Any good books???

last reply
28 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Ok so I have been on a bit of reading frenzy lately (a little more than usual) lol and I was just wondering if anyone had some good suggestions? smile I love the stories on lush....but I am looking for actual books I can go check out at the library! I love adventure, mystery, thriller, and romance (not cheesy tho) books. I also am a huge fan of James Patterson....so please if anyone has any good suggestions let me know! Thanks!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wonderland A Spenser book by the successer to Robert Parker
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you are into fantasy, the"Sword of Truth" series from Terry Goodkind, the "Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan, are two of my favorite series.
Lurker
0 likes
It is about genre...What do you like?
Lurker
0 likes
I suggest Vampire Academy (please give it a chance!! Not all Vampire books are horriblesmile) This has a mix of everything: witty dialogues, adventure, suspense, steamy scenes here and there. Also this series Consequences by Aleatha Romig. So many turns that will keep you surprised! It will certainly play with your mind.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Kundera, it's a modern classic
0 likes
The Great Gatsby
Anything by Edgar Allen Poe
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Past Master by R.A. Lafferty and Cryptonomicon by Neil Stephenson, that one'll keep you busy a while (1200+pages)
And I've only begun fucking with you people.
At the end of the day, it's all math.
Lurker
0 likes
A good action/thriller writer is Barry Eisler. If you want to try some fantasy books you can't go wrong with Joe Abercrombie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. An absolutely incredibly good book. Great story, with lots of fiction thrown in with some factual events. But be forewarned, it's fucking brutal. Do not read if you'r already depressed, holy fuck. When I was done reading it, I felt like I'd been kicked in the gut... repeatedly.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Time enough for Love - Robert A. Heinlein
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Inferno by Dan Brown and W is for Wasted Sue Gardner
Lurker
0 likes
"Eleven Minutes"
Candyman
0 likes
The Stand by Stephen King. Not the unabridged, though it is good on its own, but the first release. If you don't get the sniffles .…
"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Candyman
0 likes
Quote by Shaman
Inferno by Dan Brown and W is for Wasted Sue Gardner

Dan Brown is gifted and if you want to read Sue Grafton, start with A is for Alibi.
"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Lurker
0 likes
The two thrillers I've enjoyed most are 'The Husband' and 'Velocity' both by Dean Koontz
The Engineer
0 likes
hi ,u could try "the song of ice and fire" series by George R.R. martin
Find Simar on:
1. Skype: Simar Singh
2. Kik: simar2308
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole series, start with The Bat
Stieg Larsson's The Girl series
The Very Hungry Caterpillar (A post modern examination of obesity and gluttony in today's society)
Head Nurse
0 likes
Anything by ken follett, my favorite is pillars of the earth, but jackdaws is excellent also
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Been reading john grisham's the litigators recently
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
'Raising Steam,' Terry Pratchett
:-))))
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Prostitutes Ball by Stephen J Cannell
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Jack Higgins writes some good books specially the series with the character Sean Dillon. Dean Koontz will keep you up at night as you won't want to put the book down. The late Bryce Courtney wrote some great books, the Potato Factory being one. The list is endless.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
the books of Michael Thomas Ford are great
My favorites are "Looking for It" and "Last Summer" but I've enjoyed all of his novels
you can find them on Amazon and I've had great success buying used books very cheaply
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh - and "Gone Girl" was great - read it in a weekend - literally couldn't put it down
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Rawr, I'm a dinosaur. :3

(Check out my stories, babies xox)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Kundera, it's a modern classic

many many dittos to this... it might be my all time favorite book ever.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
also, anything by kazou ishiguro or michael chabon.

also: wolf hall, by hillary mantel. (spoiler: there are no wolves)