Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Full body scans

last reply
212 replies
16.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Are full body scans at airports too intrusive?

22 votes remaining
Yes, I don't want anyone seeing my hoohoo or haha (8 votes) 36%
No, it's what's needed to keep us safe (17 votes) 77%
I don't care one way or another (8 votes) 36%
It's supposed to be light out in the morning (2 votes) 9%
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Since you are able to kill people with rocks and spoons, then wouldn't you prefer a society with less guns? Then you have the ultimate advantage against an unarmed criminal. Just ensure that you are armed with a spoon at all times.

No, I prefer the nation with guns, for self defense as well as hunting. I have the advantage with or without due to my training in the military, I don't fear someone with a gun. I've been shot at, I've had people try to blow me up with RPG's, I've faced a few up close that had weapons of various sorts and beat them with only a knife or well placed hand or knee. I don't need guns to give me the advantage, and neither do criminals. They have the advantage of studying you when you don't know it, and they generally speaking will have a tactical advantage because they know the lay of the land as well, possibly even how long it takes for the police to show up once 911 is called. If they are experienced, you are at an even worse disadvantage because they've done it successfully before. As a victim of violent crime, you are at a serious disadvantage.

By banning guns, you make it nearly impossible for a law abiding citizen to get one, and only make it marginally harder for a criminal. Its been said before that the military and other nations importing weapons that keep our underworld armed, not gun shops and gun shows. I don't know about the rest of the country, but I have been to many gun shows in Florida, and there is no "loop hole" there. You simply cannot buy a gun without a background check. People that go there with the intent of a quick-buy are sorely disappointed, I've seen them get quite angry at the vendors for this.

A gun in trained hands is not nearly as dangerous as people seem to think. The accidents that occur tend to be made by people who bought the gun and had no training or education on its use. It can be something simple like buy a .45 because they don't tend to leave the body and wont hit someone else, stay away from 9mm because they zip right through and might hit someone. If people were just more educated about guns and how to use them, 90% of the anti-gun argument would become irrelevant as mistakes wont happen near as often. Not that they wont, no one is perfect, but it would certainly reduce the accidents. Shouldn't we be heading for a solution that works and makes both sides happy? Why not have your cake and eat it too? Should the US make it a law that you should have some formal training with some kind of diploma or certificate to own a gun? Would that be a happy medium?

We should aim for a solution instead of arguing black or white, because apparently neither are working.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by freefallin1309
A gun in trained hands is not nearly as dangerous as people seem to think. The accidents that occur tend to be made by people who bought the gun and had no training or education on its use. It can be something simple like buy a .45 because they don't tend to leave the body and wont hit someone else, stay away from 9mm because they zip right through and might hit someone. If people were just more educated about guns and how to use them, 90% of the anti-gun argument would become irrelevant as mistakes wont happen near as often. Not that they wont, no one is perfect, but it would certainly reduce the accidents. Shouldn't we be heading for a solution that works and makes both sides happy? Why not have your cake and eat it too? Should the US make it a law that you should have some formal training with some kind of diploma or certificate to own a gun? Would that be a happy medium?

We should aim for a solution instead of arguing black or white, because apparently neither are working.

I still prefer the Canadian system, but I concede that it is impossible to go from the US system to what Canada has. Your solution would work for me. But I think some of the people on this thread would complain that your solution is too restrictive, and taking away their freedoms.
Lurker
0 likes
Well folks I think this thread has come to an end. I want to thank you all for your participation and for acting like Ladies and Gentlemen. It looks like full body scans are here whether we like it or not. As for gun ownership it looks like we will always have a difference of opinion.
Thanks again
ChefKathleen