Login

Cilantro/Coriander YES/NO?

last reply
18 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cat lover =^..^=
I love it. But it all depends when to use it.
Lurker
I use chopped cilantro a lot, mostly in the Mexican food that I cook, but I also like it in eggs, meat loaf, chili, stew, lots of things....I was accused of liking it so much that I would put it in a cake, but thats not the case.
Delicious but depends what it is on. We use it mostly in salad-y type things (our Chick Pea-Avocado salad for instance) but I also like it in Mexican food as ReesesPiece mentions.
Bonnet Flaunter
I can cope with coriander seed and love the flavour and cook a lot with it in winter for curries, but for some reason, the leaf (like green tea) does not agree with me at all!

I'm team aversion (or at least dietary intolerance) with coriander leaf, like Laura!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
Count me in on team aversion to corriander!

What hastened my dislike was this beer, ubiqitous here in Colorado, brewed with...ew...wait for it...corriander.

Undrinkable.

Rainbow Warrior
Cilantro on my Mexican rice please. You can keep the coriander.
Perhaps we need to be clear here, in my neck of the woods, cilantro generally refers to the leaves (ie. is an herb), coriander generally refers to the ground seeds (ie. is a spice), though I've heard coriander used for the herb as well. I like both but use them in different ways.

Cilantro is more for salads and seasoning certain ethnic cuisines (Mexican, some Southeast Asian dishes).

Coriander I mainly use in Indian cooking.
Active Ink Slinger
When I could enjoy food, it was one of those herbs/spices that I liked, but a little went a long way. It was such a strong flavor to me that I may buy a bunch for a dish I was cooking, but unless I was using it in a dish I was catering and needed a lot, it would wind up spoiling in my fridge before I could use it all.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by Verbal
Count me in on team aversion to corriander!

What hastened my dislike was this beer, ubiqitous here in Colorado, brewed with...ew...wait for it...corriander.

Undrinkable.

I am with you 100%.
Cilantro is delicious. A must on tacos, ceviche, and other authentic Mexican dishes.
Nerdzilla
Quote by curvygalore
I can cope with coriander seed and love the flavour and cook a lot with it in winter for curries, but for some reason, the leaf (like green tea) does not agree with me at all!

I'm team aversion (or at least dietary intolerance) with coriander leaf, like Laura!

This! Also, I love Blue Moon. Verbal's taste buds are null and void. biggrin
Lurker
I was actually going to post this exact thread....

I love cilantro!

I feel like it's a refreshing addition to any dish. I actually try to find food that I can add it to because I love the taste.

Anything Mexican or Thai I use cilantro. As a keto dish one of my favorites is shrimp with chili peppers, garlic and cilantro.

My mom's side of the family is whitebread American and they all seem to hate any flavoring beyond salt and pepper.

I also love parsley, mint, etc... I find subtle greenery quite refreshing.
Active Ink Slinger
My ancestry is Norwegian and Swedish. Cilantro is not generally used. Dill and mint are more common. On the other hand, my wife's mother is Cuban American and she uses cilantro quite often. I can take it or leave it.
Yes!!!!
Makes so many things taste way better
Salsa
Guacamole
Steak Tacos!!
Sensual Hobgoblin
A big yes to cilantro and probably 96% no to coriander. Also a big no to wheat beer of any brand.

I just published a new story, https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/pussy-time-2 It's a Flash with a humorous twist and, of course, hot sex. So quick, fun read. Hope you enjoy!

Then there's https://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/naked-and-afraid A wife is home alone when two criminals break in to rob her. She's afraid and that's when it gets interesting A super story full of great sex, with a BDSM slant, that will hold your interest.

If you enjoy either, please comment. My ego needs a boost, ha! Thanks.

Advanced Wordsmith
Cilantro tastes like soap to me, and it's not a subtle soap taste. It ruins what ever it's in, even in small doses.
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by ComradePete
Cilantro tastes like soap to me, and it's not a subtle soap taste. It ruins what ever it's in, even in small doses.

I'm the same. It tastes like someone shaved soap into my dish if there's cilantro. Even if it isn't mentioned, I'll know. I always substitute parsley.

I hear it's a genetic thing.
Most Lush moderators will accept tips (read: bribes).