Is it just me?

last reply
9 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Is it just me, or is it hard to be social on this site as a male who isn't 6ft, ripped and hung like an elephant?
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Absolutely not.....

I have always found if you tell the truth and are not pushy or rude you can meet the loveliest people.

Try not to always want to whisper people and cyber people. Just try to get to know people and be yourself.

I mean anybody can say they are hung like a horse. I mean not every man is ripped with a hot body and a model face.

I have always said its not the quantity of people you meet here but the quality of who you may meet.

Hope that helps...

xo
Lurker
0 likes
Not at all.

Just be yourself and it's easiest to start as friends and go from there.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I forgot to add, shit at small talk and shy lol. It seems like if you are either a woman or a writer you get into the site well :P
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Well if anyone wants add me for whatever.
Convict
0 likes
You have been here for 18 months and you're asking this question now? Have you tried going into the chat rooms to make friends? Tried sending friend requests yourself? Maybe you could try to stop assuming everyone here is shallow enough to only want someone who looks like a model? Have a bit of faith in yourself. ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magik
Is it just me, or is it hard to be social on this site as a male who isn't 6ft, ripped and hung like an elephant?

To an extent I know what you're saying. It seems that the most popular people on this site are woman (the majority of which by the way aren't even interested in men haha) or very good looking men.

My advice to you would be to go to them rather than letting them come to you, and don't force yourself upon people. Visit the chat rooms every so often and you'll soon make friends smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Be polite, friendly and real (really the last is key). You will need to approach people, take the plunge in the chat room and say hello to random people yes you will talk to people where it doesn't click ... however, you will also meet and interact with people that challenge your mind ... and develop friends (I am not 6' ... and sadly not ripped either unless you count my ripped tee-shirt I wear to bed, as for being hung like an elephant that would be freakish ... and get you on TV)

A few ideas:

Talk to people in chat

When you read a story thank the author say what you liked about it

If there is someone here that posts and you really connect to what they say, write then and thank them and explain why you are writing

and you know .. sometimes they write back
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by JohnSmith10

To an extent I know what you're saying. It seems that the most popular people on this site are woman (the majority of which by the way aren't even interested in men haha) or very good looking men.

My advice to you would be to go to them rather than letting them come to you, and don't force yourself upon people. Visit the chat rooms every so often and you'll soon make friends smile

This is what i meant lol, and I have been here longer than 18 months :P, I do send friend requests and attempt to chat, but I will try with the chat rooms again :P thanks
Lurker
0 likes
i agree--sort of. i've only been here a few days, and i've already met a few really good people. however, compared to the site overall, it seems like i don't have much success hitting it off with people.

i think you just have to keep it in perspective. everybody has a type of person that they click with. just like everywhere else in life, there are certain types of people who are more popular; they might chat up half a dozen people every time they're on here, but even if you only connect with one or two people a week, that's not so bad. just put yourself out there a bit, don't get discouraged, and you'll meet some interesting people.