last reply
13 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I want to pick your brains!

From experience, have you and/or a group tried any fundraising ideas that have seriously worked?
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
Car washes, bake sales, rummage sales, chocolate bars....Those have always worked for me..... Good luck and make sure you smile!
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Necho

From experience, have you and/or a group tried any fundraising ideas that have seriously worked?

In my experience it’s been a hit or a miss, but worth the effort just to see a few quid going to charity.

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sassycheergirl
Car washes, bake sales, rummage sales, chocolate bars....Those have always worked for me..... Good luck and make sure you smile!

now in all seriousness, sassy has the norm for good fundraisers. I have seen where a Trivia Night Contest works GREAT!!!!! Get a convention hall room that would hold minimum of 20 tables 8-10 people per table. You charge $10 a person ($1600-$2000). After costs of renting the hall, buying non-alcoholic drinks, popcorn/pretzels, monetary awards to the top three (3) tables; example 3rd place table gets $80-$100, 2nd place gets $120-$150, 1st place gets $160-$200. You should come out with a minimum of $500. Word of Warning!!!! It is a lot of work.
Lurker
0 likes
Sterling idea, Chuck. Pshaw, pshaw.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends on how much you're looking to raise and how much you can get donated from local businesses.

Raffles usually work the best for us.
Spaghetti dinners CAN work, if you do them right.

The best one we did was a male beauty pageant Mr.__[insert city or school name here]____ Pageant, we earned a lot of money with that.
Right there. Oh yeah baby. Right there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Necho

What about house cleaning in swim suits. I would have 2 or 3 togther for safty.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
iv done a lot of fundraising in the past 2 years for the university conservation expedition to Trini

bake sales, pub quizes, band nights, pub crawls(with buckets, fancy dress costumes and sweets for bribing) have worked really well for us biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sazraz
iv done a lot of fundraising in the past 2 years for the university conservation expedition to Trini

bake sales, pub quizes, band nights, pub crawls(with buckets, fancy dress costumes and sweets for bribing) have worked really well for us biggrin

We'be been thinking doing a pub crawl, hire a big party bus, charge people loads of money to get waister, seems like a good idea!
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Necho
We'be been thinking doing a pub crawl, hire a big party bus, charge people loads of money to get waister, seems like a good idea!

I've seen it done with great success, massaging pinky businessmen in suits on a Friday night in the city, $10 shoulder rub for "charity". I have no idea of the legitimacy of such services...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Quote by Necho

I've seen it done with great success, massaging pinky businessmen in suits on a Friday night in the city, $10 shoulder rub for "charity". I have no idea of the legitimacy of such services...

It doesn't need to be legit, if someone asks Ill just say a parent/boyfriend donated it to us.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have done a lot of fundraising in the past. Probably the most successful was a couple of years when I made a cookbook then sold it. It was fairly low cost as I did all the printing and binding myself. It took days. But within a couple of weeks I had raised about $7000. It was to raise money for a turtle hospital. The excess books I didn´t sell, I sent to the turtle hospital so they could sell them to visitors.

I have also done some fundraising by organising dinners and doing silent auctions. Also did bake sales when I was younger. Another successful thing was to make baskets filled with baked good. Cookies, brownies, cakes, chocolates, fudge...etc The baskets were various sizes and people bought them as gifts for others. I then delivered them. It was low cost since I did the baking, just labour intensive. It was pretty profitable. I sold the baskets for anywhere from $30 - $80 depending on the size and variety of goods.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Bachelor/bachelorette auction.

I was put up for sale once.. hehe.

QUITE an unnerving experience, but all it amounted to was a harmless dinner with a stranger, and the proceeds went to a great cause.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rxtales
I have done a lot of fundraising in the past. Probably the most successful was a couple of years when I made a cookbook then sold it. It was fairly low cost as I did all the printing and binding myself. It took days. But within a couple of weeks I had raised about $7000. It was to raise money for a turtle hospital. The excess books I didn´t sell, I sent to the turtle hospital so they could sell them to visitors.

I have seen the cookbook idea several times and it always seems to work out well. You can pretty much get recipes from anybody you ask. I was on a forum once where a lady was doing a cookbook for the SPCA and I found some really, great, new recipes to try.