Login

Not losing your ‘place’ when logging in - again - on a mobile device

last reply
1 reply
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Problem: It happens every stinking time. I get a few minutes to read on a story on my cellphone, then get interrupted. Then my phone goes to sleep. Then I open it back up - and reopen the app/story that I was reading. Most of the time I can do that. Then I either get close to the end of the story I had been signed in and reading, or finish it because I was past that point where I was blocked if I wasn’t signed in AND I’M FORCED to login again. I can’t Score or Comment without being signed in. DAMN!
But, that’s not the worst of it. I go through the login (again, though the first time during this ‘wake up’ of the phone) AND NOW I CANNOT RESUME READING WHERE I WAS!!! While I may be able to ‘go back’ to the page/place I was when I was forced to leave and sign in again, when I do ‘go back’ to the place I was, I am once again not signed in. Not only that, but I cannot ‘save the location/page’ to come back to. So once I leave that page/place I have no way back

Solution: Allow ‘go back’ to remember that login just completed so you can return to where you left for Scoring or Comments.
Please!!! Thanks!
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Let's try and break this down.

Quote by akeyesx
Problem: It happens every stinking time. I get a few minutes to read on a story on my cellphone, then get interrupted. Then my phone goes to sleep. Then I open it back up - and reopen the app/story that I was reading. Most of the time I can do that. Then I either get close to the end of the story I had been signed in and reading, or finish it because I was past that point where I was blocked if I wasn’t signed in AND I’M FORCED to login again. I can’t Score or Comment without being signed in. DAMN!

So far, that's all correct. Limited reading for non-members has been a thing for ages to promote more signups to the site. Not being able to score and comment without being logged in has been the case for literally years to prevent anonymous abuse of that functionality e.g. spam commenting.

Quote by akeyesx
But, that’s not the worst of it. I go through the login (again, though the first time during this ‘wake up’ of the phone) AND NOW I CANNOT RESUME READING WHERE I WAS!!! While I may be able to ‘go back’ to the page/place I was when I was forced to leave and sign in again, when I do ‘go back’ to the place I was, I am once again not signed in. Not only that, but I cannot ‘save the location/page’ to come back to. So once I leave that page/place I have no way back

That is typical behaviour of most websites. When you log into an account most sites have, for want of a better phrase, a landing page. The ones that don't usually just reload that page you were already looking at but won't scroll you down to the exact position you were at. And why do you need to log back in? The site won't kick you out after a period of inactivity or if your phone locks. You might have an issue if you're using 'private tabs' but you didn't mention that.

Quote by akeyesx
Solution: Allow ‘go back’ to remember that login just completed so you can return to where you left for Scoring or Comments.
Please!!! Thanks!

The solution is to leave your mobile browser logged into Lush. That way you can read what you want, score, and comment on it, and if your phone locks and you unlock it again, you'll still be where you were.