Chat window popup

last reply
11 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Ok, just a small problem I have that makes me want to do this.....

The chat window pops up EVERY time the other person posts a message. Its so annoying if you're in the middle of something else and the window pops up in front of what you're doing.

Also if you're typing on something else e.g. this post, everytime the chat window pops up i start typing in the chat box instead of here gaaahhhhh!!

Just a small rant.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I second this!!! lol i'm not a fan of the chat window anyway, but when i do use it, it just makes me want to close it everytime.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree too, once I even sent the wrong message to a friend and it was embarrassing.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I like the pop up chat window. Usually it is someone who I enjoy chatting with. And it's not an intrusion to me, generally.

But then again, I've a 24" wide screen. Maybe if I was working with 17 or 19 inches it would be a bit annoying.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Code Monkey
0 likes
I'm afraid it was effecting all you Internet Explorer users.

I have removed the offending code, any better?
Lurker
0 likes
Darn. I was waiting for a chat request from Scar Jo.
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
it does it for fire fox too
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
Yep I'm firefox as well
Code Monkey
0 likes
Ok, it should be fixed for all browsers now, can you confirm?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've used the chat window with many people and like it. We usually use that itsy bitsy one from the profile to set it up first, that way both are ready.

Speaking of that itsy-bitsy window on the profile, any way to get that added to the "Friends List" pulldown, so you don't have to go to the profile to use it?

You could name them "Mini-Chat" and "Maxi-Chat".... hehehe
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
It's working right for me now. Thanks Gav!
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy