Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

It's Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) - How do you have yours?

last reply
43 replies
2.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Quote by cooldaddy
Pancakes with maple syrup and BACON? You Americans don't half have some funny ideas!

We Canucks serve them with maple syrup and sausages (or bacon).

I used to wait tables at our Boy Scout pancake supper and we actually served something called skillet strips instead of bacon. Haven't had them since and couldn't tell you what was in them. I always went for sausages anyway when my shift was over and I got to eat.
Quote by Burquette
One of my childhood traumas was being diagnosed with diabetes and being told that I couldn't have pancakes OR syrup anymore.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in my forties (probably not long before I joined Lush, actually) so had to back off on the maple syrup. Pancakes just aren't the same without it, though, so I tend to just have them less often and try to use as little syrup as possible. My glucose is still controlled without drugs so I can tolerate a little extra sugar now and then.
Story Verifier
Quote by Liz
I flip mine. smile

Quote by seeker4

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in my forties (probably not long before I joined Lush, actually) so had to back off on the maple syrup. Pancakes just aren't the same without it, though, so I tend to just have them less often and try to use as little syrup as possible. My glucose is still controlled without drugs so I can tolerate a little extra sugar now and then.

I sneak pancakes in now and I use the lite syrup, rather than the sugar-free. I never did get used to it and it has sugar alcohols in it, anyway, which raised my blood sugar.

You have it harder. My diabetes is just insulin replacement. If I can find the right insulin amount and delivery time, I can eat almost anything.
Quote by Burquette

You have it harder. My diabetes is just insulin replacement. If I can find the right insulin amount and delivery time, I can eat almost anything.

You make it sound so easy (but I've known type 1 diabetics before and I know it's not). biggrin
Quote by cooldaddy
Pancakes with maple syrup and BACON? You Americans don't half have some funny ideas!

The correct way to eat pancakes is clearly with maple syrup (thank you CANADA!!) and lots of bacon or sausage. I'm talking breakfast sausage, not franks. Mmmmmm..
I made them last night, in honor of the Holiday (this is one the US needs to take up. This and Boxing day)

I use milk instead of water and my pancakes come out big and fluffy :-) Just had the last bit of them right now. Damn, I was out of bacon.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Lurker
Flipped with lemon and sugar.
Active Ink Slinger
Simmerdown,

If you are ever in Austin, I will introduce you to Kerbey Lane Cafe. Pancakes are one of their specialties. BTW, when I was in the Army, I spent a week at a friend's place in Vermont, harvesting and making maple syrup.
Lurker
Either with lemon and sugar, or with maple syrup.
Quote by 69Kisses96
Simmerdown,

If you are ever in Austin, I will introduce you to Kerbey Lane Cafe. Pancakes are one of their specialties. BTW, when I was in the Army, I spent a week at a friend's place in Vermont, harvesting and making maple syrup.

You, my friend, are ON! Then its bar, beer and music! (and girl watching, of course, lol!)

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Quote by bluetattoo
Flipped with lemon and sugar.

Are you talking flap jacks or crepes? We eat em' thick and cakey.

Active Ink Slinger
Quote by Simmerdownchick

You, my friend, are ON! Then its bar, beer and music! (and girl watching, of course, lol!)

I've got you covered. I'll even get you one of these.