Kardashians

last reply
19 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have never found anyone who will admit they watch the stupid fake reality shows of the kardashians. Those people are very stupid, have no talent, and that includes sex and yet their shows keep running. There must be some people who watch them. If there is anyone on this site could you please explain why you do watch them? Like all "reality" shows, they have a script, film crew, edit and reshoot and have stand ins, etc. There really isn't any story line, just these big ass ugly girls trying to ham it up. I am just curious.

Also is there anyone who believes that any reality shows, including most of the game shows, are real? Even Survivor in its first year admitted it was staged and that stand ins and reshot scenes were done. And yet people still believe that Duck People, etc. are real. Please explain to us poor fools why?
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Most reality shows are semi-faked or completely faked to a large degree. The competition shows are less faked - but yeah - stuff like Kardashians, The Bachelor and those types of 'drama-fest' shows are definitely heavily scripted.

Reality TV is just improv-style sitcom drama to a large extent, but that doesn't mean that it's any less entertaining than a show that's completely pre-scripted. If you maintain perspective, it can be fun. If someone is going to hyperventilate because that seemingly sincere guy on The Bachelorette has 'a girlfriend' and is going to break the heart of the lead or that OMG, Kim K. just lost her baby kitten in some nightclub in Miami and 'will she ever find her' then they need to step away from the TV.

I'll watch some just for entertainment value and because the dialogue is typically more 'off the cuff' and real. And I KNOW I will incur the wrath of most people here when I admit that on occasion I've watched and enjoyed the Kardashians. They actually do have decent story lines running through the episodes and yes, it's flakey entertainment, but then again so is most of television. It's just shallow fun - same reason people pick up the crapazines like USWeekly, Star, OK and InTouch when they're at the check-out counter or sitting at the hair dresser - a bit of escapism and to check out the latest trends.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I have to admit that I have occasionally watched a 'reality tv' show. But when I do it is more likely to be Ax men, Swamp People or Deadliest Catch. I have caught my wife watching The Kardashians. I wish that some of the guys like Steve-o from Jackass would show up and pull a raunchy stunt on the Karsdashians.

All of those shows are scripted to a great extent. Watch for all the writers listed in the credits. Many times the show stars are manipulated by the producers into doing what they do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Who gives a crap
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Who gives a crap
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I watch reality TV for the entertainment factor. I do enjoy watching the Kardashians for the craziness and drama-filled histrionics.

If I was approached to be on a reality show, I would have to decline, as my real life is boring at times.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
I agree that these programs are for fun and not to be taken for real. Most, if not all, seem to be written by 10 year olds and the money they spend on them could pay some good actors and writers to put on shows that are real entertainment.

I remember watching the Bachelor show once at someones house where the handsome hero chose the woman of his dreams and the loser got in a large black car and it was shown going slowly down a moutain road and then the sceen switched to the inside of the car where the heartbroken loser was pouring her heart out, tears running down her face (OK I didn't really see tears). Then the sceen went back to the sight of the car going down the lonesome moutain road. I started laughting and my friends wife asked what was so funny and I told her the next time they show the woman inside the car look out the back window.

When they went back to her saying how much she loved him and how her heart was broken her husband started to laugh. Looking behind her thru the window was a street sceen with cars and buidling and people. And it was a poorly made sceen as it was a fake screen behind her and when next I saw my friends wife I asked her if it had happened again. She laughted and said no the next time they had the window blacked out so you couldn't see behind the car.

Maybe it is me and I'm taking it as real, that the big butt Kardashians act as if they are for real outside the show. Most likely, like the wedding and the baby, they are putting on a big joke to get viewers. Because if they are really like that than she will make a terrible mother and each make a terrible wife.

Now what would happen if one of the Duck People married a Kardashian? Or they go on that wife swap show and trade one to a Gator People.

But like krb says "Who gives a crap?" As long as they make us laugh at them.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Is it just me that keeps getting confused between Kardashians and Cardassians?

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by ScottFord
I agree that these programs are for fun and not to be taken for real. Most, if not all, seem to be written by 10 year olds and the money they spend on them could pay some good actors and writers to put on shows that are real entertainment.

I remember watching the Bachelor show once at someones house where the handsome hero chose the woman of his dreams and the loser got in a large black car and it was shown going slowly down a moutain road and then the sceen switched to the inside of the car where the heartbroken loser was pouring her heart out, tears running down her face (OK I didn't really see tears). Then the sceen went back to the sight of the car going down the lonesome moutain road. I started laughting and my friends wife asked what was so funny and I told her the next time they show the woman inside the car look out the back window.

