Story Verification Time and the Queue

last reply
7 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Charming as fuck
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to update anyone who has submitted a story for verification and is wondering if it has been lost in the ether!

The queue is currently sitting at about 50 stories, and has been for the past wee while now. No matter how many we get through in a day, the number always creeps back up again. This is great news for the site, as it reflects our popularity and it's wonderful to see so many people posting stories here, and indeed to see so many new faces and names recently.

I know it can be frustrating when you're waiting to get your story on the front page, and aren't sure what's holding it up. If ever you want to know where your story is in the queue, just send me a pm and i can let you know. I won't say pm any story mod, as they will probably hit me, lol, but seriously, if you are desperate to know, i'm quite happy to help out.

You, as authors, can help out as much as you can by checking, checking and re-checking a story before you submit it. We don't want you to be waiting a few days and then find we have to send it back to you for editing. We're just as keen to get your story published as you are but bear in mind, with us being so busy, we have less time to fix errors than we used to.

As you are all aware, there is a current competition on, which means the number of submission entries is likely to increase over the next few weeks. A wee reminder that mods don't edit these pieces, so again, check them thoroughly before you enter them to minimize the possibility of them being sent back.

Finally, please also remember that those who have purchased gold memberships get to queue jump. If you are a prolific author here, this is a sure-fire way of getting your stories attended to as quickly as we can.

Thanks for your patience and happy lushing,

Echelon xx
Cocolicious
Please also be aware that the processing for stories these days is close to five days. It is important, as Echelon has said, to check and recheck your story if you want a speedy posting. You may also contact me if you have questions regarding your story.

In addition, if you wish to become a story moderator, please contact me via PM so that we can discuss your suitability for the role.

Thank you for your patience.
Quote by Echelon
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to update anyone who has submitted a story for verification and is wondering if it has been lost in the ether!

The queue is currently sitting at about 50 stories, and has been for the past week while now. No matter how many we get through in a day, the number always creeps back up again. This is great news for the site, as it reflects our popularity and it's wonderful to see so many people posting stories here, and indeed to see so many new faces and names recently.

I know it can be frustrating when you're waiting to get your story on the front page, and aren't sure what's holding it up. If ever you want to know where your story is in the queue, just send me a pm and i can let you know. I won't say pm any story mod, as they will probably hit me, lol, but seriously, if you are desperate to know, i'm quite happy to help out.

You, as authors, can help out as much as you can by checking, checking and re-checking a story before you submit it. We don't want you to be waiting a few days and then find we have to send it back to you for editing. We're just as keen to get your story published as you are but bear in mind, with us being so busy, we have less time to fix errors than we used to.

As you are all aware, there is a current competition on, which means the number of submission entries is likely to increase over the next few weeks. A wee reminder that mods don't edit these pieces, so again, check them thoroughly before you enter them to minimize the possibility of them being sent back.

Finally, please also remember that those who have purchased gold memberships get to queue jump. If you are a prolific author here, this is a sure-fire way of getting your stories attended to as quickly as we can.

Thanks for your patience and happy lushing,

Echelon xx

kornslayer1 wrote:
I know with the gold membership, you can get your stories fast tracked, but it would be nice if we could see where your story is on the list or if it is being looked at currently.

Gold member stories go to the top of the list and get looked at Next. Anything more would likely open up the moderating team to nearly constant inquiries of "why isn't it finished yet?"

We do our very best to get stories out in a timely manner, and to give Gold members their due.

That's what Ravenstar said. I'm glad you like the idea, Echelon. I do agree people should buy a gold membership if only for that reason. I know the mods work hard to go through author's stories, therefore I always thank the mod for verifying my story. Only a handful of times since I became a gold member has it taken more than a day for a mod to get back to me, so it is worth it I think.

Time and time again I've heard about this issue with non gold members, and I'm sure it has gotten on the mods nerves to some extent. So, if you can't or just don't want to, (Not judging one way or another) buy a gold membership, don't press too hard on the mod's buttons. They are just people who have their own lives.

I thank all the mods that have verified my stories. Also, FYI, if you a gold member, make sure your badge is showing on your avatar when you submit, the mod may not be aware you are a gold member.
Cocolicious
Quote by kornslayer1

kornslayer1 wrote:
I know with the gold membership, you can get your stories fast tracked, but it would be nice if we could see where your story is on the list or if it is being looked at currently.

Gold member stories go to the top of the list and get looked at Next. Anything more would likely open up the moderating team to nearly constant inquiries of "why isn't it finished yet?"

We do our very best to get stories out in a timely manner, and to give Gold members their due.

That's what Ravenstar said. I'm glad you like the idea, Echelon. I do agree people should buy a gold membership if only for that reason. I know the mods work hard to go through author's stories, therefore I always thank the mod for verifying my story. Only a handful of times since I became a gold member has it taken more than a day for a mod to get back to me, so it is worth it I think.

Time and time again I've heard about this issue with non gold members, and I'm sure it has gotten on the mods nerves to some extent. So, if you can't or just don't want to, (Not judging one way or another) buy a gold membership, don't press too hard on the mod's buttons. They are just people who have their own lives.

I thank all the mods that have verified my stories. Also, FYI, if you a gold member, make sure your badge is showing on your avatar when you submit, the mod may not be aware you are a gold member.

This is not the case as all gold members' stories are system placed at the top of the queue automatically. If there are more than one gold member submissions at a time, chronological order (submission date and time) prevails.
Testing The Waters.
Quote by Coco

This is not the case as all gold members' stories are system placed at the top of the queue automatically. If there are more than one gold member submissions at a time, chronological order (submission date and time) prevails.

That's good to know, because it appears that the now missing "show wreath on avatar" setting is holding it's last selection, and I had mine turned off.

EDIT: Never mind. I just realized the setting wasn't where I thought it was *laugh*
Raised on Blackroot
Slackin' slackers.

You gotta pump that shit out like a crack whore snortin' coke.
Charming as fuck
Quote by MadMartigan
Slackin' slackers.

You gotta pump that shit out like a crack whore snortin' coke.

oh, slackers are we, mad? If you would just step into the office here. that's right, nothing to worry about...
Charming as fuck
Just bumping this. No comp at the mo, but it's still really busy. We'll get to you, we promise xx