Let's Talk About Dreams

last reply
35 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have always had a haunting,recurring dream of abject loss..of some thing precious.. since my youth.. (Teens),I would wake up in cold sweat and feel immensely relieved that It was only a dream
But sadly it turned into real loss about 5 years ago.. I dont know whether it was/is premonition? or an indication of things which did happen/go wrong? I have no idea of what to think?
it is TOO painful to go into details.. havent recovered even after 5 years.. wont ever recover as long as I live...
Guess what.... I havent had that dream for the past 5 years.... ;(
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
funny thing is, we usually have several dreams a night. but we usually only remember one or two. And the best time to remember these dreams are right after you wake up. Otherwise, it's lost and we have to live in reality...... crap
Lurker
0 likes
Every once in awhile I will have the same vivid nightmare I had as a child ...even at 29 it freaks me out! Most of my dreams I tend to just watch myself (kinda like watching a movie) but this vivid nightmare is as if I am living the nightmare
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How much do you remember your dream(s) when you wake? Can you remember more than one?

i normally can remember my dream or dreams i tend to only have one or two a night, i dont sleep for a very long period of time. i remember everything from smells to colors to fine details. I have been in a case study at two different universities for fun to see what was up with my head smile

Have you ever had the same dream/nightmare repeatedly in your life?

yes, i have had three reaccuring nightmares....they werent that bad and there is no reason why they pop back up every once in while, but ive had them so many times that it is like watching a movie

For the writers of Lush, do you ever keep a journal by your bed for when you immediately wake up from a dream to jot down any story ideas?

i keep a journal, to write and draw out dreams, but not so much for lush just for my own sanity. I have lots of dejavu dreams and others that have come to pass...so yeah its just so i can pick it up and show people a month later that i saw that happen to you...they always get kicks out of it :)

What's the best/worst dream?

when i dreamed of a person the grew more vivid over time, to the point i drew him out a few years later....needless to say, he has a very remarkable look of my husband heart
my newest :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by TheSexyWriter
A repeating nightmare that I have when I'm really stressed or emotional involves my house being haunted by a dark, grey entity. I can always distinguish when I'm having the nightmare because I can never turn on lights in the dream--no light switch works. On top of that the whole scenario has a "dark" feeling over it, like I'm watching everything through a thick screen door.

That is such an excellent way of stating what happened in your dream. I have the same type of dream myself and can never escape the presence as it comes over me. I try to run but that feelings surrounds me, encompassing me in its darkness. Or I have the feeling of being watched and I can see the entity traveling from one room to another as it awaits me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My dream began I knew I was asleep and enjoying the floating sensation ... then my cell phone rings its Mister him saying "Hi Lara, guess what I'm bringing home?" my response "I have no idea?" ... "Lara, I just spent a 100?" even more confused "what 100, what?" ... "100k on a boat excited hun?" Fucking terrified I bolted straight up and smacked him in his arm .... startled "what the hell, Lara" light switched on me sitting on his hips "you are not to spend 100k on a fucking boat, got it!" now he was confused "its not for us its for Murray ... fuck you even his wife doesn't know. How the hell did you find out!" ... somewhat apologetic and wide awake how uncanny is that! Murray never got that boat, he thought he would wear a frying pan.

Others have been, more premonitions slight twist on what may happen. I don't read too much into them at least I try not too. Just let things unfold where there is certainty.