Favorite music?

last reply
10 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Normally I can determine whether or not I'll enjoy one's company through the music they listen to. If I find that the lyrics mean something special and are sweet, I can guess that that person is somewhat like that. But if the words are about sex, drugs, alcohol, etc., then I known I won't enjoy their craved company. For example, one could guess that I was depressed, nursing a broken heart still, and that I wanted a new love all from the music I listened to.

What's your favorite music, and what does it seem to describe about you?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Kitsune
Normally I can determine whether or not I'll enjoy one's company through the music they listen to. If I find that the lyrics mean something special and are sweet, I can guess that that person is somewhat like that. But if the words are about sex, drugs, alcohol, etc., then I known I won't enjoy their craved company. For example, one could guess that I was depressed, nursing a broken heart still, and that I wanted a new love all from the music I listened to.

What's your favorite music, and what does it seem to describe about you?

I think this is very true. A person musical taste often tells you a lot about them. I find I have little in common with anyone who says they like "chart" music. What does that even mean? You like everything that other people like? Right.....

Whilst im mainly into rock music, I would still have an interest in someone who likes anything different from the mainstream, as it shows a desire to find out what they actually like, as opposed to just accepting what we are given via the mainstream media.
0 likes
A hard question for me to answer, really. My tastes in music are broad and I'm not sure if there is a common thread to it or if each type of music I like hits a different aspect of me. Some favorite genres:

Jazz, especially 30s to 60s instrumental though there is a lot of vocal jazz from the period that I like, too.

Opera, especially Romantic Period opera like Verdi, Wagner, and Puccini

Symphonic music, again with a lean towards the late Classical and Romantic Period (e.g. I love the nine Beethoven symphonies).

In terms of pop/rock music, I tend towards singer-songwriters (Kate Bush is a longtime favorite) and prog or prog-ish rock (Yes and Pink Floyd).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tend to listen to bands like Breaking Benjamin, some 30 Seconds To Mars, Dead by April, Bullet For My Valentine, The Devil Wears Prada, etc. Although I'm given odd looks for these preferences I always give the other a dirty look as if to say "Well what does your music tell me about you?"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love most types of music, but my absolute favourite has to be rock music.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Rock (general, classic, indie, alternative, gothic, metal, nu metal, punk, etc)
Pop (indie, alternative, dream)
Classical/Instrumental
Celtic/Folk
New Age
Children's music/lullabies
Golden oldies
Salsa/Bachata/Merengue
Reggaeton
Soundscapes/Ambient
Christian rock
Japanese rock/pop
Electronica/techno/downtempo

Good luck trying to fit me into a neat little box, though.
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
My music taste (like that of Seeker, and I should say many others) is really broad in it's range. It would be easier for me to list the types of music I don't like; Heavy Metal, Techno/Happy hardcore, Jazz.

If it's got a beat, chances are, I will be moving to it.

If your theory is that you can gauge how well you will get on with someone based on their music likes, then I guess it's sort of right, as the friends I have are as varied as my music tastes.

Your question was, however, favorite music, and I do have a favorite.

In it's broadest sense you could say my favorite is Electronic Dance Music, but I can break it down further than that.

My Favorite sub genre's are; Drum and Bass, Trance, House, Ambient, Trap, Dub-step

There are so many favorite artist that fit into those categories, but to list a few off the top of my head; Higher Contrast, Chase & Status, Nero, Goldie, Tiesto, Disclosure, Massive Attack, Leftfield, Prodigy, Jakwob, Estherwood, the list is endless....

I don't really know what it says about me, that I am a girl that loves a big bass tune.
Lurker
0 likes
Not really a genere or anything, but the Billboard Hot 100 is where its at for me!

[CLICK TO LISTEN IN THE US]
Lurker
0 likes
country
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can listen to most types of music with the exception of Rap and really sappy country music.

My all-time favorite band is Pink Floyd

I love Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk Rock, Prog Rock, Alternative Rock

Some of my other favs are Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead, Queensryche, Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, The Ramones, The Damned, New York Dolls, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Veruca Salt, Joan Jett, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Genesis (w/Peter Gabriel) to name a few but I could go on and on!

What does it say about me......................I have GOOD TASTE!! HAHA
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll give most things a try except country, R'NB and a lot of very commercial music.

The bands I listen to the most are: The Prodigy, Billy Talent, Every Time I Die, Motorhead, Gob, Million Dead, Slayer, Blink 182, AC/DC, Rival Schools, Stapleton, Hundred Reasons, Blondie, At The Drive-In, Iron Maiden & lots of classic Rave tunes like The Bouncer, Some Justice, Sweet Harmony etc.

Things that are calm and mellow just don't agree with me. I think that sums up that I'm fairly energetic, which is about right.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}