When they went back to her saying how much she loved him and how her heart was broken her husband started to laugh. Looking behind her thru the window was a street sceen with cars and buidling and people. And it was a poorly made sceen as it was a fake screen behind her and when next I saw my friends wife I asked her if it had happened again. She laughted and said no the next time they had the window blacked out so you couldn't see behind the car.

On The Bachelor it's mostly about temporarily brainwashing people into unnaturally falling for the lead hero/heroine by trapping them in a mansion with no access to the outside world and putting them on overblown dream dates while producers feed them info about how the lead is really into them when really they couldn't care less. Most people go on that show to kick-start their careers or get notoriety but a few actually trick themselves into falling for the person the show is based around. Then you strip away the sunset vista champagne dinners and flying around the world adventures and get back to real life and realize you have nothing in common with the person and aren't even that into them.

Those tragic limo exits are heavily edited which is why they drive the limo around for hours and hours until they get what they want at some point - which is tears. I heard with one contestant they got the person to start tearing up talking about the recent death of their grandpa and then in the show it was edited to look like the person was crying because they were rejected by the lead.

The show is partly real, partly trickster. Probably 80% of the people that go on it are looking for fame - not love. The few marriages it's produced were people that went on the show - found a mate - and then left and faded back to obscurity - rejecting the post-show $$ fame-whore lure to roll out on Dancing with the Stars, come out with beauty product lines or go into short-lived hosting and assorted TV gigs. Rare indeed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
TV is mainly so execrable nowadays that I only watch it when visiting someone and they have it on. To me most of it is like watching paint dry - like going to several people's houses to watch them compete in cooking a meal (get a life) or here we are in the country which of these 3 houses do we like? (a great weight is pressing down on my chest and I'm sliding out of my chair) or let's cover these two brain dead twins in fake suntan and then hose it off it'll be so funny (really?) or this person has had sex with their great grandmother's lover and is being confronted by their angry betrayed partner who has had an orgy with the Manchester United soccer team in retaliation, (please). Longing for shows like Fools and Horses, Porridge, Steptoe and Son and any other production that doesn't rely on the cheapo technique of using the public. I know there are some decent shows Black Books was one but they are the exception rather than the norm.
Lurker
0 likes
I get just 2 channels on my TV. Cool TV (music) and ME TV (Old shows of the late 50s thru the 70s).

I watched the Survivor Show the first year it came out and that was pretty good. In subsequent shows it just went downhill for me and rather than waste an hour of my life watching crap I did other stuff.

Since I could give a rats ass about the so called Hollyweird crowd and their total bull shit lives+the BS shows HW has come out with in the last few years I don't watch their CRAP.

I prefer movies and shows like Mythbusters, comedy like Seinfeld or Jeff Foxworthy and Redneck Humor. Dirty Jobs, pretty much anything with R Lee Ermey in it and channels like Sci-Fi or SPIKE is preferable for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Another family on a slippery slope
Lurker
0 likes
Just the name Kardashian turns me off.
Lurker
0 likes
I started out watching the Kardashians when they first came on,but they are not interesting to me.I did love Basketball wifes but all they seem to do is drink,gossip,and fight.That gets old after a while.I do still enjoy Love and Hip Hop Atlanta though.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by adagio_sabadicus
Another family on a slippery slope

Indeed .... as Kris & Bruce just announced they've split!

At least they've loaded up their bank accounts .... now maybe they will go away!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Kim knows how to stay in the spotlight.

I just saw her post-baby-body pic that she tweeted out after all the non-stop hate and criticism raining down on her during her pregnancy for not being the more Hollywood-acceptable 'skinny girl with a beach-ball belly' (ps. why do people think it's ok to criticize pregnancy weight? That always annoys me).

Now - my sad little white-girl booty can never aspire to these kinds of proportions, but I think she looks fantastic.

Lurker
0 likes
I like Shahs of Sunset....Millionaire Matchmaker..
Mtv'sThe Real Worlds and Challenge shows..
Pitboss with Shorty Rossi
Lurker
0 likes
I just wish this whole dam family would just go away. I am tired of hearing about them and am glad Bruce Jenner is probably finally waking up with this group.
Lurker
0 likes
wish they would leave the whole freaking planet . that is all..

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Is it just me that keeps getting confused between Kardashians and Cardassians?

[img][/img]

Lol Trekkie ;)
0 likes
well someone is watching and buying their stuff

they are laughing all the way to the bank

say what you want about kris j

she makes BANK for her family

and you cannot be DUMB and do that

do I like them..i don't care either way..neither like nor dislike

but I always RESPECT business people