Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Which additional features / services / sections would you like to see added to LushStories.com?

last reply
116 replies
8.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by oddball
I think an iPod app like the one for facebook would be boss. But when it comes to chat I would like chat room as well as personnal messaging.

It's there already and you can creat your own playlist on your profile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by bikebum1975
Quote by oddball
I think an iPod app like the one for facebook would be boss. But when it comes to chat I would like chat room as well as personnal messaging.

It's there already and you can creat your own playlist on your profile

He means and Ipod application in the sense that he can run lushstories from his ipod. I think its a great idea, but you can already log onto lush from your ipod/iphone, it works normally, I have tried it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How about being able to post pictures in profile comments like you can in the forum so your don't have to have one with an link and can use your personal photos?
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Chat logs?
please

I would love to be able to look back on what I talked to other people about before. Even if it is just a few lines.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
To cut down on the effect of some hater giving your story a 1 or 2, and also self voting and a friend giving you a 5 just for being your friend, how about throwing out the lowest and the highest vote?

Its true that most stories have many 5s and some have more than a few 1s or 2s, but one asshole can be kept from wrecking the average this way.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jillicious
Chat logs?
please

I would love to be able to look back on what I talked to other people about before. Even if it is just a few lines.

Oh iI like that idea myself but some others may not like it so much.
Matriarch
0 likes
If you had a really nice conversation and want to keep it for some reason, copy and paste, save it on your hard drive.

The server load from the chat rooms is significant. Saving chat logs on our server would soon fill it up, even with dual 500Gb hard drives, you guys sure can type!
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
To cut down on the effect of some hater giving your story a 1 or 2, and also self voting and a friend giving you a 5 just for being your friend, how about throwing out the lowest and the highest vote?

Its true that most stories have many 5s and some have more than a few 1s or 2s, but one asshole can be kept from wrecking the average this way.

A few votes will be insignificant over time LadyX as more and more people vote for the story. Your method would toss out legitimate votes from people too, which wouldn't be right.

You shouldn't be able to vote for your own story, it's programmed so you can't (unless you really wanted to jump through a lot of hoops). I can't see the point of self voting, surely as a writer you should be interested in what others think about your work, rather than trying to bump up some fairly meaningless statistics.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Surely as a writer you should be interested in what others think about your work, rather than trying to bump up some fairly meaningless statistics.

Me? Absolutely correct, and it's not me I am concerned about on this, otherwise I would not suggest that it be eliminated. Anyway, from what you tell me, it already is. And as long as the scores are used to judge and rank us I don't find it meaningless. Just throwing it out there. thx.
Matriarch
0 likes
I know X. Those scores are now adjusted, troublemaker gone.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
If you had a really nice conversation and want to keep it for some reason, copy and paste, save it on your hard drive.

The server load from the chat rooms is significant. Saving chat logs on our server would soon fill it up, even with dual 500Gb hard drives, you guys sure can type!

Geez only a pair of 500GBs? tiny ain't it? lmao just teasin Nicki
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Lady Lydia and i were bouncing PM's back and forth after she redesigned her sig line. It occurred to both of us that the process would be a LOT easier if the sig line edit feature included a preview function.

Rumple Foreskin
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by RumpleForeskin
Lady Lydia and i were bouncing PM's back and forth after she redesigned her sig line. It occurred to both of us that the process would be a LOT easier if the sig line edit feature included a preview function.

Rumple Foreskin

Changing anything with the forum software is pretty much off limits. Gav didn't code it, and apparently it's a nightmare.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Quote by RumpleForeskin

Rumple Foreskin

Changing anything with the forum software is pretty much off limits. Gav didn't code it, and apparently it's a nightmare.

I was afraid that might be the case.. Much more trouble than it'd be worth. I'll just go and admire my fine looking new rank/name.

How's Gave doing?

Rumple Foreskin
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Matriarch
0 likes
He's not very well, he has the German measles.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Quote by nicola
He's not very well, he has the German measles.

Oh, shit. Look, do me a favor. When he recovers, pound on his head while shouting, "MMR (measle, mumps & rubella vacinations are a goodness!"

Rumple Foreskin

Artistic Tart
0 likes
Maybe a get well soon/condolences thread or forum would be good. There seem to be more and more of those going around, and it would give them a designated place. With over 32,000 members and growing, those will get more common, especially if people feel comfortable sharing like they seem to. Yes, I know only a small fraction of that is active on forum, but a few of us thought it was a good idea.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Maybe a get well soon/condolences thread or forum would be good. There seem to be more and more of those going around, and it would give them a designated place. With over 32,000 members and growing, those will get more common, especially if people feel comfortable sharing like they seem to. Yes, I know only a small fraction of that is active on forum, but a few of us thought it was a good idea.

