Musicians amongst us, show yourselves!

last reply
45 replies
4.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
Saxophone, guitar, bass guitar, and banjo.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Music has played such a huge role in my life. My grandmother taught me piano, it's one of the few things besides cooking we bonded over. I used to play guitar. My mom has a beautiful voice that she rarely lets anyone besides me and my dad hear, and I always find myself singing along with her. I can carry a tune on a good day...sometimes. My dad was a music minor in college, and he has a small collection of instruments (most of them older than me) that I mess around with from time to time, less so now that I don't live with them anymore...but definitely when I'm home for a visit.

But things happen, and things change. I sort of found myself in a place where I felt I wanted to give it all up, so I did. I've thought of going back. Not too sure if I can. I'd like to be able to...someday. I love music.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I started off on violin and clarinet(age 6/7) then moved onto piano briefly(age 9) Then again onto bass(13), and traded violin for double bass. Then taught myself drums at the age of 15.

One woman band almost!:P
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Music freak pur sang

I have my own recording studio where I currently compose music
for the TV industry.

I played in several rock/metal bands, toured around Europe,
even have been a D.J on the local radio and dance events
( what a combination right ? )

Classical trained guitarist, bass, drums and keys.

My style is very diverse.
Classical mixed with Vai and Satriani mixed with Prog-elements mixed with.... whatever.

It's a bit strange for me to tell this.
Not many people in my personal ( and business ) life know that I love to write erotic stories.
To be honest.... no-one knows :-)
Lurker
0 likes
I have been playing guitar and piano since i was about 6 years old, since then i have expanded my knowledge to a whole range of instruments including: Violin, Bango, Trumpet, Percussion Instruments, and most recently the saxophone. My style is very much a modern country style, however i do enjoy classical and celtic music as well.
Lurker
0 likes
Sadly, just guitar. I've tried drums, playing Bass too, but I keep coming back to my guitar.
Lurker
0 likes
Drummer.... when I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan.... I knew that's what I wanted to do! Started drum lessons in the 5th grade! Was in my 1st band and played my 1st gig at 13. Played in rock N Blues bands till 2000. It was a blast!

Lurker
0 likes
I'm a fairly good singer, play the piano, guitar (mostly acoustic at the moment) violin, drums, and the saxophone. None of them terribly well though i suppose i play my guitar the most. I also just picked up an electric violin that i'm excited about. and a banjo that i'm excited to start playing around with
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Does karaoke count ? I sing a mean Beast of Burden
Lurker
0 likes
I am a trained bass vocalist and sing in a choral group, a choir, and solo. I also have sung solo at charity concerts, on the radio, and in many foreign countries.
Done this for almost 20 years now.
Lurker
0 likes
acoustic and electric guitar since I was young - still not great though lol, but now i know what I'm doing today. pretty good singer as well
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Guitar here! A 1965 Fender Tele for anyone who cares about such things.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Leiza...keyboards....vocails. jazz..top 40 ....80,90,2000....12 years pro exp...penn music grad ..
Lurker
0 likes
piano and guitar
Lurker
0 likes
My first instrument was an accordion. Then in 1969, at age 11, I found the guitar. I was influenced by so many bands that are now considered "Classic Rock." Free, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton, Jethro Tull, Janis Joplin, Bad Company, almost everyone who performed at Woodstock...the list can go on. At age 14 I joined a band as the bassist. It was a great time and playing with others helped improve my playing immensely.

Fast forward to today. Until recently I played in a blues rock band. We made three CDs of original music and played a mix of originals and covers when we performed. I had to step out of the band for a variety of reasons, but lack of love for music was not one of them. I'm confident I'll get with other musicians and be out there performing soon.

Great topic!
Lurker
0 likes
Drums at fourteen, then took up piano, to get late breakfasts at school, lol. After school my parents bought a pub, no piano, lost interest. Later - much later bought a keyboard, and tried to renew my interest. Didn't happen, so tenor sax after that, which I love, and I don't play anything much these days. I found writing, normal stuff, then sites like LS - WOW. Now I need Nicola to tell me how to find more hours in the day, so I can write AND play music