Login

EI versus IQ?

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Do you think Emotional Intelligence is more important than IQ to succeed in life?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Common sense and life’s experiences with a honest caring heart are more important than either to the 2 you listed. Of the 2 choices given i would have to say no mater how high your IQ is if you do not have emotional intelligence you just as well crawl under a rock.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
It really depends on how you define 'success'.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
You need a measure of both to be successful, but I would give the edge to EI unless you're living in an anti-social vacuum.

To deal with the human element (whether it involves being a leader, a teacher, a healer or having successful relationships), you need strong EI skills.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You need both to be successful in most areas of life. But I think EI has a small edge. We've all known people in our lives who were absolutely brilliant. But was equally awful in their ability to relate to and understand others. Sometimes those people are very angry because they are unable to realize it is they themselves that is the problem and not everyone else. Ever hear of the Lush profile StormBlue.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
Ever hear of the Lush profile StormBlue.

Guy with a shaven head? Nope, I missed it.