Movie Monologues

last reply
22 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
What are some of the movie monologues or phrase(s) that stayed with you long after you saw the film??
Lurker
0 likes
From Blade Runner

Lurker
0 likes

I knew then what I never wanted.
Lurker
0 likes
I always really loved Al Pacino's speech here... Very rousing.

Lurker
0 likes
OK, this is off topic, but I wouldn't know where to post it...

It's BRILLIANT!!

The Linebacker
0 likes
Robert Duvall as Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore in Apocolypse Now:
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?

Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. (he kneels)
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like.. (pausing and sniffing up at the air)
Kilgore: Victory. Someday this war's gonna end.
Kilgore: (after the Red Team gunship knocks out a heavy artillery unit) Outstanding, Red Team, outstanding! Get you a case of beer for that one.

Kilgore: Lieutenant, bomb that tree line about 100 yards back! Give me some room to breathe!

Kilgore: What the hell do you know about surfing? You're from goddamned New Jersey.

Kilgore: Don't these people ever give up?

Kilgore: Fucking savages!

Kilgore: Unass that shit, get it out of here.

Kilgore: Any man brave enough to fight with his guts strapped on him can drink from my canteen anyday.

Willard: Are you crazy God damnit? Don't you think its a little risky for some R&R?
Kilgore: If I say its safe to surf this beach Captain, then its safe to surf this beach. I mean I'm not afraid to surf this place, I'll surf this whole fucking place!

Kilgore: How're you feeling, Jimmy?
Door Gunner: Like a mean motherfucker, sir!

Lurker
0 likes
i couldnt find the movie clip but this is from Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring...

Galadriel..

In place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen
Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn
Treacherous as the sea
Stronger than the Foundations of the Earth
All shall love me and despair

somehow i identify with this ;)
Lurker
0 likes
We're gonna need a bigger boat.
Lurker
0 likes
I can't believe I never put this one first!!

I LOVE this!

Tommy: Doesn't it make you proud to be Scottish?

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!
Lurker
0 likes
That was funny as hell!
Lurker
0 likes
Noo-ku-lar Combat

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shotgun011
-

That's a very short monologue, Shot...

My bad - you were updating!!

Lurker
0 likes
Shoot! A fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff

Lurker
0 likes

excuse the captions, I couldn't embed the other choices.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

This one always makes me smile smile
Ehhhhh, What's up Doc?
Lurker
0 likes
Ha, these are some amazing choices huh?

Another of my favourites is this one...

(I had real difficulty finding a clip that I could actually embed here...)

Ezekiel 25:17
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and a finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Lurker
0 likes
OK, this is AWESOME, but if I post this, I have to post the Richard Burton one too (which I will after this)

Lurker
0 likes
OK, this totally gives me goosebumps... Man, what a voice (and I know it's not technically a movie, but it was made into one - this is WAY better though IMHO)

Lurker
0 likes
And to the dust we shall return

http://youtu.be/DHRwo48twyE

Biker: That cats been coming in here for 2 years... its got more right to be here than you.

Eli: I don't want any trouble

Biker: Well thats too bad...

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I hope it's not a no-no to bump an old thread..

Terry Malloy played by Marlon Brando in "On The Waterfront" -

"I coulda had class, I could have been a condendah"..

Tell me, who was it you left me for? Was it Laszlo, or were there others in between? Or - aren't you the kind that tells?