Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How to recover from a separation or broken relationships?

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
Trying to recover from the separation with my wife but we have the same friends and acquaitances in common....
Lurker
it's not easy. i'm going through a divorce right now, and there are definitely ups and downs. the best days are okay and the worst days are awful.

grit your teeth and get through until it gets a little easier. it will, in time.
Active Ink Slinger
I went through this in 2005-2006.

It does get easier but there are always tough times.

We were married in 1977, and all intimacy ended early in the 1990's as she was no longer interested in anything.

We have 4 sons, and in February 2021 the 11th grandchild, will be born.

Christmases and birthday parties are stressful, and even more so when she turns up with her boyfriends. I have left early from some events as it is very hard to be there and see her with another man.

I did find a very good counsellor to talk things through with.

I was separated, turned 50, divorced and made redundant, after 34 years with the same company, all in 14 months.

Life is very good now, but at 65 years old, not sure if I want to start any relationships now.

Find someone professional to talk to, it really helps.
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
I've sat at a few kitchen tables when relationships ended to be there for my friends.
The tip I can give you is one a dear friend gave me.
When you become a couple you slowly change from a "I" to a "we".
It's so easy to put aside the pieces that didn't fit that change and find we need them again if we have to change back to an "I".

So take it as a chance to do something entirely for you. Take up a new hobby, go to a class to learn something new, change something in your life just because you can.
It's so easy to feel you're powerless and are being thrown about by life.
Take back an element of control and own something however small entirely for you.
Just knowing you can do something without having to explain it or justify it can be very healing.

My friend took up gliding to get away from the strain of life and be somewhere that had no connection to her old life.

Remember that life is all about change, and you can always change things to be more the way you want them to be.
Refuse to be a victim, own this part of your life and reinvent yourself.

Winter is a time when nature prepares to return with new strength in spring, so return as an even better you.
Make the people you used to know gasp in wonder at what you transformed into.
It's all in your power, use it to make yourself happy.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Lurker
When you find out let me know