last reply
37 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
Hi

I have added a new experimental feature for Video (or audio only) Chat. This is available for chatting with your friends for all paying subscribers. You should see the option listed in their Interact With section.

When you enter the chat, your audio and video will be muted. If you would prefer this option disabled, let me know.

Users on mobile devices will be prompted to download the app (from jitsi), you don't need to install this. Instead choose the option to open in the browser.

I've had limited tests on this (thanks @Natalya Von!), so please provide feedback below.

Happy chatting.
0 likes
Voice chat is clear.
Make sure you are on desktop or use the desktop version on your device(I use SAMSUNG TABLETS to Lush)
and noticed that the application thinks I am on mobile so guessing it might be the same assumption w/ iPad?

Please let us know what you think.

And users, don't ask for add ons, this isn't one of those other apps. It's simple to use too;So easy!!!

Thankyou Nic and Gav for making the lush experience that much more enjoyable.

If you are iffy w/ it, then call me up.
I'll help you.

--

Oh, cam works great! Just make sure to clean your device and ta-da.
Lurker
0 likes
How do I get the ‘Interact with’ section to display under my profile?
Lurker
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by Ealdon

It's not present when you visit your own page. It only appears on your friends.
Matriarch
0 likes
Brilliant work Gav.

This has been a requested feature for I don't know how many years.

I'm delighted that technology has moved forward enough for us to make this happen.

Well done my friend!
Matriarch
0 likes
This is still in beta trials of course so please give us as much feedback as possible and we will try and iron out any issues here or with the developers, that may arise dependent on device / browser etc..
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Ealdon

"It's not present when you visit your own page. It only appears on your friends."

Apologies Gav, I deleted the duplicated post and it took your reply with it!
Site administrator
0 likes
I dont have a camera on my laptop but I do have a very old single use Kodak camera with a USB port on. So if I connect that will this feature work for me?

Clumeleon
0 likes
Could this also be added to the drop-down list of interactions that appears when you hover over an avatar in your Friends list?
0 likes
Does blocking private chat in privacy block this? If not, can we have an option to? I am usually hidden when I am on anyhow but voice/video chatting is even more not happening with me than text chatting.

e.g. this:

Tinker Bell
0 likes
This is an awesome feature I am sure many users will enjoy.

MrDriven and I will be sure to give it a try and let you know our feedback ~ I’m sure it will be awesome!

Thank you Gav for all you do for the site. You are awesome!

Thanks to Nicola too for always enhancing the user experience.
Please read my naughty new Micro.

~Famished~

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/famished-1

0 likes
Yes, I suppose a block feature would be needed for users who don't wish to receive video chat request as stated by seeker.

Other then that, there's only been an issue of it sounding iffy and I used both of my devices. I came to the conclusion that it was the other users wi-fi.

You can type as well during the chat-at the bottom far left corner there's a little chat icon and you can still easily receive blk box messages from other users.

I'll chat w/ others and see if any issues arise.

And of course, you can only video chat w/ friends on your list.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Does blocking private chat in privacy block this? If not, can we have an option to? I am usually hidden when I am on anyhow but voice/video chatting is even more not happening with me than text chatting.

e.g. this:

This should be active in the next release.
0 likes
Quote by gav

This should be active in the next release.

(See, this is where reactions are nice to have. I could have just clicked "Like" instead of posting.)
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks, this a great feature!!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

(See, this is where reactions are nice to have. I could have just clicked "Like" instead of posting.)

and cheat of us your lovely words and emojis? perish the thought!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Tried a video chat with Sprite last night.

She was completely nude.

Best. feature. ever.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Tried a video chat with Sprite last night.

She was completely nude.

Best. feature. ever.

you promised not to tell.

and so was Liz

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by sprite
you promised not to tell.

and so was Liz

I forgot. Sorry.

And I wasn't completely nude.

Just pulled my panties to one side for you.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Liz

I forgot. Sorry.

And I wasn't completely nude.

Just pulled my panties to one side for you.

tart

Coffee Fanatic
0 likes
I think this is going to be fun feature to try out.

However, I have one question is this for one on one or can you talk with a couple of friends at the same time?
"Yeah, we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun." John Lennon

Take a look at my new poem for the competition:

0 likes

Quote by Soleil_Rouge
I think this is going to be fun feature to try out.

However, I have one question is this for one on one or can you talk with a couple of friends at the same time?

At the bottom right there's a little + and it gives you a link to share for others to join.

I haven't tried it seeing as I only chat w/ guys mainly and I doubt they'll want to interact.

--

Oh, or did you mean to have multiple links open?
Well, I'll have to see but I think it'll be strange.
But yes to being able to send link for others to join.

Matriarch
0 likes
How is everyone finding the new feature?

We'd expected a lot more feedback considering the number of requests we had.

Perhaps word literally hasn't got out yet?

It would be nice if down the track it could be built in to our chat rooms, but for now, this is as much as time and the very limited budget allow.
Lurker
0 likes
I love it, it's great and it works.
0 likes
I'll keep putting the word out in the chatrooms.

Hopefully others use it as it does have a place to type as well.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

I'll keep putting the word out in the chatrooms.

Hopefully others use it as it does have a place to type as well.

Thank you!
0 likes

Both setups are easy to use but this one is so clean.

You babes keep dropping dopeness on us.

Thankyou!!!

Had another chat and the only thing I can say is that if you use a tablet
(Samsung Galaxy Tablet for me) and you have screen set up to timeout after 2min(and locks),
then the person w/ whom you are chatting w/ won't hear you.

I thought it was like Skype where you can lock device but chat is still going on but no.

You can easily still be active in a chat room, be elsewhere on the interwebs w/ chat still being active.

So remember, don't allow your screen to timeout or you'll be talking to nothing and you'll hear babe ask, "are you there?"

And yes, many members didn't know about this new option but I continue to encourage them to use it.

Matriarch
0 likes
Bump for awareness of the new feature.
Lurker
0 likes
I can't unmute the microphone for audio.