What happened to my paragraphs!?

last reply
9 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Whilst editing a story most of the paragraphs mysteriously disappeared. This happened as I saved my draft but I don't know how or why. Is there anything I can do to get them back without very laboriously editing them all back in.
0 likes
Read this story submission issues thread regarding the new editor.

My suggestion would be that while Gav is ironing out the issues with the new submission box that you copy your work before you go to the preview page. It may also be handy to save yourself a draft in an inbox to yourself also. I don't think you will be able to retrieve your paragraphs without doing it yourself, unfortunately.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
We're having a few issues at the mo. Gav is working on it, so maybe hold off making changes for the moment in case what he does changes it back again.

Thanks, J x
The Linebacker
0 likes
We apologize for the inconvenience. This is growing pains from making an upgrade and ironing out the issues. The paragraphing is giving us fits but it will be taken care of. Like Jen said, save a copy of your final draft before submitting. And it wouldn't hurt to postpone your new submissions a couple of days until this is all resolved. Gav always does a tremendous job and doesn't stop until it's all good.

Thanks for your patience.
Buz
Senior Moderator
0 likes
I've noticed that double paragraphs work when pasting it in. Worth a try.
Matriarch
0 likes
Gav is on the case.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Gav is on the case.

I smell shenanigans. I know you ate them, Nic. With graham crackers, pudding, and chocolate bars. You're just trying to get your stories straight.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I think we've got a handle on this, folks. Gav has been very hard at work. So, it's business as usual now.

0 likes
Fortunately I do all my work offline and then cut and paste. I only do small edits requested by the mods "online". Nonetheless, glad to hear it got fixed before I submit my comp entry (if I can ever overcome my niggling perfectionism and actually let go of the story).
Editor at large
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I think we've got a handle on this, folks. Gav has been very hard at work. So, it's business as usual now.

Really? I'm still seeing stories without paragraph formatting and poetry without stanzas.
It seems rather hit and miss whether correct formatting is applied. Plus the spacing between lines appears to be a full line, much too deep.
Sorry, but from a reader's viewpoint at this stage, the previous formatting remains greatly superior.