Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Condoms- How often do you use them?

last reply
25 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
1 like

How often do you insist/agree on condom use?

12 votes remaining
Every time- no exceptions! (2 votes) 17%
Every time until I've been w/ him/her a few times (6 votes) 50%
Every time- unless I am drunk or the guy is hot (1 vote) 8%
Every time- except for about half the time (4 votes) 33%
Only if he/she like a walking herpes donor (0 votes) 0%
Never- hate them! I'll basically take my chances. (5 votes) 42%
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Okay this is a question only for those that ARE NOT in a monogamous relationship right now- or unless you have a lot of experience prior to that current relationship, the question is about when you were dating around, not shacking up with your long-time partner.

Feel free to add comments, I was talking to a friend here, and we didn't know of any recent safe-sex / condom-use threads.

Cheers!
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I've always had to stifle a laugh, when I meet a woman who is more than willing to go down on me, but I've got to wear a condom to fuck her.

Alrighty then.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
At the risk of getting lectured I'm going to say... ummm never have........ Always been on the pill though, just took my chances with infections and hoped the guys were clean and decent enough to tell me if they werent. 2/2 so far!

If i was just going for ONS i would insist on one
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Unless I've known the lady I'm going to have sex with for a long time, for me it's mandatory! If she's a pick-up at a club, it's mandatory. I'll always use a condom during those encounters until I'm totally sure she is:

A: STD free

B: On birth control

When "A" is satisfied and "B" questionable, I'll continue using them.

Lurker
0 likes
I usually use them. I don't mind. Makes me last longer. They ruin the facial cumshot though.
Lurker
0 likes
5 times out of 10
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Didn't even answer my own question- I'm in the "Everytime unless I'm drunk or otherwise a dumbass, and he's really hot" category.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I use them but I sincerely hate them... they limit some of my favourite sexual switch ups... ie fucking to oral and then back to fucking again...

I've never done oral with a condom. Does anyone? It always made me wonder who the hell out there is using those 'flavoured condoms'...

Once I'm seeing a guy for a while though, the condoms go out the window and I'm on the pill...

I'm tested once (or sometimes twice) a year for everything... never had any issues with any kind of STD.
Lurker
0 likes
Just a reminder, "There's no piece of ass worth dying for". There's also not a shot for HIV/AIDS. Be safe my Lush friends.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I've never done oral with a condom. Does anyone? It always made me wonder who the hell out there is using those 'flavoured condoms'...

Yes, I do oral with a condom- usually, unless I have reason to trust the guy. For the same reason that WMM brings up, that fucking with a condom but doing oral without might save your punani or dirtbox from Herpes, but not your mouth. Plus, I can roll a condom onto his cock during oral and he'll usually not notice, which means there's no awkwardness when we switch to vaginal/anal- he's already wrapped up!

And yes, DD, flavored condoms are only slightly less gross than normal latex goodness lol.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Yes, I do oral with a condom- usually, unless I have reason to trust the guy. For the same reason that WMM brings up, that fucking with a condom but doing oral without might save your punani or dirtbox from Herpes, but not your mouth. Plus, I can roll a condom onto his cock during oral and he'll usually not notice, which means there's no awkwardness when we switch to vaginal/anal- he's already wrapped up!

And yes, DD, flavored condoms are only slightly less gross than normal latex goodness lol.

As long as you have a good immune system the likelihood of transferring genital herpes to the mouth during oral sex is extremely low. HSV-2 in the mouth is extremely rare.

What you have to be careful with is herpes being transferred from a cold sore in the mouth to the penis/vaginal area during oral. If you've got a cold sore and you go down on someone, you can give that person genital herpes...but very rarely the other way around. Even if you're in the early stages of a cold sore, it's still highly transmissible...

Luckily for me, I've never had a cold sore in my lifetime, so I don't have the HSV-1 virus in my system, but it's always something to consider as to whether your partner does.

A new question is... do men use a dental dam when they go down on women these days? I'll bet not!

