Heartache

last reply
14 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Everybody has had there first love. Ive had several girlfriends before mine but it doesnt prepare you for the pain of losing that very first love. I was just wondering how would you guys get over that person, be able to move on?
Its not who i am, but what i do that defines me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Time heals all wounds.

Oh, and rebound sex seems to help too.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Hook up with someone hotter than your first love for the rebound sex too...
Artistic Tart
0 likes
These cats have good advice, Face-od. Get out there and be with somebody other than your ex-girlfriend. Even if its not sex, then just hang out with them. I bet part of the hurt is that she is your first love, and so you can't even imagine living life with some other girl since there has only been one. More experience will mean you will see that your ex is not a requirement for a happy life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SweetPenny
Time heals all wounds.

Oh, and rebound sex seems to help too.

If only smile

I admit the company does help but my mind always wanders.
Lurker
0 likes
Brother, what you need is something to take your mind off of her...and look what you found...the greatest distraction on the internet! Spend some time here...get to know some of our beautiful ladies, and I'm willing to bet you'll realize that there are always other, much sexier fish in the sea...for the record though, we've all been there...i used to punch things that don't break...trees, walls, refrigerators...now I write...songs, poetry, screenplays...it's a much less painful outlet...Good luck, and always remember...things don't always work out the way we want them to, but they always work out...keep your head up, bro
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Loud music, spending some time in the gym (in my case, in the boxing ring- I admit hitting things do help, but it's hell to pay afterwards) and spending time with my freinds. I loathed being alone after my first heartbreak, and I found being with people just kept my mind off things. Good luck - it'll hurt like hell for a while, but what you do after that is up to you... *HUGZ*
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for help guys smile i hope i can get to know a few "beautiful ladies" on here lol. Seems a great place. I sound really inexperienced on her in matters like this but im not. Thats how shes made me feel though ya know.

Oh and i can relate to hitting things. Walls for starters but that hurts after a while so i got a punch bag. Greatest investment ever lol
Lurker
0 likes
Time does ease it as has been said. All good advice above. Keep busy. Throw yourself into hobbies and get back out with your friends. Ne need to forget your first love, remember the good times. But, don't let it hold you back from someone new.

Good luck.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When my first love and I broke up I thought I would die, but I didn't, good friends, a bit of vodka and tons of ice cream got me through it, and after awhile it just didn't hurt so much...
Time does make it all better, unless you were meant to be with that person all along. At a recent get together of high school friends, we found that our "favorite sweetheart couple" that had been together al through school had split right into college. She never got over him, he never got over her, but last year they hooked up again and are getting married! It's just 20-odd years after everyone expected them to!
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by castlequeen

When my first love and I broke up I thought I would die, but I didn't, good friends, a bit of vodka and tons of ice cream got me through it, and after awhile it just didn't hurt so much...
Time does make it all better, unless you were meant to be with that person all along. At a recent get together of high school friends, we found that our "favorite sweetheart couple" that had been together al through school had split right into college. She never got over him, he never got over her, but last year they hooked up again and are getting married! It's just 20-odd years after everyone expected them to!

What a great story, CQ!!

Heartache is only healed by time. For so many of us, we think we cannot go on without that person; but we do, and the pain becomes less. With that being said, time does not diminish the love, it often expands it to all that was great, minimizing all the faults with that love.

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose. ~ Henry Ward Beecher

Keep your heart open to receiving love .... one of the best advice that my mum gave me (repeated along the way a number of times!!)

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by castlequeen

Thats a great story. Im feeling mixed to be honest. Id love to get her back but i wanna play the field again. Heads all over the place ya know...
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
when we broke up it wasn't just once....it was like going back out and then realizing why we broke up in the first place so it wasn't too much of an emotional thing by the final break up and then he realized he was gay lol smile and he's now one of my best freinds and so is his boyfriend!
Jazmin "Hot Slut" Jones
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WetWet
when we broke up it wasn't just once....it was like going back out and then realizing why we broke up in the first place so it wasn't too much of an emotional thing by the final break up and then he realized he was gay lol smile and he's now one of my best freinds and so is his boyfriend!

Well im the same in that sense, except for the gay bit lol We kept breaking up but my feelings never changed. Not a inch... just trying to do my best