Maybe another one to add to that might be a happy birthday thread as well
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by bikebum1975
Quote by LadyX

Maybe another one to add to that might be a happy birthday thread as well

that's a good idea too! get all the announcements out of the other rooms, ya?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by iceman
I know there have been questions and complaints about a story not being on the front page when first published. I recently had one published that was relegated to the 2nd page! I know everyone loves to read just a little bit about a particular story before clicking on it, but if just that part... about 3-4 lines... were deleted, leaving the title and comments line... the front page listing could be doubled. I certainly wouldn't mind that with my stories..

Comments??

Maybe instead of the first couple lines of the story being under the title it should be the short description that you add when you are publishing. I know that with my stories the first couple of lines really don't tell the reader what the story is going to be about. That's what I thought the short description was going to be for the very first time I posted a story.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
It would also be useful if there was a place to write a short note to the moderator reviewing your story before it's approved. This could be placed on the page where you write in your tags, description, story title etc.

An example why this would be useful would be: On some of the stories I post I sometimes have a hard time picking a category. One of my latest I posted under anal and then a couple of days later I started reading in the section and realized that it would have been more appropriate in that category. If there was a place to write a note to the moderator I could ask him/her to override my category pick to the one they feel is more appropriate if necessary. The mods knowing the site better than anyone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been wondering.... I've recently read a wonderful love story here on lush, "Canon, Part 1". In it, they mentioned the wonderful music, "Canon in D". I was wondering if there is a way to have a button attached to the story so people can have a certain song or music, of the author's choosing, play during their reading. It would add a wonderful effect to the eroticism and sensuality of some stories, like playing that Canon in D while reading the story. I wouldn't have it automatically start, but maybe a start/stop button lets the reader choose that.

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by iceman
I've been wondering.... I've recently read a wonderful love story here on lush, "Canon, Part 1". In it, they mentioned the wonderful music, "Canon in D". I was wondering if there is a way to have a button attached to the story so people can have a certain song or music, of the author's choosing, play during their reading. It would add a wonderful effect to the eroticism and sensuality of some stories, like playing that Canon in D while reading the story. I wouldn't have it automatically start, but maybe a start/stop button lets the reader choose that.

Quite impossible Iceman, for so many reasons. Don't you have a cd player and the cd?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Quote by iceman

Quite impossible Iceman, for so many reasons. Don't you have a cd player and the cd?

Yes, I do... I was just thinking it would be a great addition to stories. Too bad it can't be done though.
Thank you for your reply.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Now this, I don't know if our Tech God Gav can do or if it's even possible:

Would it be possible, instead of having "online" under the name of friends and people online,

to have "traffic lights" appear in the corner of the avatar? They could be:

Red..........Offline

Amber......Away/Busy

Green.......Online/Accepting chats

If not the little lights, then just those words.

When a member changes their "status" the lights would also change
showing others that they are available, busy, or offline.

This will give a little more information as to the status of friends.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How about a search function to find all a specified members forum posts?

and

PLEASE I want to post my own images in my friends comments not url links just like you can in the forum PLEASE all mighty code monkey I can provide bribes! hehehe
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Code Monkey
0 likes
@bunny

Maybe as a workaround, until I can clear some of my backlo, on your image gallery, it gives you the full url for each of your images. There's no reason why you couldnt upload an image to your gallery, take this url and copy it to the comments area of your friend.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Quote by iceman
Quote by nicola
Quote by iceman

Yes, I do... I was just thinking it would be a great addition to stories. Too bad it can't be done though.
Thank you for your reply.

However, people could write in the short text before the story starts "to get in the right mood play theese songs"
they could even make sure to have it in their playlist or maybe in their youtube clips.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gav
@bunny

Maybe as a workaround, until I can clear some of my backlo, on your image gallery, it gives you the full url for each of your images. There's no reason why you couldnt upload an image to your gallery, take this url and copy it to the comments area of your friend.

Well thanks All Mighty Code Monkey never thought of that!!! Aren't you just tricky!

Praise to the all mighty Gav!
Bunny12

Lurker
0 likes
The only thing I would add to that is to make sure the image isn't huge. Otherwise, you'll swamp the comments section of your friend.