Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Do you feel like you are really living life, or merely going through the motions?

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sometimes I feel like I'm going through the motions with my life. With my wife, kids, job, friends. I haven't felt really alive in a long time.

I'm sure I'm to blame, who else's fault can that be?

Does anyone else feel like that? Or for those that have lots of drive and feel like life is one great big adventure still, how do you keep that frame of mind?

I am in my late 30's. Is it an age thing?
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah sometimes I feel like I'm just going through the motions of life but I also have some dreams of a few big adventures planned. But we all get that way at times and I don't think it has anything to do with age it's more we get stuck in a big time boring routine called life sometimes it's great sometimes it's boring as hell sometimes it sucks that's what life is ya try to make the best of it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Turning forty *insert groan here* , I had a wake-up call. I was drifting through life. Doing what everyone else expected of me and failing to impress them. I worked hard to provide for my family and pay the bills. But I wasn't happy. Nothing I did was ever good enough for anyone. I don't enjoy my job. So I bought a laptop and started writing. Almost three years later, now, today, I'm much happier, because even though I still have a day job, I get to do something I truly enjoy. And I'm making my dreams come true. I hope my writing career flourishes and I can dump my day job, still provide for my family, and do what I love most, full time.

But yes. I felt dead inside. Like a slave to the grind... The answer is to take charge... no more saying, "wouldn't it be cool if..." ... I thought it would be cool if I could write. So I did.

paranormal • erotic • romance
www.forlorn-hope.net
Lurker
0 likes
Plow, I'll show you something that really helped me over 20 years ago. It's from Wayne Dyer, during his No Limit Living days.

2. Start making good choices.

Don’t ever forget that you are the sum total of the choices you make. And stop making excuses for bad choices. Are you shy? Nervous? Scared to get up in front of a group? Afraid to speak out? Do you get angry too much? Just remember:

1. Anything inside that immobilizes me, gets in my way, keeps me from my goals, is all MINE.
2. I can throw it away IF I CHOOSE.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the answers. At the end of the day, life is what you make it yourself I guess.