Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Geographical pooling in member search

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
It would be nice if it was possible to choose continents or regions, for me the most relevant would probably be 'Europe' or 'Scandinavia', when you select location in a member search. Would make it easier to find people in more or less the same time zone with the added benefit of making fantasies about possible hook ups, even if they are just fantasies, more achievable.
I vaguely recall this coming up before. The main issues would be that it relies on members to fill in their location and not all do, and that, of course, people can easily lie about their location. That said, as long as users of the feature were warned of the limitations, I could get behind it.

(Yes, Nic could just force geo-location on us, but this site has always been pretty good about giving us a fair degree of privacy, and I would like to see that continue. And even that's not 100% as people using proxies or VPNs would show up in the region of their "exit node").
Actually I meant in the country search, not location. Isn't country obligatory on profiles?
MySpace used to have local searches where you could specify a friend search within a 25 mile radius, 50 mile radius, etc. And I think it was based on IP address, not stated location, so the relevant distances couldn't be faked by members lying about their true location (unless they know how to spoof their IP addy, and few actually do know how). On SweetWhores.org, we also confirm an applicant's true location by their IP address, so we limit the possibility of fakers/posers joining our girls-only site.
Perhaps instead of predefined regions, a multiselect option for countries would do (well, for Europeans at least, since we small countries). That way you could define your own region.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===