Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Site Upgrades and a BIG Thank You to those who've taken out a Premium Membership

last reply
12 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Hi everyone,

I would like to say a big thank you, to all our members who have taken out a Premium Membership.

We really didn't expect many until the first of the "trial memberships" expire in April, and when the changes take effect for the majority of our members in July.

The show of support has been very heartwarming.

This has allowed us to start upgrading the site.

The first upgrade happened yesterday. We have been struggling along on a free version of MS SQL server, for many years, and the forums were starting to run at a crawl. This has been resolved by upgrading the software to the commercial version. I hope you notice a marked improvement. The forums are pretty much instantaneous for me.

Next on the list, is a new database server or two, which will share the load of our core site database. How we do this is currently being looked into, as "you would normally have a minimum of 3 servers participating in sharding / replication". We will have to see what kind of deal our host can put on the table.

All of our servers are now on a host managed basis, so hopefully downtime will be significantly reduced.

More updates to follow as they happen.

Thank you!

Nicola
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Replication and sharding - the sexy world of NoSQL

Excellent news on the take up- long may it continue
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
I have noticed a huge improvement in the forum. It is much faster now.

Thank you!
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
That's awesome that they are running faster now. I am hoping to get a silver membership when my financial situation is better. I been on Lush for over 5 years. Granted lately I haven't been on as much since life gets crazy at times. But I am making time to start being around more. smile Thanks for all you and Gav do for the site!!!
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Thank you Nicola. the forums really had been getting slow. I do notice a vast improvement.
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Definitely much better. Thanks!
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Hi everyone,

I would like to say a big thank you, to all our members who have taken out a Premium Membership.

We really didn't expect many until the first of the "trial memberships" expire in April, and when the changes take effect for the majority of our members in July.

The show of support has been very heartwarming.

This has allowed us to start upgrading the site.

The first upgrade happened yesterday. We have been struggling along on a free version of MS SQL server, for many years, and the forums were starting to run at a crawl. This has been resolved by upgrading the software to the commercial version. I hope you notice a marked improvement. The forums are pretty much instantaneous for me.

Next on the list, is a new database server or two, which will share the load of our core site database. How we do this is currently being looked into, as "you would normally have a minimum of 3 servers participating in sharding / replication". We will have to see what kind of deal our host can put on the table.

All of our servers are now on a host managed basis, so hopefully downtime will be significantly reduced.

More updates to follow as they happen.

Thank you!

Nicola

Nicola,
Actually I thank you! This site has become more than entertainment. It is a community for me. Much more than just an erotic site.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo

Nicola,
Actually I thank you! This site has become more than entertainment. It is a community for me. Much more than just an erotic site.

Kind of you to say ChuckEPoo. That was exactly my intention when I set it up, a long long time ago
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Moving on up, as they say.
The changes are so exciting!
It has me hanging around the Forums a bit more.
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola

If you need help with that just give me a shout.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by loud_bkr
If you need help with that just give me a shout.

Thank you lb. Gav is at the planning stages, working out our options.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just wanted to give a SHOUT OUT / YEY to all those working on the site development and maintenance. !

I joined a couple of years ago but was off for a little over a year. I would have been disappointed had the site gone away.

Since being back and asking a few questions from the staff I am getting the feel of the hard work you all do.
I do intend on paying for an upgrade in the near future. Finance is a bit of a problem at the moment.

So, Just saying I really enjoy the site and THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK!!