Favourite boxer of all time

last reply
38 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
colin123
0 likes
Who would be your choice of favourite boxer of all time ?.
colin123
0 likes
Joe Calzaghe, unbeaten and never backed out from fighting anyone, fought all the best fighters around. True legend.
colin123
0 likes
Quote by JWren

Sugar Ray Robinson
Yes a great boxer
colin123
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Canelo Álvarez

Meow.

Yes I agree, one of the greats.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Seems like everyone I know from my generation onward immediately jumps to Ali.
I could say that myself. But I have a somewhat different take on all this because I spent time in the ring as a teen.
Yes, Ali was a great fighter who learned how to move, and be both evasive, and effective in landing punches, by watching Sugar Ray Robinson. He was psychologically brilliant, and had a nasty trash talk that intimidated many of his opponents. So he was undeniably a great fighter.
What we couldn't do today if we had a man with his charisma!
But I propose two challenges to that belief. The first is that there were two fighters, in the heavyweight division before him that defined the art of boxing in a different way: Joe Louis, and Rocky Marciano.
Both could deliver the most effective punches, with exceptional body and footwork. We must remember Rocky was never defeated.
But I believe it was Joe Louis in the heavy weight division. Please listen to this narration.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Marvelous Marvin Hagler.
colin123
0 likes
Quote by bisub4her
Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

Yes a very good boxer indeed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Henry Armstrong. Held three world titles in different weight classes at same time and this when only one champion of the world for each classification.
0 likes
Boxing isn't really my sport, but Lennox Lewis lived and went to school in my hometown during the eighties when he was boxing for Canada in the Olympics (quarterfinals in 1984, gold in 1988) so I do have a bit of a soft spot for him.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
this has nothing to do with men's undershorts, does it?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
The Real Deal Evander Holyfield.
Lost in my own mystique
0 likes
Quote by sprite
this has nothing to do with men's undershorts, does it?

Actually it probably does in a tangential way. What we need to do is examine boxing versus "professional" wrestling. We notice that boxers wear boxers, whereas Stone Cold Steve Austin and others of his ilk wear garments that are clearly based on the cut of "tightie whities." So we must in the name of science ask "what does each type of garment conceal?" I hope my fellow Lushies will do some research and contribute data so that we may determine who had the biggest cock...oh, nevermind...
Lurker
0 likes
Mike Tyson at his over-hyped, pre- conviction best. Great theatre.

Willie DeWitt was the Canadian Olympic almost gold medal, near-hero and great white hope but after he turned pro, not so hopeful. But he did become a successful lawyer and one-punch clocked some dude that challenged him at a summer festival.

Ray Jones was cool too.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Ping
Mike Tyson at his over-hyped, pre- conviction best. Great theatre.

Willie DeWitt was the Canadian Olympic almost gold medal, near-hero and great white hope but after he turned pro, not so hopeful. But he did become a successful lawyer and one-punch clocked some dude that challenged him at a summer festival.

Ray Jones was cool too.

You guys in Canada got the Hart foundation, sure they ain’t boxers. Badass all the same.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

You guys in Canada got the Hart foundation, sure they ain’t boxers. Badass all the same.

Wrestling Royalty
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Teofilo Stevenson.
Three-time Olympic champion and might have had four if Cuba had participated in the '84 Olympics.
Never turned pro, but the way he demolished opponents who went on to pro careers speaks volumes. I have no doubt he would have been undisputed world heavyweight champ.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As an Aussie, I have to say Jeff Horn
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Ping

Royalty

Fixed it for you, jabroni.
Lurker
0 likes
Archie Moore and his 'Cassius Clay Lip Buttoner'. Too bad it didn't quite work out that way.
0 likes
I'm just like Who? What?

I only have eyes for Canelo.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Fixed it for you, jabroni.

I take great pride in that nickname.
colin123
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Boxing isn't really my sport, but Lennox Lewis lived and went to school in my hometown during the eighties when he was boxing for Canada in the Olympics (quarterfinals in 1984, gold in 1988) so I do have a bit of a soft spot for him.
Had a drink with Lennox back in the eightees in a local bar, great guy and yes a very talented boxer.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I've had the pleasure to meet and talk to Evander Holyfield several times. Holyfield is the only 4-time Heavyweight Boxing World Champion. And his son, Elijah Holyfield, was an excellent Georgia Bulldog football player.

Elijah Holyfield...
colin123
0 likes
Just watching some footage of Ray Mercer, pretty awesome.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My Partner's Tommy John Boxers. They're nice and tight on his bum. He looks good in them.

"The Punished Nonpartisan" <- Extreme BDSM and humiliation story. Heavy on plot. Served on a plate of political drama with a side of domestic terror. Currently Free download.

Jocelyn the Wicked <- futanari, fantasy fan fic, and some tentacles that escaped the laboratory

Green Bay Packer Fan
0 likes
Muhammad Ali

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali