Kindle 3 (Amazon) (3 votes) 150%
Nook (there seems to be 3 types) (2 votes) 100%
BeBook Neo (0 votes) 0%
Sony Reader (Sony) (0 votes) 0%
Kobo (0 votes) 0%
Other (0 votes) 0%
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
I am looking at buying an e-reader for myself and for a few friends that travel quite a bit.

Do you own one? What type do you have?

If you don't have one, which would you buy (and why)?

Thanks for helping!

xo PA
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have an iPad and use it a lot for reading and storing my library of books, i like the flexibility it offers and when in bed at night you do not need a light on too read by i did originally had a Kobo reader but it is okay but nothing like the iPad with image quality and flexibility. I did find the light from the Kobo did give me some eye strain also...
Lurker
0 likes
I have a NookColor. I bought it just a few months before the Nook Tablet came out... at the same price. Grrr! I like mine but would rather have the Nook Tablet or a Kindle Fire for the video features. The iPad was also recommended to me.

I carry mine with me everywhere. I used to take books with me when I was out, but some of them were just HEAVY. I lugged around Stephen King's Under The Dome and was sick of carrying it by the end of the book. The ereader is much more portable!
Lurker
0 likes
I have a Kindle and love it, but have never used an i-pad so cannot compare it with anything. Loads of books are free on the Amazon site and also on the Project Gutenburg site.