Login

Announcing our "Quick And Risqué Sex" Story Competition

last reply
80 replies
5.1k views
2 watchers
2 likes
Quick and Risqué Sex Competition

For this competition we want to read about quick, dirty and frantic sex.

Time is of the essence, you haven't got long ...

Competition Theme

Picture a scene in which sex is fast and frenetic. Maybe a stranger catches your eye in an empty train and you have ten minutes to make things happen before the end of the ride where a stale homelife beckons? You're trying on sexy outfits in a changing room and ask your partner for their opinion and one thing leads to another?

Perhaps you're in a job interview and decide to swing things in your favour? Your home help wants to earn a tip but your partner is scheduled to return home at any moment? Nightclub toilets anyone?

To represent the urgency of events, we are restricting the word count to 1,000 words for this competition.

All our standard story contest rules apply. All characters must be over the age of 16.

Prizes

Winner: $150
Second Place: $100
Third Place: $50

Full details and dates here >>

Oooo, can't wait to read all the quick and dirty entries!

Great word length for this speed reader too!
Quote by Ensorceled
I am on this like Ahab on Moby Dick.

Yaaaargh!
I don't know what is it is about these competitions, but they always give me an inspiration.
Quote by Ensorceled

So that’s what they meant when they shouted “there she blows” ?

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

For a book club with a difference... try this lesbian romp

Quote by Ensorceled

At least he didn't say, "like white on rice." That would have been rather hackneyed. His was perhaps original, but the whale definitely won that confrontation.
Quote by LakeShoreLimited

At least he didn't say, "like white on rice." That would have been rather hackneyed. His was perhaps original, but the whale definitely won that confrontation.

I DID say white on rice, then became mortified after Urban Dictionary told me is was a racist sexual reference. I like to think I’m pretty unshockable, but Urban Dictionary proves me wrong on a pretty regular basis.

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Quote by Ensorceled

I DID say white on rice, then became mortified after Urban Dictionary told me is was a racist sexual reference. I like to think I’m pretty unshockable, but Urban Dictionary proves me wrong on a pretty regular basis.

also, brown rice is better for you.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Count me in bitches...
Be nice to each other

Quote by sprite

also, brown rice is better for you.

Weird that I replaced "white on rice" with a reference to "the great white whale," huh? White much?

I'm on it like brown on bourbon.

Quote by verity100
Count me in bitches...

Are you going to spank readers who giggle while reading your entry again? Asking for a friend...
Quote by KimmiBeGood

Are you going to spank readers who giggle while reading your entry again? Asking for a friend...
Not this time my lovely lady. I'm going all out for raw sex. Maybe
Be nice to each other

Two ideas kicking around in my head so I might just be in for this one. I've kind of been dodging comps here of late but this one seems to have the creative juices flowing. Probably having just entered the comp on blue helps, too.
Quote by Ensorceled

According to the Urban Dictionary, there are two meanings, the first being the one I meant and the second being racist. But I somethings think that that many of the entries on there, being posted by the users, are just made up and thus fictional. You'll sometimes see dueling entries, where one poster praises a certain town or even a high school, and the other criticizes it.

Another dope theme.

Here's hoping I read all entries.

Good Luck.

Wow, 30 entries already.

This one is going to be tough!
Quote by nicola
Wow, 30 entries already.

It's a topic that will appeal to pretty much everybody this time, and quite easy to write, compared with, say, the time travel one which was a challenge.

Also the 1000 word target makes it easier than the comps that suggest up to 5000 words. So I expect this one will break the record for number of entries!
Okay, folks, the monkey is in. Already plenty of entries. I've managed to read a couple already.

Until The Candle Burns Low
Quote by nicola
Wow, 30 entries already.

36 as of noon today when mine went up.
Quote by seeker4

36 as of noon today when mine went up.

Loved yours! I'm loving the entries! So many talented peeps here.
Quote by NicolasBelvoir

It's a topic that will appeal to pretty much everybody this time, and quite easy to write, compared with, say, the time travel one which was a challenge.

Also the 1000 word target makes it easier than the comps that suggest up to 5000 words. So I expect this one will break the record for number of entries!

