Formatting

last reply
7 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I submitted a new story today, and a dear fellow Lushie (who I'll keep anonymous) informed me that they couldn't read it because it wasn't paragraphed. The story looks absolutely fine to me, there is plenty of paragraphs and I submitted it with proper formatting. So I was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same problem when viewing it. The story can be found here: The Painter
Could this be a possible browser problem? Or just something I did wrong? I copied & pasted it from Word 2007, could that effect anything?
Check out my new story The Painter!
Lurker
0 likes
I use Firefox, and I know, sometimes, it will show as a block of text. When I view your story now, it shows two paragraphs. I don't know if that's how others see it.
When saving and pasting, one good technique I use is to paste it from Word into Notepad, then paste it from there to the site. Word has a lot of formatting that the site doesn't like.
New software is on the horizon to fix this.
Lurker
0 likes
I count roughly 17 paragraphs and Im using IE
Matriarch
0 likes
Looks perfect to me in IE.

Firefox I get just 2 paragraphs.

I think there are some browser issues going on.

In the New Year, once Gav clears his backlog, we're going to put in a new system which will hopefully clear up all these issues.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Alright, thanks for the help guys!
I'll paste it into Notepad and resubmit it, see if that makes a difference.
Check out my new story The Painter!
Code Monkey
0 likes
I've just upped the margin on the paragraph tags.

If you clear your cache (shift F5) see if that has any improvement.

I've tested in FF 3.5, IE 7 and 8.
Lurker
0 likes
That worked for Firefox 3.5.2!
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I just saw another manuscript submission, which with my freshly deleted temp file'd - most recent firefox loaded browser - showed up as 3 paragraphs, when I checked it out in MSIE 8.0 - it was nicely formatted with several paragraphs.

Live-n-learn.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.