Is Cybering Cheating?

last reply
104 replies
10.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Cyber sex if done right can be very intense. If your partner has asked you not to cyber then its a part of trust.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I believe that if you are in a different zip code and area code..... It's not cheating
Lurker
0 likes
its not cheating. its like masturbating when ur gf is not around. of course then u need smthing to masturbate to. ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If your S.O. isn't aware of what's going on then I have to think that would be cheating. Relationships are built on trust, honesty and several other factors; and everyone knows that. Cheating for sure!!!!!!!!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
no... my boyfriend fucks me plenty but i need more fulfillment. so i have cycbersex
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
its my opinion that if you are doing something with someone else that you know and or have a damn good idea that will hurt your partner

then its cheating no matter how you rationalize that it "isnt real"

and lets be honest, we KNOW if it is something they do not want or will be hurt by... and if you are quibbling with the word "know", then you certainly will have a strong suspicion that it will hurt them

i know my bf would be hurt if i did this... so i would be cheating

if you know your partner would be ok with it, then its not cheating
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cybering is a funny thing. When I was single I used to participate in it quite a bit and I felt I got something out of it. Now I have someone I love in my life I wouldn’t cyber with anyone else mainly because I have no need too. I get everything I need from them and being with him is enough. I agree with the comments from Amber. If your open about it and your OH is ok with it then there isn’t a problem. If you are secretive and you lie about it then to me that is cheating.

Ice cream + Candy = Yummy
Lurker
0 likes
i feel that it is cheating im married, and did feel dirty laying next to my wife, later that evening, i guess it comes down to self control. and konwing that you really love the person you are with, just remember, a fire strats with just a little spark, and can spread out off control very fast. you have to think is it worth it, and everybody here are not what they say they are?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
tricky one .....if showing of our pics and masturbating,as we chat to our special friends .....it must be.....unless we are in self denial,in which case its not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
thought about this again.....if we only use Lush as a means to excite the mind and add a little fantasy to our mundane routine its not....But if we cross the line and it becomes an addictive,and we give out personal details then thats a different story.
Lurker
0 likes
no, agree with Vegeta
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been in a 2-year long-distance relationship w/ my boyfriend of 4 years. I say the context is different for my case. I'm glad to say I've never had sex or had deep emotional connections with any man besides my boyfriend since our relationship has started. However, I can't deny how hard it is to fight sexual urges since he's gone. I find that cybering helps me keep the urges at bay. Or at least it helps me keep it to myself by masturbating.

I agree that cybering becomes cheating when there's an emotional involvement. But when you merely chat with a random stranger about sexual fantasies while keeping your anonymity, I don't define it as cheating.

My boyfriend knows about my cybering and he even finds these random online sexual encounters hot. I just make sure we're on the same page and that he's not threatened about my cybering.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with Joanne84, so long as there is no emotional involvement, it is not cheating since it is only on the net and if the person in your relationship knows about it and approves. Relationships should be open and honest. Cybering is a great way to release some desires and lonelyness and great for satisfying those sudden urges.
Lurker
0 likes
As a single lady I do not consider it cheating on my end...emotional or not. BUT....if you are in a committed relationship and are regularly "seeing" the same person over and over, and cybering, in my opinion, its cheating.

Just my worth

Sexi
Lurker
0 likes
No, Ann and I do it together and alone. but if you feel guilty, you shouldn't be doing it. There are exceptions to this. Mate that doesn't like or have sex and tragic health problems. Bottom line if you think it's wrong, don't do it.CSfFCny54T86BSZu

Ann and Mark