Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Introverts: What's your biggest annoyance?

last reply
12 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
This post is partly for me to rant and express myself, and part curiosity to know what others think.
So for the introverts out there...what's your biggest annoyance? I definitely consider myself more introverted than extroverted. I'm not one to talk and talk, especially if it's not within a small group of friends in an intimate setting. I could go on and on about it all, but I'll just list a few things that 'grind my gears' when it comes to being an introvert (at least in my case)

- when people look at you and say/ask (usually in front of others, which is worse) "Why are you so quiet? What's wrong with ya?" Nothing's wrong with me, thank you very much. I just don't have anything to contribute (or want to contribute) to your random, meaningless conversation or drivel; which they usually are. If it's a topic that has depth, I could write a book with my words/opinions.

- when people perceive you as a bitch because you're quiet or if you're not the first one to speak to them

- when people put you on the spot in front of others, making you embarrassed

Anyway, I just had to rant that. Bit of a random post here. But I'm curious to know, for the other introverts here...what problems do you come across with other people (usually the extroverts) and what are your annoyances about it? Love to hear...
~*~*~* Only the one that hurts you can make you feel better ~*~*~*
~*~*~* Only the one that inflicts pain can take it away~*~*~*

Check out my latest story: Drawn to Addy - Part 2
Active Ink Slinger
I know exactly what you mean.

I hate it when people say, "Hey, why are you so quiet?"

"Why are you so shy?"

How the hell do I respond to this... To me that's like asking, "Why are you so dull and uninteresting?"

Or people that tell you to be outgoing and to just start taking control like its so easy to overcome the way you've been you're entire life.

I don't feel like being condemned or labeled weird for liking to hold my tongue rather than belt out every thought that comes to my mind.
Active Ink Slinger
Thank you!! You have worded this waaay better than I did lol. To a T! Bingo! Every word you just wrote are my feelings as well.

Quote by BlondeBookworm
I know exactly what you mean.

I hate it when people say, "Hey, why are you so quiet?"

"Why are you so shy?"

How the hell do I respond to this... To me that's like asking, "Why are you so dull and uninteresting?"

Or people that tell you to be outgoing and to just start taking control like its so easy to overcome the way you've been you're entire life.

I don't feel like being condemned or labeled weird for like to hold my tongue rather than belt out every thought that comes to my mind.

Lurker
when watching movies, people say the line in a movie..before the movie gets to it
Lurker
Overexuberant extroverts. Attention seekers and loud people just annoy me. Hence my introvertism. lol...
Active Ink Slinger
I so agree on the annoyance of people being 'so' extroverted that they simply want to be heard and seen. Sometimes when you put aside the fact that they're always talking, and take a moment to go over the words they're actually saying...it's just pure crap lol. And the thought of "what is this actually contributing to the conversation at hand?" As the saying goes...too many people listen not to understand, but listen to reply. I think this is the case for those people; introverts tend to listen more to understand, but when the super-extroverts shut up long enough for someone else to talk lol, they usually only do so so they can instantly talk back with a response, not necessarily an understanding.

Chuckanator
Hmmm. Other introverts? A room full of introverts is like going to a funeral. A balance is needed. A room full of extroverts is like a room full of politicians. Each one seeking attention and to impose their opinions on others.
Advanced Wordsmith
When people won't just let me be. I hate it when people invite themselves into my personal space. If I said that I'm just hanging out at home and reading. Don't assume that I want company. I don't.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by heat23
when watching movies, people say the line in a movie..before the movie gets to it

...or when someone notices all the wrong things in the movie..."did you see that, and goes back...the solo cup in that clip was red, now its blue...awful editing there", then they bitch about it 5 minutes afterwards and you've missed 5 more minutes of the movie.

I hate when people air their dirty laundry on Facebook, or when someone continuously asks for help but when help is suggested or offered they don't follow through with it.

I hate lazy people or people that commit to something and then back out at the last minute.
Lurker
Quote by InsatiableLover

...or when someone notices all the wrong things in the movie..."did you see that, and goes back...the solo cup in that clip was red, now its blue...awful editing there", then they bitch about it 5 minutes afterwards and you've missed 5 more minutes of the movie.

I hate when people air their dirty laundry on Facebook, or when someone continuously asks for help but when help is suggested or offered they don't follow through with it.

I hate lazy people or people that commit to something and then back out at the last minute.

oh my god. People who do that are so annoying. They're just looking for attention. In my opinion at least.
Active Ink Slinger
My biggest annoyance would be when people just keep talking and then change subject. By the time they stop long enough so that i can share my thoughts on the first subject we are on something totally different and there is no point saying anything anymore so i just keep my mouth shut.
I agree with ChuckEPoo a balance of extroverts and introverts is needed in a room for conversation but the extroverts need to stop talking long enough to let someone else talk and not be afraid of a little silence or lull in conversation.
Active Ink Slinger
Exactly how i feel with one of my best friends from church.

Quote by lilgirl1414
I so agree on the annoyance of people being 'so' extroverted that they simply want to be heard and seen. Sometimes when you put aside the fact that they're always talking, and take a moment to go over the words they're actually saying...it's just pure crap lol. And the thought of "what is this actually contributing to the conversation at hand?" As the saying goes...too many people listen not to understand, but listen to reply. I think this is the case for those people; introverts tend to listen more to understand, but when the super-extroverts shut up long enough for someone else to talk lol, they usually only do so so they can instantly talk back with a response, not necessarily an understanding.