It has a way to go -
The Valentine poetry competition had 80 entries
The microfiction competition in May last year had 120 entries.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

Quote by kiteares

The Valentine poetry competition had 80 entries
The microfiction competition in May last year had 120 entries.

Both of which had shorter lengths (e.g. micro was limited to 100 words) so more likely to generate lots of entries. That said, this caps out at only 1000 words and has 36 entries in 9 days with the deadline still 4 weeks out. I could easily see it hitting the 80 mark. 120 might be attainable only in another micro comp though. Nonetheless, it gives us something to shoot for.pocvcJ4dmPhKy4Bg
Quote by seeker4

Both of which had shorter lengths (e.g. micro was limited to 100 words) so more likely to generate lots of entries. That said, this caps out at only 1000 words and has 36 entries in 9 days with the deadline still 4 weeks out. I could easily see it hitting the 80 mark. 120 might be attainable only in another micro comp though. Nonetheless, it gives us something to shoot for.V0s6H38AgjAKTkpU

Only because I could read the challenge that you wrote in white, in font size one, between the lines...

There was another Quickie comp in Jan 2014 with a limit of 1500 words, that had 83 entries
The masturbation comp, which was the one before the micro one, with a limit of 2500 words had 106 entries.
And there are plenty in the last few years with over 50 entries.
Poetry seems consistently popular.

36 Entries in 9 days is good going but I've noticed that there tends to be a bit of rush, a flat spot then a steady flow before the end rush...
Who knows maybe you will pass all of these.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

Quote by seeker4

Both of which had shorter lengths (e.g. micro was limited to 100 words) so more likely to generate lots of entries. That said, this caps out at only 1000 words and has 36 entries in 9 days with the deadline still 4 weeks out. I could easily see it hitting the 80 mark. 120 might be attainable only in another micro comp though. Nonetheless, it gives us something to shoot for.2rrISS9ywjGPUiBY

And Lush doesn't even have a banner on the opening page yet, like they usually do. I know Nicola said it sometimes takes a while to create and decide on one of those. It looks like they are doing fine anyway.
Ah, yeah, no banner ad yet. Well spotted. Our resident artist is probably busy.

Regardless, there are some great entries on display so far, and they're still coming in fast. This is gonna be a fab contest.

After writing three stories I felt were otherwise fine but didn't fit the competition theme, I decided the fourth was good enough to meet the criteria. So, I've thrown "Plumbing Her Depths" in if anyone's interested. I may release the other three stories over the next few weeks if I spend a little time tarting them up or expanding them a little. Or not. 'Cos I'm like that.

Keep the entries rolling in. If you're on the fence about entering, jump off and do it.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 112 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

And Lush doesn't even have a banner on the opening page yet, like they usually do.

Yeesh, I had completely missed that. Knew there used to be a way to get to the competition page without drilling in through Competitions but forgot it was a banner ad.
Okay. First draft: 1200 words. Gonna be a tough edit.

Quote by Ensorceled
Okay. First draft: 1200 words. Gonna be a tough edit.

Sometimes it's easier to work from the bottom up rather than cutting from the top down. That may be a little hard to explain. Say you have the general idea of what you're going to do. Then, as you approach say 700 or 800, you know you've got to wrap up soon. You may have to leave out certain events or dialogue that you had originally considered. It may be better to have never written them in the first place rather than going back later and trying to decide what to edit out

Sometimes it's easier to work from the bottom up rather than cutting from the top down. That may be a little hard to explain. Say you have the general idea of what you're going to do. Then, as you approach say 700 or 800, you know you've got to wrap up soon. You may have to leave out certain events or dialogue that you had originally considered. It may be better to have never written them in the first place rather than going back later and trying to decide what to edit out

Depends. I think some of us are better at cutting than at watching the word count. I knew where my story was going so I just wrote that. Came it at just over 1000, so I started cutting non-essentials like adverbs and rewriting some bits in less verbose ways. Didn't take me long to cut it down at all. Went as low as 950 words, but then took it back to 990 (final total) in subsequent edits.