The real issue with herpes is that the virus sheds from the entire "boxer short area" and you're still able to transmit even when you don't have an outbreak... What this means is that condoms don't ensure total protection from herpes... they just better your odds...

You roll the dice on some level with every new partner you have sex with... I guess the key is to decrease your odds by safeguarding as much as you can. AND getting tested regularly...
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Wow, good info! My doctor advised condoms for oral too, but my roommate, who never uses condoms for blowjobs, had an argument with me about this, arguing your exact same points.

I'll say this- it's a hell of a lot better for me, and for the guy, if I'm sucking him bareback! As far as testing? Yes, four times over the last year. Peace of mind is well worth the checkup + testing fees.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Well I think it's all a measure of risk, and how much you're willing to take... In terms of oral, I'm riskier... but I just happen to love the taste of cock a lot more than latex... hard to give that up...

According to the stats 1 in 4 Americans have the herpes virus (*waiting for shock to set in*) and most people don't know about it because it can lay dormant for years... This means that that unprotected fuck you had when you were 20 can come back and haunt you when you end up suddenly developing full blown herpes when you're 25 and married and your husband suddenly thinks you cheated on him, when in fact the virus was there all along...

Tests for herpes virus are quite expensive and specific, so it mostly gets glossed over during STD testing unless specifically requested. They usually only test when you have a weird bump and there is suspicion it might be herpes.

But 1/4 of Americans have herpes and 7 out of 10 herpes transmissions occur when there are no symptoms present... that makes for some scary stuff if you're not too careful these days.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I've heard that stat, that 1/4 of everyone's herpified- and thats why I request the test. Its definitely the one that scares me the most because it can't be cured.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What's "ASPRIN"?
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
I don't use them at al. I just tellthe guy not to jizz in my pussy.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
Xauni, you know I never use condoms and I know what the risks are and I have made the concious decision to accept the risk.

Oral using a condom, can't believe anyone does that.

Go ahead and lecture me about "What a Dumb Cunt I Am."

It really restricts your creativity and imititacy and how good does a man's seman feel in your body.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadySharon
I don't use them at al. I just tellthe guy not to jizz in my pussy.

Good luck, then, because there's always plenty of pre-cum which is fully loaded with any infectious virus or bacteria that can transmit a disease. Oh, and read up on some of them, such as herpes, because skin to skin contact without ejaculation can transmit that one.

So don't be too self assured about having him pull out.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

As long as you have a good immune system the likelihood of transferring genital herpes to the mouth during oral sex is extremely low. HSV-2 in the mouth is extremely rare.

What you have to be careful with is herpes being transferred from a cold sore in the mouth to the penis/vaginal area during oral. If you've got a cold sore and you go down on someone, you can give that person genital herpes...but very rarely the other way around. Even if you're in the early stages of a cold sore, it's still highly transmissible...

Are you saying that it's rare to transmit genital herpes to the mouth? Because that just isn't the case. Whether it is Type 1 or 2, if viral shedding is occuring, it is asymptopmatic, and extremely contagious.

All About Genital Herpes: The Basics
The Basics

Genital herpes is a disease caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV), of which there are two types. Type 1 (HSV-1) usually causes oral herpes, an infection of the lips and mouth. Symptoms are commonly known as cold sores or fever blisters. In the past, HSV-1 was not known to cause genital herpes, but that is changing, especially among people who begin having sex at a young age. Still, in most cases, genital herpes is caused by the second type of herpes virus (HSV-2).

How Is Herpes (Oral or Genital) Spread?

HSV-1 is usually passed from person to person by kissing. HSV-1 can also spread from the mouth to the genitals during oral sex (fellatio, cunnilingus, analingus). If this happens, it becomes a case of genital herpes.

HSV-2 is most often passed by vaginal sex and anal sex. But just as HSV-1 can infect the genitals and cause genital herpes, HSV-2 can pass from one person's genitals to another person's mouth, resulting in oral herpes.

