Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music

last reply
15 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Which one of you is responsible for this crap? Wow. And yes, I know today's market is bigger/better/global/whatever. But still.. yikes!!!

This is all your fault!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Reading that pretty much made me want to puke. I guess shallow bubble gum pop rules over quality!
That tells me that the young people of today have no idea what quality really is.
All this tells me is that music is more accessible to the general public in recent years. We can download music from various sites within minutes. Plus advertising is available on more mediums e.g. internet,social media sites,tv,radio,games etc...(even you tube has flippen adverts on most of their songs). The reason Beiber is so popular was because of you tube. He was discovered by posting his own songs on it. In fact if it wasn't for you tube I would not have such a diverse variety of music loves. I normally find songs\artists on there and then download them from Amazon or from the Apple store. I think that if any of these artists were publishing their stuff today they would have a team of advertising gurus who would spin them out through all available advertising channels and help them push their sales up...
I pee'ed a little in my panties at Number 12 from laughing so hard
I thought it was just me getting old and didn't like today's so called 'music' as I can remember my mother saying exactly the same to me when she used to hear me listening to The Rolling Stones.

They just don't seem to have decent groups/bands like they used to.
Quote by Loislane
All this tells me is that music is more accessible to the general public in recent years. We can download music from various sites within minutes. Plus advertising is available on more mediums e.g. internet,social media sites,tv,radio,games etc...(even you tube has flippen adverts on most of their songs). The reason Beiber is so popular was because of you tube. He was discovered by posting his own songs on it. In fact if it wasn't for you tube I would not have such a diverse variety of music loves. I normally find songs\artists on there and then download them from Amazon or from the Apple store. I think that if any of these artists were publishing their stuff today they would have a team of advertising gurus who would spin them out through all available advertising channels and help them push their sales up...

couldn't agree more

more accessibility = more sales

but #12 is spot on!!!!!!
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

12 is accurate. I prefer Michael Jackson to Rhianna, though.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

I think all the good music styles died out in the early 2000s. I'm currently watching music from my highschool days circa 1997.
If I was feeling a little depressed before, then that was the clincher. But then I think of the lifespan of some of the greats. Does anyone honestly believe that Billy Ray or Justin Beiber will hold up like Led Zep or Jimi. Rhianna will never be Tina Turner.
I am not sure whether to laugh or cry!! Music, or maybe I should say what they call music today is so much based on what the artist looks like than their actual talent. Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson etc have made it based on appearance and the magic of recording technology. Justin Bieber I just cant explain, LOL!! Even Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian have had songs that have been pretty sucessful, thats scary!!

And while I am not a fan, people like Rhianna and Lady Gaga do have some talent.

Just look at who is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and who has been snubbed.

And I agree that in 20yrs, most of these people will be long gone but people wil still be listening to the Stones, Zep, Jimi, etc!
I agree with Nikki703, and that is such a joy. You should see the lineup of people I have had to agree with in the past on any number of matters. To be able to agree with somebody with your physical gifts just makes my day, gives me that warm fuzzy all over. Say, you remind me of a lady I once knew in Hot Springs. Probably not her, of course, it was a good twenty years ago. Then again, she was awfully young back them. No, surely not. But if you ever make it to Harlem, send me a message, I know this great bed and breakfast there, it's very discreet. I know the owner, he taught me how to play Jazz on the Saxophone. Do you like Coltrane?
I know that part of this is that so many more people download music than any way of counting before, but still. How do we compare the Beatles to the Biebs? sad
I have to agree with Nikki, and let me tell you how much joy it is to agree with somebody as physically gifted as you are. You would not believe the lineup of people I have had to agree with on various issues over my long and distinguished....career in politics. A few weren't bad. I think that Benazir Bhutto had a very nice bhutto underneath her burkha, but she hardly ever took that thing out for a stroll, and that is just tragic. That gal from Argentina, too. You want to talk about an ass that just won't quit? Too bad I'm retired or I would have set up a deep summit with that by now. But where were we? Oh yes the classics. Classic bodies like yours love classic music, the two go so well together. Say Nikki, if you ever make it down to Harlem I know this great bed and breakfast, very discrete. I know the owner, he taught me how to play Jazz on the saxophone. Do you like Coltrane?
Quote by Bill_Clinton
I have to agree with Nikki, and let me tell you how much joy it is to agree with somebody as physically gifted as you are. You would not believe the lineup of people I have had to agree with on various issues over my long and distinguished....career in politics. A few weren't bad. I think that Benazir Bhutto had a very nice bhutto underneath her burkha, but she hardly ever took that thing out for a stroll, and that is just tragic. That gal from Argentina, too. You want to talk about an ass that just won't quit? Too bad I'm retired or I would have set up a deep summit with that by now. But where were we? Oh yes the classics. Classic bodies like yours love classic music, the two go so well together. Say Nikki, if you ever make it down to Harlem I know this great bed and breakfast, very discrete. I know the owner, he taught me how to play Jazz on the saxophone. Do you like Coltrane?

Mr President, You're too kind!! I dont live that far away from you. Id love to visit sometime, but please no cigars, I refuse to have a 3some with Hillary (she isnt my type) and I expect you to have my dress dry cleaned before I leave!!!
Nikki, hear you loud and clear. Hillary would have none of it anyway. When it comes to sex, she is her own man..in a manner of speaking, of course.
Number one fact is ,,they will never be heard 5 years from now,,like the music from 60-70,s ,,they will always be around
Im rather young compared to most people. But I love older music far more than this newer shit. That last photo made me laugh so hard.
"Do you want to live to work or work to live"

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

"Always hold you head up high, never come off weak"

Michael
Quote by Sirene_Jaune
I think all the good music styles died out in the early 2000s. I'm currently watching music from my highschool days circa 1997.

Thank you! older music as well, thanks to my older siblings and cousins.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Pop music is so flaky, teeny bopper and shallow. I like country the best and some rock.
That honestly made me cringe inside. its amazing how the talents that have influenced these "popular" artists are at the bottom of the respect list.