0 watchers
0 likes

Which is Better...You Decide!!

6 votes remaining
Anime (5 votes) 83%
Live Action (5 votes) 83%
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a huge fan of both of these forms of cinema. Both have their own merits but I was wondering that everyone else's opinions were on the subject.

I do have a soft spot for anime films, THEY ARE NOT CARTOONS!!!!!, they are often just as good as if not better than western films. Some say that animation is just for children but if you take the time to properly watch an anime film you will find the storyline just as engaging, you will still have empathy for the characters and the level of writing is more often than not top notch. The use of animation just allows those working on the films to further the abilities and events that occur. Magic, special abilities and seemingly impossible sights fill these films but the lack of reality is no reason to condemn these films...its what we use CGI for in live action productions.

Anime had made me laugh, gasp and cry and if you haven't ever watched any of these films I HIGHLY recommend that you try one...these are a few I suggest.

-Princess Mononoke
-Spirited Away
-Naruto Shippuden the Movie
-How's Moving Castle

These films can be watched with subtitles or dubbed in english. If you only watch one i suggest Princess Mononoke, its a beautiful example of the genre.

Use the poll to register your vote, i'd hope you've watched a few anime and live action films before you vote, but i'm not forcing anyone.

So Anime Vs Live Action. Who will win, there's only one way to find out... !!!!
This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
one more thought For those who love Disney animation. can you really say there is a big difference.1b1I88k0D7lROMey
Lurker
0 likes
I love Anime! It's great the way it can range from the utterly banal and stupid to really rather profound. My favourite anime series is Moon Phase because it has everything: romance, comedy, drama and loads more.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I will watch anime from time to time but only the really good ones. There is so much bullshit out there that it makes it hard to filter through. There are a few that stand out as just fabulous story telling where the animation actually adds to the story and is better that way. Some themes are very complex in anime and the ones that I like the most are the ones that touch on themes not usually found in western storytelling.

Some favorites include:

Ghost in the shell
Spirited Away
Perfect Blue
Akira

These four (some others too) transcend the fact that they are animation and rank amongst some of the best films ever made.

Its hard to reccomend though because 99% of the anime I've seen has an underlying immaturity to it. About sex and human relationships especially.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by pumpertruck
one more thought For those who love Disney animation. can you really say there is a big difference.CI0KhDr6vK7eor2i

A good point and I'm glad you brought it up. On a very basic level i think its fair to say that Disney is created primarily for children, they're good films and no mistake, little bits are always added the humour the parents inevitably dragged along, but they are stories designed for children with a simple 'message' underlying within for them to learn from.

Anime on the other hand is much more complex in its writing and creation. They deal with complex themes and even though many are written for younger audiences, just as many are created specifically for those who are older (from mid teens and up) some of the films are even R rated because of levels of violence and such. 'Childish' humour appears in most of them I will admit, and the fanciful creatures and bright colours could be misconstrued as a child's entertainment but its merely adding a sense of fun and humour to the whole affair and does not mean that the films aren't primarily for older audiences. Even if you're 50 you'll laugh as a character falling over.

This might not convince everyone but its how i have always seen it.
This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
As you can probably tell from my avatar I am a huge fan of anime. I prefer Mecha stuff to the more magical things that are out there. Gundam over Naruto.

I do draw the line at hentai however. It just does nothing for me.

I do think Cosplay however is very sexy