Genital Herpes Guide

In addition, HIV, Chlamydia, HPV, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and Hepatitis B can ALL be transmitted orally.

Is Oral Sex Safe?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Are you saying that it's rare to transmit genital herpes to the mouth? Because that just isn't the case. Whether it is Type 1 or 2, if viral shedding is occuring, it is asymptopmatic, and extremely contagious.

All About Genital Herpes: The Basics
The Basics

Genital herpes is a disease caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV), of which there are two types. Type 1 (HSV-1) usually causes oral herpes, an infection of the lips and mouth. Symptoms are commonly known as cold sores or fever blisters. In the past, HSV-1 was not known to cause genital herpes, but that is changing, especially among people who begin having sex at a young age. Still, in most cases, genital herpes is caused by the second type of herpes virus (HSV-2).

How Is Herpes (Oral or Genital) Spread?

HSV-1 is usually passed from person to person by kissing. HSV-1 can also spread from the mouth to the genitals during oral sex (fellatio, cunnilingus, analingus). If this happens, it becomes a case of genital herpes.

HSV-2 is most often passed by vaginal sex and anal sex. But just as HSV-1 can infect the genitals and cause genital herpes, HSV-2 can pass from one person's genitals to another person's mouth, resulting in oral herpes.

Genital Herpes Guide

In addition, HIV, Chlamydia, HPV, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and Hepatitis B can ALL be transmitted orally.

Is Oral Sex Safe?

Finally. Hopefully they'll hear you GypsyMoth.

Painter? That's a version of what you and I know as aspirin.7Msiu7eJlnLPVjX5
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Thanks for the info, Gypsy- much appreciated!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Yes, I said it was far less common for someone to transmit HSV-2 (genital herpes) to the mouth during oral sex.

QUOTE: "By performing oral sex on someone who has genital herpes, it would be possible to contract oral herpes - but this is rare. Most cases of genital herpes are caused by HSV-2, which rarely affects the mouth or face. Also, and even more importantly, most adults already have oral HSV-1, contracted as a child through kissing relatives or friends".

http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_oralherpes.cfm

This is not to say that it never happens, but that it is far less common. Most herpes infections of the mouth are HSV-1. It is FAR more common to have things go the other way around (ie. a cold sore infecting someone during oral and causing genital herpes in their partner).

Every sex act has a risk. It's up to the individual person to weigh those risks and make informed decisions.

Aysmptomatic viral shedding is responsible for 70% of genital herpes transmissions. Condoms are great, but the boxer short area (front and back) are where the viral shedding is occurring at random. Therefore it is impossible to remain 100% safe from any kind of STD while using a condom. What it does, is significantly better your odds. Obviously is anyone is experiencing an outbreak or is in the beginning stages of one (either with genital herpes or with cold sores) they should abstain from any kind of sexual contact. Anyone who has genital herpes should be on Valtrex anyway as this will significantly reduce the amount of asymptomatic shedding that occurs.
Lurker
0 likes
STDs with shared sex toys as well. There are a lot them that can be spread in many ways. Oral, vaginal, anal. You can use a dental dam for oral though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, I'm in a long term, non-monogamous relationship, AND have extensive experience prior to that AND we swing. So...

I have specific criteria. If you have a dick not belonging to my husband, you will wear a condom. If I share a sex toy with my lady lover, it will wear a condom. If you have any broken skin, skin lesions, bumps, or other skank-indicators, I'm not going to fuck you, I don't care how much you paid for the hotel room or how long you've been planning our date. Put your clothes back on and let's end the night on friendly terms.

Now, that being said, I never use condoms with oral. YUCK. You can't put enough flavored lube on a condom to make it not taste like I'm sucking off a soda bottle. And dental dams are really a joke. Unhandy little buggers, you'd think that we could come up with a better gadget by now!

I get tested regularly and I have always been 100% STD free.
Lurker
0 likes
I get tested regularly and I have always been 100% STD free.

For now. Good luck to you all.