Login

trouble seeing stories

last reply
16 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
I get the top banner, the side buttons, the forum of course but all the stories are blank. Can you suggest what settings I might check to get the stories again?
Code Monkey
does it happen on every story page or just some?

does it go away with a full refresh, i.e. shift f5?

what browser/version are you using?

thanks
Matriarch
Are you using Firefox and adblocker?
Active Ink Slinger
I've had the same problem occasionally too, using explorer. I just hit refresh, and the story comes up on the second attempt. Not sure what the problem is, I just blamed it on the fact I use dialup, and things don't always load for me. It sucks being stuck in the stone age. lol
Rookie Scribe
I use firefox, it always happens and does not come back with refresh
Matriarch
Quote by pepper80
I use firefox, it always happens and does not come back with refresh

Try turning off your Firefox Addons, one by one. That is usually the problem.

It doesn't sound like any advert issues as a refresh would pull up a new set of adverts. Do you have Flash installed?
Mr Nobody
Quote by Jebru
I've had the same problem occasionally too, using explorer. I just hit refresh, and the story comes up on the second attempt. Not sure what the problem is, I just blamed it on the fact I use dialup, and things don't always load for me. It sucks being stuck in the stone age. lol

yup I have the same but on broadband ...
Code Monkey
Ok so we have two issues here.

1. Stories do not show at all. Most likely a plugin blocking the content. Do any ads show/flash?

2. Stories do not appear, without a refresh. I suspect this is an ad again, but a single one causing this issue. If someone could let me know what ads are shown when the story doesnt show I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Active Ink Slinger
I submitted a couple stories but they dont show up on my profile...... is it just me? (I'm new too)
Code Monkey
@old501levis

New stories posted have to be verified by a moderator first.

You should be receiving a message from them soon.
Lurker
You got one on the board today Levi. Good story. Well written. Was a pleasure to approve it.
Rookie Scribe
I don't see any ads, just the top banner side buttons and the bottom disclaimers etc. Everything but the stories.
Rookie Scribe
okay problem solved, It was "adwraper" I turned the filter off and wala!
Lurker
I was just gonna say the same thing Gav said; some Firefox blocking add-on.
Mr Nobody
Quote by chefkathleen
You got one on the board today Levi. Good story. Well written. Was a pleasure to approve it.

Even better if he remember dialogue should be separated by paragraphs. Each time a different character speaks,
this should start a new paragraph, even if it is only a single word
Matriarch
Thank heavens for Ctrl+C, Ctrl+P