, but I think you tend to tone yourself down more as far as your public face goes. It's similar to that whole phraseology of "isn't she a little too old to be doing that or wearing that?" based on what we perceive age-appropriate priorities to be. I think Miley is just capitalizing on the raunch because she's the right age to be doing it and getting away with it before that whole shift to a 'mature artist' that will probably occur down the line. I think that was what she meant in the interview when he's asking her about why the sex-thing is such a big part of her persona or the way she's expressing herself... and she was just being cheeky about it or looking to push buttons.

I'm glad someone started a thread about her though. I'm constantly amazed at how much backlash this girl gets over her performances or her music videos. I can only assume it's because of her Hannah Montana origins that she's being crucified for everything she does when there have been endless provocative and sexually over-the-top performers before her in decades past. From what I've seen, she's quite deliberate with everything she does and comes off as quite intelligent and in control of the direction of her career.

I actually agree with most of this. She's just another artist going for shock value. Her music isn't actually all that bad. And because of the whole Hannah Montana thing, she's always gonna be seen as someone rebelling and trying to shed a good girl image. If she'd started out at 18 doing the same exact thing, she'd be accepted much easier...like Ke$ha. I think the even bigger issue with Miley is that she captured the younger generations as a good girl and now they're still captivated, but by a much different Miley...and that Miley terrifies parents.

I know she does everything with a purpose. I've always understood that much. Case in point, her VMA performance. It wasn't supposed to be good performance-wise. While she had our attention, she wanted to do as many shocking things as she could to really drive her point, which is that she's gonna continue to do whatever the fuck she wants. I think the whole 40 year old comment in that interview was just another middle finger to the older generations that are coming down on her the hardest.

There are some things she does that I just can't come to terms with, and it has nothing to do with how provocative/raunchy she's being. But that's another argument.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by foxjack
The second you hit 40 it stops. People are all just like "Well that's enough of that, going to do something else for the rest of my life now, maybe collect stamps..."biggrin

Agree wholeheartedly! Now...where can I find one of those stylish fanny packs?

0 likes
Checks birth certificate. Yep, over 40.

Had sex since crossing that line? Yep. QUite a few times.

Thought about, wrote about, fantasized about sex since crossing that line? Yep, even more than I've had it.

Miley's wrong. She's young. Hopefully she'll wizen up as she ages and picks up more experience. She actually has a decent voice and I'd love to hear her just focus on the music without all the antics and hype.
Lurker
0 likes
Not to mention her father wore a mullet much too long...that is enough to screw up a child.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NickiC
The entertainment industry is a very hard and harsh world. This girl was a billion dollar industry and just think about how many people actually probably cared about her well being? She was a product. No childhood. No slumber parties with friends. Give her a break. She says silly things to get attention because as a child star she was the center of attention. Now? Not so much. So she says outlandish things to get some, because without the attention...who is she?

Stated very well, better than my first attempt...
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
Seriously...it's Miley Cyrus.

Agreed! She isn't really somebody I look to for sexual education nor do I think that her response is intelligent.

Miley may think that people stop being sexual at fourty but she doesn't speak for every young adult in their twenties and suggesting that her opinions are the norm would be insulting those of us who can think for ourselves. I mean hey, Madonna is still going and she is half cremated by now haha.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Lurker
0 likes
I actually had a young man on this site tell me I couldn't be my stated age, because women that age do not have sexual desires. Live and learn, young ones.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Tranquil
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/9255948/Miley-Cyrus-Sex-stops-at-40

How do you feel about the younger generation and their idea's on sex.

And you young ones (Under 40) whats your take on the older generation in regards to sex?

I was just musing the other day that I really don't consider myself to be middle aged and probably never will.

In Miley's case I think the cause of her 'issues' has probably got rather more to do with wanting to escape the suffocating clutches of Disney corp and their rather 1950s corporate outlook.

The child stars on Nickelodeon seem to (mostly) handle the transition to normal live rather better than the Disney kids do when they grow up. Well apart from poor Amanda who really just needs a good hug.

I can't quite see Miranda Crosgrove feeling the need to do Twerking.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In my psychology class last year we were on a chapter about sex (Freud) etc, and we were talking about if older people have sex and everyone my age is like super disrespectful about older people. They basically sounded like Miley Cyrus. Everyone thought it was so shocking that people 50+ still have sex and are still physically able to.

She definitely knows how to get attention though. The spotlight has been on her for going on a couple months now. If that's how she wants to gain fame and followers then let her do it.
Lurker
0 likes
Please God tell me it is not true, I am 39 and I have no intention of even slowing down. I am just coming into my own sexuality as a woman. Can't stop now sad
Evolving Writer
0 likes
I'm 50 now but I must admit when I was a teen I thought 30 was over the hill.

My grandparents had sex into their mid 80's and both enjoyed it immensely.

I must say it continues to get better for me as I get older because I continue to try new things.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm a bit afraid for my fiance when I hit 40 because I'm already a sex fiend, I don't know what he's going to do when I hit my pique. I'm looking forward to sex at and after 40. I've heard some great things.
Lurker
0 likes
Well, after all SHE NEVER MET ME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!! Sorry, I just thought that would be funny. ;)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I've past 40, and I'm having more sex, and better sex ( I would prefer to call it love making ) then I've ever had.
As you get older, I believe you open up new doors through experience.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by suezq
I actually had a young man on this site tell me I couldn't be my stated age, because women that age do not have sexual desires. Live and learn, young ones.

Its a known fact adults can make love to the day they die. Im 43 and believe my desires have increased with age . Desire is a mind-set, one can whish to calm it down or fire it up.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by stockingluvr
I'm 50 now but I must admit when I was a teen I thought 30 was over the hill.

My grandparents had sex into their mid 80's and both enjoyed it immensely.

I must say it continues to get better for me as I get older because I continue to try new things.

I totally agree, I've been studying sexual kung fu for the last 6 months, and this has opened my eyes, and made myself a better and more appreciated lover.
When I was younger I wouldn't have even consider it.
What I'm trying to say is, my sex life has been nothing but better after 40.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Dragon_Lily
Please God tell me it is not true, I am 39 and I have no intention of even slowing down. I am just coming into my own sexuality as a woman. Can't stop now sad

Don't panic. It only gets better